Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyy im neww here and i wanna ask if it is bad to shadowbox for a long period of time.. I find myself doing it for an hour...and my elbow joint is sore too....so 1, is it bad to overdo it? 2, how do you recover from soreness of your arms and wrists?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
First thing is...you shouldn't be shadow boxing for an hour. Nobody shadow boxes for an hour and i'm pretty dissapointed in you emoore for not saying that. I read this post and didn't wanna say anything but i have to..you shouldn't be shadow boxing for an hour thats not a workout. Shadow boxing gets you loose. You should be shadow boxing for 2-3 rounds.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
heyy im neww here and i wanna ask if it is bad to shadowbox for a long period of time.. I find myself doing it for an hour...and my elbow joint is sore too....so 1, is it bad to overdo it? 2, how do you recover from soreness of your arms and wrists?
Shadowbox for 5 rounds with 5 pound barbells, and you should be getting a workout that is not as damaging.

·
Registered
221 Posts
First thing is...you shouldn't be shadow boxing for an hour. Nobody shadow boxes for an hour and i'm pretty dissapointed in you emoore for not saying that. I read this post and didn't wanna say anything but i have to..you shouldn't be shadow boxing for an hour thats not a workout. Shadow boxing gets you loose. You should be shadow boxing for 2-3 rounds.
K brookylnn, when you spar, you basically shadowbox because all you ever hit is the air, so you basically do double the shadowboxing you say your "supposed" to do.:dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it depends on your goal when u shadow box, some ppl in the gym shadow box like mad to get a workout, some guy do it infront of a mirror slowly to check and correct their form. I try to do both. Get the work out in and correcting your form while shadowboxing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts