Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 27

At Carson, Calif. (HBO):

Shane Mosley vs. Ricardo Mayorga, 12 rounds

junior middleweights

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
Yes mate. It certainly looks like Moseley will win this. Ricardo Mayorga is a bit of a nutter mind, i've seen him in fights not even defend himself and let his opponent have free shots which in my mind is ludicrious. It seems as though he likes taking punishment!

I for one wouldn't be doing that when i meet Shane Moseley, as if he lands that right it's goodnight Mayorga :):D

·
Banned
57 Posts
I hope this plays out a bit like tito-mayorga. shane is going to have to be careful for the first few rounds though. he has a massive reach deficit and might have a power disadvantage at 154. im thinkin mosely by late stoppage. Mayorga folds here often, and i wouldnt be surprised if he has not conditioned himself to go 12 rounds, what by his predictions and chain smokig at press conferences.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I hope this plays out a bit like tito-mayorga. shane is going to have to be careful for the first few rounds though. he has a massive reach deficit and might have a power disadvantage at 154. im thinkin mosely by late stoppage. Mayorga folds here often, and i wouldnt be surprised if he has not conditioned himself to go 12 rounds, what by his predictions and chain smokig at press conferences.
Nice comparison. I see Shane stopping Mayorga around the same time Tito did.

·
Registered
59 Posts
MOSLEY BY STYLISH LATE ROUND KNOCKOUT, SINCE MAYORGA LOST TO TRINIDAD HE HAS BEEN THE POSTER CHILD FOR ALL EX-CHAMPIONS TO GET A GREAT KNOCKOUT OVER A FIGHTER THOUGHT TO BE A TOUGH STREET FIGHTER. :cool:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Mosley won by TKO with a second left in the final round. A very entertaining fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts