Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Rhodes should have been champion 10 years ago, ita a shame his shots came up at 160.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This guy is a pretty damn good boxer. I enjoy watching him fight and would like to see him in there with Forrest.

G

·
This guy is a pretty damn good boxer. I enjoy watching him fight and would like to see him in there with Forrest.
yeah me to, i hope he gets that fight. its been a great comeback in his career. always enjoyed watching him. i hope he gets his one last big chance against forrest.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
yeah me to, i hope he gets that fight. its been a great comeback in his career. always enjoyed watching him. i hope he gets his one last big chance against forrest.:thumbsup:
I really liked what all he said after beating Vuma. He seemed like a really down to earth, humble guy. Made me a fan for life.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I really liked what all he said after beating Vuma. He seemed like a really down to earth, humble guy. Made me a fan for life.
Not being able to back up to what you say and failing to live up to the hype will humble you pretty fast. I remember Ryan Rhodes when he first came up. Or Spice Boy as he use to call himself. All mouth. Very good friends with Naseem Hamed (which is pretty much why he was even hyped in the first place) and tried to act like him. In and out of the ring. He failed badly. He lacked Hamed personality and more importantlly his talent. Rhodes beat the usual domestic fighters. Than he stepped up in class against Otis Grant and got dominated. He never stepped up again. Even crap fighters like Gary Lockett beat him.

Rhodes has actualy improved some what these last couple of years. He's gone from crap to almost mediocre. Good for him. It's as good as it's going to get for him. He'll never be a title holder. Much less a champion

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
Not being able to back up to what you say and failing to live up to the hype will humble you pretty fast. I remember Ryan Rhodes when he first came up. Or Spice Boy as he use to call himself. All mouth. Very good friends with Naseem Hamed (which is pretty much why he was even hyped in the first place) and tried to act like him. In and out of the ring. He failed badly. He lacked Hamed personality and more importantlly his talent. Rhodes beat the usual domestic fighters. Than he stepped up in class against Otis Grant and got dominated. He never stepped up again. Even crap fighters like Gary Lockett beat him.

Rhodes has actualy improved some what these last couple of years. He's gone from crap to almost mediocre. Good for him. It's as good as it's going to get for him. He'll never be a title holder. Much less a champion
I have to say i agree with just about everything you have said here,ive never liked the man for the exact reasons you listed here.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I have to say i agree with just about everything you have said here,ive never liked the man for the exact reasons you listed here.
Facts don't lie. The only good fighters he's beaten have been......Damn. Soon as I find one, I'll let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts