Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 5 amauter fights so far and I am currently 0-5. I have never been knocked out, been knocked down, or had a fight stopped ever. I have had 2 standing 8 counts. I started boxing at 14 and I had a couple fights.

My first fight I fought a kid w/ the same experience and he beat me cept it was a war and then I got too tired and I couldn't keep throwing and in the 3rd round he hit me alot. I lost a decison.

I then fought a guy with 11 fights who beat me on a decision that I imagine he won pretty decisively. Although I had him in trouble in early round I got too tired to keep it up.

My third fight I fought a kid with 13 fights who was very fast and I managed to keep up with him and lost a split decsion to him. Neither of us were ever really in trouble it was more of a jab war.

My fourth fight I fought a guy who I dominated in teh first round and then I thought I had such a lead on him I stopped throwing punches as much and I lost another split decsion. I was very frustrated because I thought I had won so I quit for about 15 months.

I then went back trained for about 5 months on and off and then had a fight with a much taller oppenant who was south paw with the same amount of fights as me maybe give or take 2, and I don't know what happened. I barely could land a shot and I was so damn tired the whole time I couldn't rush to the inside. I felt very embarrassed after this because I felt he made me look very bad.

I don't know what you guys think but I feel very frustrated because I don't feel like I can win. I am 17 years old now and haven't fought for a few months and I feel like I am complete garbage. I do well in the gym against other fighters who have winning records but I can't seem to win one myself! I don't know what my problem is either. I think it might be stamina or just when I get up there I start to fight differently. I just feel like a bum and maybe I shoudl quit!

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I have had 5 amauter fights so far and I am currently 0-5. I have never been knocked out, been knocked down, or had a fight stopped ever. I have had 2 standing 8 counts. I started boxing at 14 and I had a couple fights.

My first fight I fought a kid w/ the same experience and he beat me cept it was a war and then I got too tired and I couldn't keep throwing and in the 3rd round he hit me alot. I lost a decison.

I then fought a guy with 11 fights who beat me on a decision that I imagine he won pretty decisively. Although I had him in trouble in early round I got too tired to keep it up.

My third fight I fought a kid with 13 fights who was very fast and I managed to keep up with him and lost a split decsion to him. Neither of us were ever really in trouble it was more of a jab war.

My fourth fight I fought a guy who I dominated in teh first round and then I thought I had such a lead on him I stopped throwing punches as much and I lost another split decsion. I was very frustrated because I thought I had won so I quit for about 15 months.

I then went back trained for about 5 months on and off and then had a fight with a much taller oppenant who was south paw with the same amount of fights as me maybe give or take 2, and I don't know what happened. I barely could land a shot and I was so damn tired the whole time I couldn't rush to the inside. I felt very embarrassed after this because I felt he made me look very bad.

I don't know what you guys think but I feel very frustrated because I don't feel like I can win. I am 17 years old now and haven't fought for a few months and I feel like I am complete garbage. I do well in the gym against other fighters who have winning records but I can't seem to win one myself! I don't know what my problem is either. I think it might be stamina or just when I get up there I start to fight differently. I just feel like a bum and maybe I should quit!
Look man if you want to keep fighting, then do it! If you're heart ain't it then don't fight again and move on. One crucial piece of advice though, if you keep fighting start fresh, identify where you're going wrong and work with your trainer to correct it. Also don't feel like a bum. You have my respect for just getting in the ring. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like you may need to work on stamina, maybe mix up the training/sparring a little in order to be able to adapt to different styles, work on your strengths too. Its really up to you, if you feel you can make improvements and be better you should carry on, if you feel that your best is'nt good enough and never will be, quit!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yea I have a similar problem except I have trouble losing fights...
You're a joke man. Don't be surprised if you're banned tomorrow.

If you're having trouble in your fights work harder on your stamina. Never quit. Do a lot more sparring and look who you've been fighting. They have much more experience then you i say you fight someone with the amount of experience that you have.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts

I don't know what you guys think but I feel very frustrated because I don't feel like I can win. I am 17 years old now and haven't fought for a few months and I feel like I am complete garbage. I do well in the gym against other fighters who have winning records but I can't seem to win one myself! I don't know what my problem is either. I think it might be stamina or just when I get up there I start to fight differently. I just feel like a bum and maybe I shoudl quit!
It seems like you are fighting people with too many fights on you. Fight guys at your level and with the same or less amount of fights then you. If you like boxing, keep training and working at it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea I think Imma give it another go because now that I am 17 I can be matched with someone of equal skill cause there is more people in the mens division. When I fought at age 14 I couldn't find oppenants that were local or even in the same state sometimes. Now at this age there are alot more oppenants in the same divison as me. Which will give me the chance to find people with an equal amount of fights.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Be picky about your matches though. You'll want to get your record better even if it means beating on people that don't know how to box and they just like to fight. Right now you are most likely a target due to your record. People will want to cheat you over right now if the amateurs are the same where you are as they are where I am.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Keep going bro. Losing can really hurt your confidence. I think it's a mixture of fighting guys who are more experienced then you, above your level and lack of confidence (after 5 losses). But keep going, work on stamina more and learn to pace yourself in fights instead of wasting a lot of energy early on. Just keep training harder and possibly watch a few boxing videos to learn different techniques to try and help neutralise your opponents work. I mean Hopkins is the master and taking away an opponents strongest point, a master at defence and a fantastic counter puncher. When I want to train boxing techniques I love to study Hopkins style because it's so effective. The shoulder rolling, the way he paces himself because of his age. I mean age may not be a problem but stamina is, so just try to pace yourself through a fight and not work to hard early on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It sounds like the only real problem you have is your conditioning, so work on that more and you should do much better

·
Registered
221 Posts
:laugh::laugh: Not even the greatest remained with an unbeaten record in their amateur years. BUT, he's the greatest it looks like. 4 and 0 and looking to the next amateur champion of the world.
Dude I just fought again last night, won a split decision, but I clearly won the fight, it was only a split decision because I was fighting a home town kid. 5-0 Gaaaaaangstaaaaas.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts