Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally the number one p4p in the world, the Latin Snake, is in negociations for a possible showdown that would be a megafight against the strong prime Forrest in a very meaningfull fight!:laugh:

How good could that be?

·
Banned
589 Posts
Finally the number one p4p in the world, the Latin Snake, is in negociations for a possible showdown that would be a megafight against the strong prime Forrest in a very meaningfull fight!:laugh:

How good could that be?
:laugh: Guess Mora Finally Decided He Wanted To Add A KO To His Resume.....KO Loss That Is:laugh:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Vernon Forrest will ruin Mora.

Forrest by humiliating UD 11 rd to 1 me thinks.

Forrest is still a world class boxer.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
What's with the new trend of putting these "Contender" stars against real champions? I'd like the idea if they were real Contenders, but they aren't. They all suck. SORRY if you are a fan of the show, but it's my opinion that they should pick real contenders for the show, and maybe some more worthy boxers should get the real recognition they deserve. Like Joshua Clottey.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only one earning a contender stat is Alfonso Gomez, still I dont think he did enough to get a fight with Cotto..too bad for him anyways

Simple fact is, they put some nobodies in the show to try to make the winner a contender.. I didnt see it happening so far

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The only one earning a contender stat is Alfonso Gomez, still I dont think he did enough to get a fight with Cotto..too bad for him anyways

Simple fact is, they put some nobodies in the show to try to make the winner a contender.. I didnt see it happening so far
Exactly! They should put actual contenders at the show and try to get them a title shot. That makes more sense.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The show would even flop then. Contenders are supposed to fight atleast 10 rounds not 5. I still say you won't find the best out of the bunch if you are only fighting 5 rounds. A fight can go anywhere after 5.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Mora is going to get smashed. I hope this ain't PPV. But if it is, I'm still getting it. Just to still him get smashed

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The show would even flop then. Contenders are supposed to fight atleast 10 rounds not 5. I still say you won't find the best out of the bunch if you are only fighting 5 rounds. A fight can go anywhere after 5.
Yeah, exactly. Make then 10 rounders with actual contenders fighting for actual title eliminators and higher rankings. I never understood the point of 5 or 7 rounders. It goes against boxing. I'm in no way a fan of the show.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Moras best weapon is speed.

Now let us think how has Forrest done against really fast boxers in the past :rolleyes:

If Mosley could not give Forrest problems with his speed no way Mora will, now if Mora was a big power puncher like Mayorga i would maby say he had a chance, but mora has like what 5 kos? This will be a easy fight for Forrest.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Yeah, exactly. Make then 10 rounders with actual contenders fighting for actual title eliminators and higher rankings. I never understood the point of 5 or 7 rounders. It goes against boxing. I'm in no way a fan of the show.
I think they made them fight 5 rounds to make it more entertaining because fighters would go at it straight from the opening bell. I didn't like the way they used to cut fights and show highlights with an "epic" music lol. But still I liked the 1st season cause it was nice to see a reality show about boxing. That being said, these guys can't compete with worldclass fighters. Mora and Gomez will both get starched!

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mora is going to get smashed. I hope this ain't PPV. But if it is, I'm still getting it. Just to still him get smashed
The fight still is in negociations, wich mean Forrest still can turn around and take on a worthier opponent than Mora.. Lets hope the fight falls apart, I'd Rather see Forrest against Winky Wright - but that would be too much to ask

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'd Rather see Forrest against Winky Wright - but that would be too much to ask
Of course it would, it makes sense. Sometimes I feel that we as fans are getting robbed of the fights we really want to see year afer year and there is nothing we can do about it because they know that we'll buy these fights anyways.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Mora sucks, he'll probabley pull out. He should of took the taylor fight for the payday because he's barely beating bums now. He's gonna get beat bad real soon.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Funny thing is, the way Taylor was fighting at the time he could have probably got a good payday without being beaten up too much against Taylor (he would still of lost obviously).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts