Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a recent report by West Coast guru David Avila, a meeting was held on Monday afternoon between Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank to discuss a possible welterweight clash between WBA champion Antonio Margarito and former three-division champ "Sugar" Shane Mosley.

The fight would take place at the tail end of January. Avila notes that Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy, would be contacting HBO to secure a January date. The fight could end up on regular HBO, depending on how much money the network is willing to spend on the event - but more than likely the fight will head to HBO pay-per-view.

“We just have to work out the numbers with HBO,” said Bob Arum of Top Rank.

A fight with Mosley would be Margarito's lead-in fight for the year, with a Miguel Cotto rematch already planned for early June.

Just one quick comment, All the people said they would hate on Mayweather if he came back to fight Mosley. Now it seems that the "top dog" aka margarito is taking him on. How are you going to justify this?

I think this is a great match btw.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
According to a recent report by West Coast guru David Avila, a meeting was held on Monday afternoon between Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank to discuss a possible welterweight clash between WBA champion Antonio Margarito and former three-division champ "Sugar" Shane Mosley.

The fight would take place at the tail end of January. Avila notes that Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy, would be contacting HBO to secure a January date. The fight could end up on regular HBO, depending on how much money the network is willing to spend on the event - but more than likely the fight will head to HBO pay-per-view.

“We just have to work out the numbers with HBO,” said Bob Arum of Top Rank.

A fight with Mosley would be Margarito's lead-in fight for the year, with a Miguel Cotto rematch already planned for early June.

Just one quick comment, All the people said they would hate on Mayweather if he came back to fight Mosley. Now it seems that the "top dog" aka margarito is taking him on. How are you going to justify this?

I think this is a great match btw.
We dont want or need the prima donna to come back leave him where he is.
I hope this fight comes off, the two best welterweights today meet here

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
its awesome that Margarito is fighting Mosley, but if Mayweather was doing it, he would deserve no respect, cuz' he is supposed to be fighting the top contenders. That is what he is supposed to do as a champion.

IMO, Margarito by KO or UD

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its awesome that Margarito is fighting Mosley, but if Mayweather was doing it, he would deserve no respect, cuz' he is supposed to be fighting the top contenders. That is what he is supposed to do as a champion.

CJ just says mosley is one of the top 2 welterweights, yet you would discredit floyd for fighting him? All I see is a much of hypocracy and haters. I don't mean to make this a floyd thread and this will be my last comment on floyd whether you respond to this or not, I just don't get it.

Right now, I got Margarito by UD, however he may be "rusty" again and Mosley could very well pull out a UD.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
After Mosley wins this fight I can see Mayweather fighting him. It would be Shane's last fight for sure, unless he wanted to end on a W...

Mosley vs Mayweather sells almost as good as an Oscar fight, it would get done.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After Mosley wins this fight I can see Mayweather fighting him. It would be Shane's last fight for sure, unless he wanted to end on a W...

Mosley vs Mayweather sells almost as good as an Oscar fight, it would get done.
Mayweather/Mosley does around 750k imo.

·
8,579 Posts
CJ just says mosley is one of the top 2 welterweights, yet you would discredit floyd for fighting him? All I see is a much of hypocracy and haters. I don't mean to make this a floyd thread and this will be my last comment on floyd whether you respond to this or not, I just don't get it.

Right now, I got Margarito by UD, however he may be "rusty" again and Mosley could very well pull out a UD.

Mayweather cant fight anyone he's "RETIRED" unless youre calling him a liar when he swore he was "Permanently Retired" ;)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Margarito should win this fight IF it gets done. I'm backing my boy Mosley though. Shane LOVES guys who like to stand flat footed and slug it out. So does Margarito. This will be one of the 5 best fights of 2009 IF it happens.

As far as the comments about Floyd I have nothing to say other than Mayweather-Mosley was NEVER going to happen and never mentioned by Floyd.

I'll be interested to see when and if this fight gets made.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Mayweather cant fight anyone he's "RETIRED" unless youre calling him a liar when he swore he was "Permanently Retired" ;)
Who is this thread about? Yeah, that's right closet-fan.

If this turns into a Floyd thread it will be closed. I still don't understand why in the Hell Floyd was even brought up. Speaking his name when he's not being mentioned is like waving crack in front of Amy Winehouse.

·
8,579 Posts
Originally Posted by BoxingManiac

That was Mayweathers problem he never met his real contenders he bypassed em

·
8,579 Posts
Who is this thread about? Yeah, that's right closet-fan.

If this turns into a Floyd thread it will be closed. I still don't understand why in the Hell Floyd was even brought up. Speaking his name when he's not being mentioned is like waving crack in front of Amy Winehouse.
Actually Shane I believe it was Lance who brought up Floyds name if you check back.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
SugarShane said:
HAHAHAHA HILRAIOUS METAPHOR MY FRIEND

·
8,579 Posts
lol cj rock just got owned. lol closet fan :

ROFLMAO The day I get owned in here will be the day Nixon returns to the White House:cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Originally Posted by BoxingManiac

That was Mayweathers problem he never met his real contenders he bypassed em
Thread title: Margarito-Mosley

Times Colin mentioned Mayweather: 4...every post. Can we say closet fan? :laugh:
Actually Shane I believe it was Lance who brought up Floyds name if you check back.
Did I say otherwise?

Is it too much to ask that we talk about the topic at hand? Ya know...that Mosley guy and that Margarito guy? I like to think that they're pretty well established and worth talking about, especially because they're fighting each other.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts