Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up all. I seem to have a slight problem with shin splints when I jump rope. I jump rope on a pad to alleviate some of the stress and it works pretty good. I noticed most shoes are made with the shock absorbtion in the heel which is obvious for running. Just curious if there any kinds of shoes that have extra front absorbtion as I think this would help with the pounding jumping rope puts on the balls of your feet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a similar problem with jumping rope except that it's in my knees. I haven't been able to find any shoes to alleviate it. What I have found that helps is, like you said jumping on a thick pad or in the ring if nobody else is using it. I've also found that alternating jumprope with something lower impact helps a lot. Like if you're planning to do 4 rounds of jumprope and 4 rounds of shadowboxing, alternate one of each rather than doing all jumprope then all shadowboxing.

Whats up all. I seem to have a slight problem with shin splints when I jump rope. I jump rope on a pad to alleviate some of the stress and it works pretty good. I noticed most shoes are made with the shock absorbtion in the heel which is obvious for running. Just curious if there any kinds of shoes that have extra front absorbtion as I think this would help with the pounding jumping rope puts on the balls of your feet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts