Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ali Oubaali vs. Chris Fernandez, 10 rounds, junior welterweights New York (ESPN2)

Albert Sosnowski vs. Kevin Burnett, 10 rounds, heavyweights (ESPN2)

Tavoris Cloud vs. Julio Gonzalez, 12 rounds, IBF light heavyweight eliminator; At Chicago (ESPN2)

Alex De Jesus vs. Adrian Navarette, 12 rounds, junior welterweights At Toa Baja, Puerto Rico (Telefutura)

Shane feel free to change fights, there is a randall baily fight and a vinny maddolone fight but they are no televised. Do not pick yet guys.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
There ain't many fights this week. SO I doubt Shane changes anything

Ali Oubaali TKO 5
Albert Sosnowski UD
Tavoris Cloud UD
Alex De Jesus TKO 6

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think I'm going to reduce the number of fights to one or two max. I'm not big on having guys fight who nobody really knows about even if one or two guys do. I'll figure it out by tomorrow.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I think I'm going to reduce the number of fights to one or two max. I'm not big on having guys fight who nobody really knows about even if one or two guys do. I'll figure it out by tomorrow.
Hell nah. Than what's the point? You reduce the fights than you pretty much have everybody picking the same. Nobody really changes places. And nobody really differs in picks unless it's a 50-50 fight. What you need to do is increase the number of fights to 6. Or 5 at least. Put in fights from around the world. Japan, Germany, UK. Let muthafukka study fighters that they don't know about before picking. It helps increase Boxing knowledge. Something some people here really need. This week is pretty slow. But I think the Alex De Jesus-Adrian Navarette fight would of been an excellent choice any week. I been keeping an eye on the Puerto Rican De Jesus since early 2006. He has skills. This is suppose to be a Boxing prediction league. So far it's been a prediction league for only the commonly known fighters. Anybody can pick Andre Dirrell over Mike Paschall and Yuriorkis Gamboa over Al Seeger. That's easy. I'm not saying don't include them fights. I'm saying add more fights. From different places of the world. Make muthafukkas think. You the admin Shane. So I know you a busy cat. Maybe it's best to let some else run this. Or get some help. Hell, let me pick the fights. You can add the scores. I'll have you muthafuckas studying fighters. The league would be better.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I agree with Gerald, Shane. I also think there needs to be more fights. Not less. A PL league should be competitive. There won't be much of that if there's only 2 fights to pick from. I also have no problem including fights from lesser known fighters. It would be good for the forum to broaden things up. And I to would be happy to help you out if you need it. Don't hesitate to ask

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I agree with Gerald, Shane. I also think there needs to be more fights. Not less. A PL league should be competitive. There won't be much of that if there's only 2 fights to pick from. I also have no problem including fights from lesser known fighters. It would be good for the forum to broaden things up. And I to would be happy to help you out if you need it. Don't hesitate to ask
That's what I'm talking about. I try and like watching fights from all over. All weight classes. Right now I'm converting to DVD last Wednesdays fight from Japan. Flyweight title fights between Takefumi Sakata-Hiroyuki Hisataka and Daisuke Naito-Tomonobu Shimizu. Some of there fights should be included for prediction. I'm sure others who follow them would like to see that as well. I understand not everybody knows about them. Or doesn't follow them. Maybe it's time they did. The members here with more knowledge than others shouldn't be penalized cuz they know more

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Gerald I was talking about reducing the number of fights for this week only because there isn't shitt on.

These are all good ideas, and I agree with all of them. The only problem is that if we start having guys fight that nobody has even heard of we'll see participation drop. I have no problem with having some of the fights this week that maybe 4 or 5 of us know who is fighting, but if we had that every week the whole "who is better at picking fights?" thing goes out the window. That's the problem with just using boxrec to pick fights. Guys wouldn't be able to compare styles and implement their knowledge as to how the fight will or would go. Everyone would just be picking based on boxrec records. We should go ahead and roll with the picks Lance posted though because there isn't shitt else for this week. The next few weeks are going to be really lame, with no names fighting so I will need some help from you guys to give me ideas as to who we use. I like keeping it to 4 fights a week just to keep it consistent, but you guys can definitely help pick who we roll with.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I agree with yall and disagree especialy this week where Simms and Bailey are fighting in huge mismatches. When there is a name fighter, a fight for a title, and/or an eliminator, it should be included, Santos-Alchine should have been on.

I agree with Shane wanting to put televised fights and fighters people recognize because I seen one person post that they didnt participate in this because they didnt know the fighters that were alreayd on. Imagine if they start seeing bitch ass Sakata and Naito on here.

I also agree that the members that know more shouldnt be penalised. I do like the idea of them learning more about fighters they dont know about by researching them on boxrec, youtube, etc. That way every member that participates will get knowledge of the dudes they didn't know about and when there is a Donaire, Solis, Niida thread they will be able to post and not let the thread die out with just 3-20 posts. Those are the pro and cons

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree with yall and disagree especialy this week where Simms and Bailey are fighting in huge mismatches. When there is a name fighter, a fight for a title, and/or an eliminator, it should be included, Santos-Alchine should have been on.

I agree with Shane wanting to put televised fights and fighters people recognize because I seen one person post that they didnt participate in this because they didnt know the fighters that were alreayd on. Imagine if they start seeing bitch ass Sakata and Naito on here.

I also agree that the members that know more shouldnt be penalised. I do like the idea of them learning more about fighters they dont know about by researching them on boxrec, youtube, etc. That way every member that participates will get knowledge of the dudes they didn't know about and when there is a Donaire, Solis, Niida thread they will be able to post and not let the thread die out with just 3-20 posts. Those are the pro and cons
Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. I must have missed Santos-Alcine or just forgot about it. I had to watch that one via an online stream from VD. The most important thing to me and the site is participation. I'm all for whatever keeps that steady. Right now we have about 30 dailies and about 20 of them participate in the prediction league weekly. I don't think adding fights that they've never heard of will help at all regardless of whether or not it is more fun for us. It all boils down to activity in this section and poster participation ya dig?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Ali Oubaali TKO 7
Albert Sosnowski UD
Tavoris Cloud TKO7
Alex De Jesus TKO 7

I may roll with Cloud by TKO. He could be the first to stop Gonzalez. I like Cloud and love his jab, but he seems to get tired early. Against Hererra he looked somewhat gassed by the 4th round.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I agree with both actually. i like Gerald's thoughts. And I understand Shane's points about keeping things consistent with 4 fights. But sometimes that leads to good fights being left out. Like DRPUGILIST said, Santos-Alchine should of been on. Ulises Solis-Glenn Donaire, AJ Banal-Rafael Concepcion are also 2 title fights that should of been included. There fighters that can easily be looked up. But either way I think Shane is doing a great job.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
From here on out I'd like for you guys to throw suggestions at me via PM like DRPUGILIST has been doing. Hell if you want to you can even throw them down in the threads. It will just help to avoid clutter if they come through PM's but I'm down with whatever. Just let me know on Sundays/Mondays if possible. Like I said DRP (Hector) has been doing a badass job in getting at me about the prediction league. I have no proble with you guys doing the same. Some weeks if we have 4 "name" fights and there's 2 or 3 other title fights that there is a little info on I don't mind adding them, but I'd like to put a few youtube videos as well as their boxrec pages in the thread for posters to be able to see and get a little feel for the boxers. You guys could definitely help me out with that part for sure. Having 4 fights is just what we can go by. It doesn't have to always be that way.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

LOL. There good fighters.

Yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. I must have missed Santos-Alcine or just forgot about it. I had to watch that one via an online stream from VD. The most important thing to me and the site is participation. I'm all for whatever keeps that steady. Right now we have about 30 dailies and about 20 of them participate in the prediction league weekly. I don't think adding fights that they've never heard of will help at all regardless of whether or not it is more fun for us. It all boils down to activity in this section and poster participation ya dig?
Alright homie. I trust your judgment. I just don't want to see the contest reduced to 2 fights and everybody picking the same fighters. What would be the point?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
From here on out I'd like for you guys to throw suggestions at me via PM like DRPUGILIST has been doing. Hell if you want to you can even throw them down in the threads. It will just help to avoid clutter if they come through PM's but I'm down with whatever. Just let me know on Sundays/Mondays if possible. Like I said DRP (Hector) has been doing a badass job in getting at me about the prediction league. I have no proble with you guys doing the same. Some weeks if we have 4 "name" fights and there's 2 or 3 other title fights that there is a little info on I don't mind adding them, but I'd like to put a few youtube videos as well as their boxrec pages in the thread for posters to be able to see and get a little feel for the boxers. You guys could definitely help me out with that part for sure. Having 4 fights is just what we can go by. It doesn't have to always be that way.
Yeah PM would of been better. My offer still stands by the way. if you need help or need a break, just ask.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These are all televised fights so its all good I think.

Ali Oubaali TKO 5
Albert Sosnowski UD
Tavoris Cloud UD
Alex De Jesus TKO 9

I think gonzalos could pull the upset but i dont think cloud knocks him out. Gonzalos is still only 32. And he's been in with some of the best punchers.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

Alright homie. I trust your judgment. I just don't want to see the contest reduced to 2 fights and everybody picking the same fighters. What would be the point?
Yeah 2 fights would really be pointless man.
Yeah PM would of been better. My offer still stands by the way. if you need help or need a break, just ask.
Thanks. I will. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

They're alright, they don't want to see Donaire across from them in that ring though, they are Japanese Chris John's in my book but worse because no other champion in their weight class has been calling him out.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
They're alright, they don't want to see Donaire across from them in that ring though, they are Japanese Chris John's in my book but worse because no other champion in their weight class has been calling him out.
Part of the problem is Donaire. He thinks and acts like he's a p4p fighter (he's not yet). There is a reason he hasn't fought in 2008 yet. And we're already in the 8th month. He's become increasingly difficult to deal with. Fights with Jorge Arce and Christian Mijares never seriously got passed the rumor stage cuz of Donaire demanding the bigger purse. He needs to check himself and get in the ring on a regular basis. This inactivity ain't good for him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts