Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately we couldn't see the Mayweather-Cotto Fight. Now i wonder who De La Hoya's planning to fight. 2 more fights left in him. Cotto-De La Hoya? Cotto's the biggest 147 pounder now.. Mayweather stepped down.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Oh really? He's retiring? Or is it that he's trying to threaten De La Hoya so that De La Hoya spits more money his way for the September showdown?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why would de la hoya be threatened? I don't think De La Hoya has any reason to feel threatened. Yeah Floyd is undefeated but he has Cotto in his choices and if Floyd retires he stepped down. Cotto's the biggest one out there if he beats margarito.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
why would de la hoya be threatened? I don't think De La Hoya has any reason to feel threatened. Yeah Floyd is undefeated but he has Cotto in his choices and if Floyd retires he stepped down. Cotto's the biggest one out there if he beats margarito.
De La Hoya will feel threatened because he wants and needs this fight more than Mayweather does. De La Hoya thinks he's Puerto Rican now and has stated that he will not fight one of his countrymen. That rules out Cotto.

Mayweather is not only playing us, the fans. He's playing De La Hoya as well. The difference is that Golden Boy as a promotional company is aware of this game and will most likely be forced to shell out a few more Millions over at PBF.

This is all speculation though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts