Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to create an official Samuel Peter thread here at The Boxing Forum. He is my main man in the heavyweight division at this present moment in time. He may be kind of heavy and not really flashy... but brawling is still a style of boxing. It still involves boxing gloves. It still involves pugilism and it still involves trying to knock a guy out. "The Nigerian Nightmare" also has a surprisingly good rate of STAMINA and can keep going the full 12 Rounds... I hope he becomes World Champion sooner or later... and better yet... beat those 2 Giant Ukranian fellows (and the one he lost to who he knocked down 3 times but for some reason still lost the bout... his only defeat today... Samuel Peter should be undefeated), that big ugly and overrated 7 foot Russian... retire Evander Holyfield and James Toney ONE AND FOR ALL and becames UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD... which is a tall order... but it could happen! One more thing... his better than that Brit Audley Harrison... a hell of lot better... and I love the fact that he doesn't drink or smoke and is such a badass... AWESOME!!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
I think he deserved a title shot & should not have to fight Toney again.

I think Toney will win in the rematch, I saw a pic of Peter & he looks overweight.

Good luck to your boy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
there should be no rematch against toney, peter clearly one there first fight and should be fighting a champ not a chump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
there should be no rematch against toney, peter clearly one there first fight and should be fighting a champ not a chump.

I really dont think the winner of this fight will be getting a title shot anytime soon. They are suposed to be #1 contender for Maskaev I think. Well Maskaev is having surgery & then is tryin to bypass the mandatory to fight Klitschko in Russia. At least thats what I read, I will believe a unificaion fight when I see one.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
maybe not soon but the winner is guarented a shot by mid to late 07.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ERIK said:
I think he deserved a title shot & should not have to fight Toney again.

I think Toney will win in the rematch, I saw a pic of Peter & he looks overweight.

Good luck to your boy.
Hasn't he always looked overweight? Not that it matters... as long as he can box! He is something like 257lbs. for a 6'1" man... that's huge!

But unlike most other heavy guys who really on strength and brawling capabilities... he actually has some stamina:D

PS ~ Don't you think James Toney is overweight? He is 5'9"/5'10" and I think 230+ POUNDS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
White Tyson said:
Hasn't he always looked overweight? Not that it matters... as long as he can box! He is something like 257lbs. for a 6'1" man... that's huge!

But unlike most other heavy guys who really on strength and brawling capabilities... he actually has some stamina:D

PS ~ Don't you think James Toney is overweight? He is 5'9"/5'10" and I think 230+ POUNDS?

I think they are both overweight.
The weigh in is almost as interesting as the fight :laugh: This could determine who is the favorite.

I think they both should try to come in about 8 to 12 lbs lighter than last time.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ERIK said:
I think they are both overweight.
The weigh in is almost as interesting as the fight :laugh: This could determine who is the favorite.

I think they both should try to come in about 8 to 12 lbs lighter than last time.
James Toney is a blown up middleweight who took steroids and beat a past his prime and out of shape Evander Holyfield... SO SCREW HIM!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,108 Posts
White Tyson said:
James Toney is a blown up middleweight who took steroids and beat a past his prime and out of shape Evander Holyfield... SO SCREW HIM!!!

Easy easy, I know your upset about your hero Tyson gettin arrested.:laugh:

I dont really care either way for Toney but he is a good boxer with a great chin.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
ERIK said:
Easy easy, I know your upset about your hero Tyson gettin arrested.:laugh:

I dont really care either way for Toney but he is a good boxer with a great chin.
both these guy's are overweight but both have gut's and heart, thet've both went 12 rounds on a few ocassions so they cant be in that bad shape.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ERIK said:
Easy easy, I know your upset about your hero Tyson gettin arrested.:laugh:

I dont really care either way for Toney but he is a good boxer with a great chin.
He used to be a good boxer.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top