Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What did you guys think of the other three fights HBO aired?

Concepcion looked pretty promising, but we'll see if he meets the same fate as Banal when he steps up the competition. It's rumored he might fight J.M. Lopez, but I definitely don't think he's ready for that.

Alvarado didn't impress me much against a shot fighter. He took way too many punches against a former lightweight who held a title ten years ago.

I thought Segura was going to ice Canchila early, but the Columbian toughed it out and gave a solid effort. That was a pretty enjoyable fight, even though it paled in comparison the the main event that was to come. Did anyone have any hypothesis as to what happened to Segura? His mouth looked really funny. I wasn't sure if he had a broken jaw, a broken nose, internal organ damage, or what.

G

·
I wasn't expecting Canchila to win so easily after being knocked down. It was a great performance, the guy has amazing stamina too, he looked strong to the end. I thought Segura would win that fight.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i saw the canchilla fight only and was impressed.

i mean he has got a nice jab, good speed, ok power, nice feet to get in and out and a good counter puncher. his inside game was ok, but his outside seemed good.

definitely someone to look out for.

when bradley beat witter, i felt that bradley wasn't anything special. witter just looked bad.

in this fight i feel that canchilla could very well be something special. also when i looked up him in box rec, he has a few ko's. stille arly in his career but a good fighter he may become.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Concepcion looked great he'll be a champ in no time. Alvarado is one of the least good prospects I've seen in years. Got to give it to Bazan for making it competitive. I didn't like Segura's style he was very sloppy and had almost no defense. Canchila was the more fundamentally sound guy and he has great power as well. Don't sleep on him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.