Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My uncle's father was Seaman Watson, a boxer based in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, who fought between 1925 - 1935.

He was Featherweight Champion of Great Britain in 1933.

Here is his record:

Seaman Tommy Watson

And here is an article on one of his bigger fights at Madison Square Garden:

Chocolate v. Watson - TIME

My uncle is now pushing 70 odd years old and has asked me to enquire as to what some of his father's old boxing gear would be worth if put up for sale (eBay/Auction/private sale/etc).

1. Championship Boxing Gloves made by Rose of London (England)

2. Boxing gloves (as new) signed by four British Champions.

Anyone have any guidance on valuation approximately or where would be best to offer them for sale?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi
the best thing would prob be to put it in a sports auction,
ebays ok but sometimes you dont get the full worth,
do you think he will have a signed photo of tommy as i might be interested my self in that, thanks michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seaman Tommy Watson

MY great grandfather was Seaman Tommy Watson and my great uncle who you claim to represent with regard's to selling his boxing memorabilia has no idea who you are.Nor does the rest of the family.In my book that potentially make's you an imposter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY great grandfather was Seaman Tommy Watson and my great uncle who you claim to represent with regard's to selling his boxing memorabilia has no idea who you are.Nor does the rest of the family.In my book that potentially make's you an imposter.
hi mate
is yr great uncle tommys son, tom, i tryed to get in touch with him threw john jarret who wrote your great grandfathers book so i could get it signed of tommys son,

do you think anyone in your family has anything signed from seaman tommy watson they would be willing to sell as i am a big fan of his. and think the man is the best boxer to ever come out of the north east.

thank you for your time and help mate,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts