Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this has been batted around allot. How many think that scoring should be revealed at the end of each round as opposed to the current system.

I have mixed feelings about it but in general don't favor it. If a guy builds a lead he's going to fight to the level of the scoring. Also, if a guy is way behind, he will be discouraged to fight on.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I think that the current system is definitely the way it should stay in regards to scoring. I do, however, think that each judge should have to explain the way or reason that they scored each round accordingly. At the very least, I believe that in controversial fights the judges should be more scrutinized. Open scoring = Bad.

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
Rayman said:
OK, I know this has been batted around allot. How many think that scoring should be revealed at the end of each round as opposed to the current system.

I have mixed feelings about it but in general don't favor it. If a guy builds a lead he's going to fight to the level of the scoring. Also, if a guy is way behind, he will be discouraged to fight on.
Open scoring kind of kills the suspence of the decision. Also, I'm against seeing fighters coast because they know or they think they have a big lead.

Poet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts