Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm wanting some help to step up my punch technique, but all I have is a shadow boxing video. Any help that you could give would be great, OR, tell me things to video tape so that you can critique that instead. Thanks!

YouTube - Sbox

·
Registered
841 Posts
Constructive Criticism:): I'm not diggin your footwork at all. Your punching isn't in sync with your body movement. Your pivoting on your jab more than taking a small step forward and putting your body into it. Keep your hands higher. Follow through with your shots, they all look like shoulder taps. You sometimes throw two punches at the same time(your jab & straight right, looks very awkward:dunno:) and its making you look very off balance. MOVE your head: Slip invisible jabs and rights, duck invisible hooks, and parry invisible body shots. Move around your invisible opponent, use your angles, jab jab side step 1-2-hook, and etc instead of standing in one place. Your hooks are weak, put more power and technique into them and loosen up, your too stiff. TBH you need alot of work but keep on trying. Your develping alot of bad habits, and it's hard to point out all of them through typing. My advice over the internet, is to watch fights, watch boxers shadow box and get a better idea of what to do, Im sure there are lots of good vids on youtube. Good Luck and forgive me if I came off as a little too harsh.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You need alot of work bud. Extend your arms a lot more. Shadow box slowly you shouldn't be doing it quickly shadow boxing is normally to loosen you up. I have no clue why you decided to throw right hooks you're a righty you shouldn't be throwing right hooks unless you're litterally hugging the guy that leaves your face wide open. Turn your waist when you throw a straight right you shift your weight over giving you more power. Turn with your punches. Extend your arms out more and use your waist like a tork when throwing a combination like a jab straight right left hook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts