Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Should Cintron retire? Is Dawson Scared of Johnson? Is Manny Stewart overated?

1K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  dsr 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For a Fragel Rock VooDoo doll, FM Sr. makes alot of valid points. Not that I agree with all of it, but it all has its merit.

#4 ·
Were you shocked that Cintron didn't do more damage to Margarito?

A:Cintron can't ******* fight.
Cintron night not be a great fighter, but he can seriously punch. Margarito walked through a serious amount of massive right hooks from one of the hardest hitters in the game without even blinking and this old nutter still thinks that Cotto is going to do serious damage to him. Bizarre.

#7 ·
Cintron does pack a hell of a punch. His power is murderous.

The fight was just another testament to the chin of AM.

Makes you wonder if AM can withstand the power of Cotto. It is unseen
how Cotto would react to somebody eating his punches since everyone thats stood up to his onslaught has perished

#9 ·
Regardless if Tony gets executed or not, it should be a far more entertaining match up than Cotto Mayweather, which would probably result in a surgical defusing of the Cotto bomb by Dr. Mayweather.

Don't be too surprised if AM pulls off the upset, he might have five loses but has never gone down.

Cotto can't say the same as he was put on his ass by lesser oppenents
than AM.

Cotto outclasses him in a conventional sense, although the upset is fathomable.

#11 ·
Well when you fight a guy that has the power and stamina of margarito, anything is possible. I doubt he's been tested to the body by anyone near the ability of Cotto, though.

#15 ·
I agree with what you said about Stewart. He can't fight for these guys.

In the first Palvik fight, Taylor was not listening to Manny's between round advice, which is violating a cardinal rule for boxers> "shut up and listen to coach".

If your paying top dollar for this guys services you should at least listen to him.

Freddy Roach hasn't been to successful minus Pac Man as of late.
He hasn't been catching any flack.

#18 ·
1. Kermit Cintron shouldn't retire. He can still make a lot of money in boxing. He'll never be elite though.
2. I didn't score the fight with pen and paper but I had Jhonson winning going into the 10th (in my head).
3. Steward is somewhat overrated. He's been teaching his fighter's the wrong things lately. His best days are definately behind him.

#22 ·
What Steward was saying was obviously wrong which is why the round before Kermit was KO'd, Steward was saying "You've got to box him, he can take a punch". It was too late though. This, I even knew going into the fight. It was a rematch for God sakes! Everyone knew Tony could take Kermit's punch.

#23 ·
It wouldn't have mattered if Steward told him to kick Tony in the nuts he was still getting KO'd. If a fighter is stronger than you and you cant keep them off you need to stay as close to them as possible so they cant get room to get there shots off, clinch when possible too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.