Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
workin on my conditioning. im currently runnnig 3 miles 3 times a week. need a bit harder work, iv heard alot of ppl say that running stairs is good conditioning.. ur opion (routines,time,intensity , ect.)

·
Registered
841 Posts
workin on my conditioning. im currently runnnig 3 miles 3 times a week. need a bit harder work, iv heard alot of ppl say that running stairs is good conditioning.. ur opion (routines,time,intensity , ect.)
You will find that running stairs is the most beneficial way of conditioning yourself, you'll notice improvement the day after and you'll be sore for the next whole next week.

·
Registered
841 Posts
do u guys think it would be benifical to switch one running day to stairs or maybe more days?
Your gonna get more cardio out of running stair/bleachers rather than straight roadwork, so yes. I'd switch more than one day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just keep an eye on your knees. If I do a whole lot of stairs, it plays hell on my knees. I find my knees are more forgiving if I alternate several different types of conditioning (running, stairs, bicycle, burpees, kettlebell swings, plyometrics, etc.) throughout my workout rather than trying to do all stairs, or all running, for example. Then again you may have great knees and this wouldn't apply to you.

·
Registered
841 Posts
how many days a week do u guys usually do your cardio seshions ontop of your boxing training?
I do cardio i.e. running, stairs, sprints, jump rope sessions six times a week along with boxing and weight/resistance training. You should probably do no less than 5 cardio sessions a week. Do whatever your body permits you to do, but at the same time push yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts