Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dissapointing. VERY disappointing.
I highly recommend saving your hard earned dough and watching it when it comes out on DVD.
The first 25 minutes or so were downright amateurish. I couldnt believe this was a George Lucas production. You'll notice what I mean in the beginning. Awkward lighting and costumes that probably still had the tags on them, not to mention the bad audio quality, poor acting , etc. For a high dollar hollywood production such as this, the sound and lighting issues are absolutely unacceptable and pull you away from the experience because they stick out like a sore thumb.
The first 25 minutes have a distinct "B" movie feel to them. After that, it gets better but never develops into what you had hoped. This is mainly due to bad script writing but is also furthered along by outlandish action scenes and a poor storyline. Harrison Ford's acting started off VERY shaky but cleaned up in the middle. I'd have to chalk this up to bad directing. Theres just no excuse for scenes like that making it to film.
Overall, I'd say it was a big bust.

Out of 5 stars I'd give this one a 2.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Your the first one to tell me it wasnt that good, I've heard some great things from outside people so far. Sucks though hearing this.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I have heard it was their second favorite just behind the Ark. Personally I loved Temple of Doom the best. I was planning on waiting for the DVD anyway. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Dissapointing. VERY disappointing.
I highly recommend saving your hard earned dough and watching it when it comes out on DVD.
The first 25 minutes or so were downright amateurish. I couldnt believe this was a George Lucas production. You'll notice what I mean in the beginning. Awkward lighting and costumes that probably still had the tags on them, not to mention the bad audio quality, poor acting , etc. For a high dollar hollywood production such as this, the sound and lighting issues are absolutely unacceptable and pull you away from the experience because they stick out like a sore thumb.
The first 25 minutes have a distinct "B" movie feel to them. After that, it gets better but never develops into what you had hoped. This is mainly due to bad script writing but is also furthered along by outlandish action scenes and a poor storyline. Harrison Ford's acting started off VERY shaky but cleaned up in the middle. I'd have to chalk this up to bad directing. Theres just no excuse for scenes like that making it to film.
Overall, I'd say it was a big bust.

Out of 5 stars I'd give this one a 2.
You sure you wasnt watching the bootleg copy at the theater. Some are doing that so that they can start getting money early. I saw it on the news.

Your the first one to tell me it wasnt that good, I've heard some great things from outside people so far. Sucks though hearing this.

You right everyone I talked to that saw it said that it was a great movie.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I have heard it was their second favorite just behind the Ark. Personally I loved Temple of Doom the best. I was planning on waiting for the DVD anyway. Thanks!
Temple of doom was my fav too.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I never liked the Indiana movies that much tbh :S Ill problaby just download it when a decent quality version comes out.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I hated temple of the doom but raiders of the lost ark and the last crusade were great. I expect this to be a very good movie.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I liked them when I was much younger. I watched this movie last night with my little brother. It was absolutely terrible like I expected. 4/10.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
It seems like even when so called movie geniuses, are involved in a tire subject nothing comes out right I beleive they stared this movie some time ago then it got shelved only to be restarted again the result a total mess.......just cause it saids George Lucas or Spillver don't guarantee shitzz....

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You sure you wasnt watching the bootleg copy at the theater. Some are doing that so that they can start getting money early. I saw it on the news.

You right everyone I talked to that saw it said that it was a great movie.
Yes, im quite sure. The theater is a large mainstream thater franchise, and the display quaity was good. A bootleg blown up to a screen res of that size would have been VERY noticeable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts