Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should female fighters train with boys?

1. What are some positives and negtives for the female?

2. What are some positives and negatives for male fighters training with a female?

3. What are some positives and negatives for the girls?

4. What do you think about women's only classes?

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Should female fighters train with boys?

1. What are some positives and negtives for the female?

2. What are some positives and negatives for male fighters training with a female?

3. What are some positives and negatives for the girls?

4. What do you think about women's only classes?
answers:

1. they must as well it's an all out contact sport no sense in taking it easy if they're serious about the sport.

2.I dont really see a negative except for the part that the anatomy of a female has more sensitive areas, and a male sparring partner might hold back and all out attack taking away from the objetive of the whole training thing, as far as girls go most of the ones that choose this sport have a questionable gender ,what I mean is that they are mostly dikes or hard lesvians and have male tendencies, this is not meant to demean or insult them , they are what they are and that's all there's to it......

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I've seen some sexy girls train at my gym. They used training as a workout. I've seen probably one short hair/lesbian looking girl and a dozen sexy ones lol. Thing is I can't help but holding back when I'm sparring with them. Even the experienced ones. That's just me maybe some other guys don't have this problem.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I've seen some sexy girls train at my gym. They used training as a workout. I've seen probably one short hair/lesbian looking girl and a dozen sexy ones lol. Thing is I can't help but holding back when I'm sparring with them. Even the experienced ones. That's just me maybe some other guys don't have this problem.
Sure there's a lot of sexy kittens that like the work out itself , it;s the pittbulls that take it all the way, I used to spar some time ago with a woman's champion down here in Hollywood fla, Bonnie Canino, she was a killer in the ring against other chicks, but I used to box circles around her and would smack her hard once in a while just to keep her from getting too cocky, one time she caught me with a spinning back fist, I'll tell you she pissed me off and I went to work on her and gave her a black eye, that was the last time her trainer allowed her to spar guys bigger than her...

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I don't know about the positives and negatives but I don't see anything wrong with them training. I wouldn't ever spar with a girl but I don't mind training with them.In fact, I welcome it ;)

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
especially if they like to spar naked yeyah..:laugh: I would'nt be able to get too close thoug my pole would keep'm at a distance

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Sure there's a lot of sexy kittens that like the work out itself , it;s the pittbulls that take it all the way, I used to spar some time ago with a woman's champion down here in Hollywood fla, Bonnie Canino, she was a killer in the ring against other chicks, but I used to box circles around her and would smack her hard once in a while just to keep her from getting too cocky, one time she caught me with a spinning back fist, I'll tell you she pissed me off and I went to work on her and gave her a black eye, that was the last time her trainer allowed her to spar guys bigger than her...
LOL if she was a champ then well done man. Unless she was a flyweight champ...
Man at first I couldn't believe how many sexy girls love to box. And they wear thongs in training :)
Girls are gonna have to spar guys at some point because they're outnumbered in boxing gyms so I got no problem with that but I hate to do it.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
LOL if she was a champ then well done man. Unless she was a flyweight champ...
Man at first I couldn't believe how many sexy girls love to box. And they wear thongs in training :)
Girls are gonna have to spar guys at some point because they're outnumbered in boxing gyms so I got no problem with that but I hate to do it.

I remember Christy Marten visiting our gym in ft worth a few years back she was publicising the Seldon- Tyson fight I think. She sparred with a real mean looking guy, cant remember his name, and man neither held anything back they went toe to toe. I spoke to him afterwards and commented on it. He said " You have to hit hard or she'll be all over you in fact the first time I sparred with her she put me on my butt".By then Christy had changed and looked like a sweet innocent young girl hard to believe it was her in the ring

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I see no problem with it. I wouldn't ever spar with a female though unless she was 250 plus. There's nothing wrong with dropping a willing fat bitch.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
AS long as you dont do what Calzaghe did to hopkins its all good..

I've sparred with some girls and well, its a good thing cuz thats the moment I can get cocky, drop my hands and try avoid punches .. Of course some get angry at me and I was once punched in the balls.. Anyways, I'm always reluctant to punch them with power but I guess thats what they want

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys have all said some intersting things. We all know about equality, women's rights etc. But what about the sexualised side of it?

1. How do your coaches react to the girls?

2. Does it ever interrupt your training when your around girls? Do you train better in a male only atmosphere?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't mind having girls/women in the gym. However, I am not a serious boxer. I do it because I love the sport. My coach likes to let me spar with the girls because he knows I won't kill them but I will make them work hard. I get to work on throwing as many punches as possible without worrying about power. I would love the opportunity to sparr with Vonda Ward. She would kill me but then I could say that I sparred with the HW Champion of the World.

I can see how some of the men might get distracted. I would say that at least at my gym when it is an all male workout it is way more intense. When the girls are there the radio is on and there is usually laughing and talking.

I can also see why women would not want to sparr with certain men. I certainly don't appreciate getting my head torn off by one of the pros when they come in.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
You guys have all said some intersting things. We all know about equality, women's rights etc. But what about the sexualised side of it?

1. How do your coaches react to the girls?

2. Does it ever interrupt your training when your around girls? Do you train better in a male only atmosphere?
Even if your a priest coach there's always gonna be some type of sexual tension in the air especially if the chick is a little attractive, at least from what I've seen, the champ I mentioned before her trainer used to bang the hell out of her after beating the hell out of her :laugh: and this even thoug the chick was quite gay :confused: go figure

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
If there are nice girls you cant help it, I mean, yes you're gonna look when their shirt is wet and look the boobs, or even when you're clinching. Also, I dont punch them with power, i cant
same way when you're working out weights and there are woman with tight pants bending exercising.. You will look, and you will talk to them eventually..

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
If there are nice girls you cant help it, I mean, yes you're gonna look when their shirt is wet and look the boobs, or even when you're clinching. Also, I dont punch them with power, i cant
same way when you're working out weights and there are woman with tight pants bending exercising.. You will look, and you will talk to them eventually..
You've gotta look LOL Tell ya what my wife says. The day I dont look at a sexy female she'll know for sure I'm dead LOL

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Absolutely.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Man there's this cute chubby girl at the South Fla Boxing gym where I go, she allways wearing this tight black licra pants, then she goes and lays on this machine where you bench your legs backwards, man when I see the sweat on the crack of her ass, to say that it ruins my work out is putting it mildly, I've try to make a play, but she won't give me the time of day , she 's really into the brothers, what can I say that's life...

·
Registered
219 Posts
From my experience training with women in the sport they are usually

more fundimatally sound and easier to teach since most don't have a

macho ego complex.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts