Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other thread has been closed but I think its worth talking about. I was reading about some mms stuff and came across this. I think everyone in this forum knows it IS POSSIBLE....ufc DOES have the money that mayweather would want...im sure every person in this forum knows sean sherk would destroy mayweather....look how they fight...mayweather is a boxer....ok....sherk has been hit in the head but elbows and things much harder than boxing gloves. I think that sherk would have in down in a matter of seconds....now u will say why would he fight a caveman?...ive seen alot of that....if he cant beat a caveman then what?.....what is mayweather....he KEEPS running his mouth and dana white WILL ofer him many million to do this...sherk will step in the octagon tomorrorw.....sherk master in martial arts and an all american wrestler...besides the point is is pound for pound the strongest profesional athelete....yea professional....i know there are alto of boxing fans that would love to see loud mouth floyd get ground and pounded...because HE was the one that said it cant be done.....wierd how that work....talk talk talk but prolly will NEVER step up lol...all about the money!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i am one of the big MMA and boxing fan on here. Personally i think this is the wrong way for the UFC to go about this. Mayweather will never step in the octagon with Sherk, and i dont think any less of him for it either. Its a no win situation for him. After this fight he will not need the hype machine and my guess is he will not be talking as much. The UFC could offer him 20 mil to step in the ring and, it would be worth it to them, he will decline. Hes not a stupid fighter.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
DeucePac said:
So the other thread has been closed but I think its worth talking about. I was reading about some mms stuff and came across this. I think everyone in this forum knows it IS POSSIBLE....ufc DOES have the money that mayweather would want...im sure every person in this forum knows sean sherk would destroy mayweather....look how they fight...mayweather is a boxer....ok....sherk has been hit in the head but elbows and things much harder than boxing gloves. I think that sherk would have in down in a matter of seconds....now u will say why would he fight a caveman?...ive seen alot of that....if he cant beat a caveman then what?.....what is mayweather....he KEEPS running his mouth and dana white WILL ofer him many million to do this...sherk will step in the octagon tomorrorw.....sherk master in martial arts and an all american wrestler...besides the point is is pound for pound the strongest profesional athelete....yea professional....i know there are alto of boxing fans that would love to see loud mouth floyd get ground and pounded...because HE was the one that said it cant be done.....wierd how that work....talk talk talk but prolly will NEVER step up lol...all about the money!!
I'm sorry but you are a moron. Why in the hell would a guy who is getting $20 million to BOX go wrestle around with some spandex wearing queers in a sport that he has ZERO training in? Ooops I said sport. GO BACK TO YOUR MMA FORUMS! I usually don't get this mad but your post was just stupid and so narrowly thought out that I had to expose it. Sherk? Who in the hell is that? Go and tell Shrek to come bring his green ass into a boxing ring and see what goes down. And Dana White can go to Hell.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I'm sorry but you are a moron. Why in the hell would a guy who is getting $20 million to BOX go wrestle around with some spandex wearing queers in a sport that he has ZERO training in? Ooops I said sport. GO BACK TO YOUR MMA FORUMS! I usually don't get this mad but your post was just stupid and so narrowly thought out that I had to expose it. Sherk? Who in the hell is that? Go and tell Shrek to come bring his green ass into a boxing ring and see what goes down. And Dana White can go to Hell.
im no fan of floyd but he'd have no trouble potshoting "shrek". lmao

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yes please, this is a respected boxing forum for a reason. Not mma crap. Boxing is about skill , put that pussy in the ring with floyd and he would never touch him. Floyd would never get in the octagon with that kind of fighter. Anyone can get in a ****in cage and choock someone out or whatever they do, but most of those guys cant take a good hit to the head, and definently not the body, i have no doubt, that a few crisp punches from floyd , and sherky's a s s would be out, even though floyd isnt a huge puncher.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
light puncher in boxing, MASSIVE puncher in MMA.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Arghhhhh!!

Here's the thing

In a boxing match Sherk has no chance against PBF. None. Zip.. Ziltch .. Zero .. niente...nada...

In an MMA fight I give the edge to Sherk because that's what he's trained for but Floyd would have a pretty damn good chance of catching Sherk and knocking him the f**k out before Sherk could get it to the ground.

anyways never going to happen, and I wouldn't be that interrested in seeing it.

I would however love to see Toney in the cage. He's a broad squat guy with a low centre of gravity who already likes to clinch and brawl and would be hard as hell to take down. He's someone who would be VERY dangerous going from boxing to MMA

Anyways if people want to see how a top guality boxer does in MMA all they have to do is follow Jeremy Williams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Williams_(boxer)

Who ironically has won most of his MMA fights by submission

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
goju-joe said:
Arghhhhh!!

Here's the thing

In a boxing match Sherk has no chance against PBF. None. Zip.. Ziltch .. Zero .. niente...nada...

In an MMA fight I give the edge to Sherk because that's what he's trained for but Floyd would have a pretty damn good chance of catching Sherk and knocking him the f**k out before Sherk could get it to the ground.

anyways never going to happen, and I wouldn't be that interrested in seeing it.

I would however love to see Toney in the cage. He's a broad squat guy with a low centre of gravity who already likes to clinch and brawl and would be hard as hell to take down. He's someone who would be VERY dangerous going from boxing to MMA

Anyways if people want to see how a top guality boxer does in MMA all they have to do is follow Jeremy Williams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Williams_(boxer)

Who ironically has won most of his MMA fights by submission
since when was jeremy williams ever a top class boxer?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
please correct me if im wrong but didn't williams lose to akinwande for a strap, didn't williams lose to larry the "legend". what a joke that is.

sam peter also made him look like a real mug.

if this bum is doing remotley anything in MMA than its worse than i ever though it was!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
tommygunn said:
since when was jeremy williams ever a top class boxer?
Top class in that he's the highest ranked boxer to fight in MMA that I know of.

Also I woudln't classify him exactly as a mug.

·
Registered
49 Posts
look up a show called fight science. they study every aspects of any kind of human confrontation. the boxers punch is the hardest strike in fighting. the boxer they used, a guy i never heard of punched the combo dummy with over 1000 psi of pressure, making ith the hardest strike that they studied. the point being is the elbows arent harder than a punch. did anybody see butterbean in pride. pretty funny. 2 different sports. it wouldnt be a big suprise to see lebron james beat albert pujols in a game of 1on1, or vise versa in a homerun derby.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
goju-joe said:
Top class in that he's the highest ranked boxer to fight in MMA that I know of.

Also I woudln't classify him exactly as a mug.
he's not a mug your right, he's a top class bum!!!

:laugh: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fight science showed that a boxer has the hardest punch at 991psi. That is not very surprising. It was harder than some Kung FU kicks. A spinning back kick form a Tae Kwon Doe fighter hit at 1561psi. The hardest strike by far was the Muay Thia fighter that could break baseball bats in half, and the clinch knee that was showing the same force as a 35mph car accident. A knee from him could compress your chest cavity 2 inches. I was not shocked to see a boxer with the hardest punch, i was shocked to see it rank higher than some kicks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
came on the discovery science channel. Like in the 140s on charter digital. I forget the boxers name also, but they said he was a former undefeated champion who now trains

·
Registered
1 Posts
despite thinking that i may just be insulted for joining this forum, i would like to hear a rational argument from people like tysonjones who appear to believe that mma requires no skill. i'm reading things like 'anyone can get into a cage and choock [sic] someone out' and i don't know whether to laugh or cry. how many people honestly believe this?
anyone who does believe that high level mma like in the ufc or pride is just street fighting, please, try it out once. go into a jiu jitsu gym and see how 'easy' it is to just choke someone out when you've never trained before. see how 'easy' it is to punch a wrestler when he wants to take you down and you've no training to prevent him. i've never understood this narrow mindset that some boxing fans (and journalists, unfortunately) have about mma, and about how those who participate in it are not real athletes.

as has been pointed out, in a boxing match of course mayweather wins, 999 times out of 1000, easy. but in a real fight, where anything goes - which mma is much closer to (but there are rules guys, for those who think it is just a bar room brawl in there) - then mayweather would be submitting before you could blink. boxing is a great sport, and the top boxers are incredible athletes, but it is nothing like a real fight. in mma, you have to be good at everything - submissions, wrestling, punches, kicks, knees, and on and on. you have much, much more to worry about than just punches. so why is it that some people seem to think that mastering such a diverse background does not involve anywhere near the skill level that boxing does? or, even more extreme, that someone like mayweather would beat a top mma fighter in a 'real' fight and not just a boxing match?

i've read the following analogy elsewhere, but i think it's apt enough to repeat: comparing boxing to mma is like comparing throwing a football to playing quarterback. you could have someone who just trains at throwing a ball very, very far. that person could become the best thrower in the world. but try to put him in there in a football game, when he has to worry about pinpoint accuracy while other guys are trying to tackle him, and he's going to fail miserably. same goes with boxing and real fighting. boxing is just one aspect of it. it may be a fun, interesting aspect, but it is not the only thing, nor is it necessarily any harder or more skillful than any other aspect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Boxing can work great in boxing, but to say pro boxers stand a chance without other training they would get destroyed...they would take them down and its theres.

Boxers would have a good chance if the fight stayed up some would faulter by taking kicks and other stuff but generally a Boxer with training in other parts of MMA will do well.

Chris Lytle is also a pro boxer that competes in MMA aswell and he goes good but he knows other stuff aswell.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts