Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was jabbing one round yesterday during my heavy bag work and i threw a sloppy jab and my shoulder popped out and after about 10 seconds went back in. Today it is a little tender but it has movement. Should i rest today, and train through it? I dont know much about this injury but online said its reoccuring and that worries me that it will become a problem during sparring and matches.

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can still train, just try to advoid using that arm much. I broke my hand one time and I all I used for a while was my left hand, and I just practised my jab/left hook/left uppercut. I even did some sparring while it was still broken, just didnt use my right hand.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya man, i talked to rican and he said doing one hand will make your arm strength uneven, especially with my jab hand being the one hurt

·
Registered
212 Posts
i was jabbing one round yesterday during my heavy bag work and i threw a sloppy jab and my shoulder popped out and after about 10 seconds went back in. Today it is a little tender but it has movement. Should i rest today, and train through it? I dont know much about this injury but online said its reoccuring and that worries me that it will become a problem during sparring and matches.

any help is appreciated
go see a doctor and dont train. Better to get a few days of rest then to cause some serious shoulder problems.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ya man, i talked to rican and he said doing one hand will make your arm strength uneven, especially with my jab hand being the one hurt
Yea hes kinda right, but now my left hook is a lot stronger haha, I was so use to just trying to kill them with the right hand and I relied on my right but now I use my left arm a lot more just because I got use to it. And my bad, I didnt see it was the left arm, so yea you are kinda screwed

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Yea hes kinda right, but now my left hook is a lot stronger haha, I was so use to just trying to kill them with the right hand and I relied on my right but now I use my left arm a lot more just because I got use to it. And my bad, I didnt see it was the left arm, so yea you are kinda screwed
This is what I would do (and did). When I started out, (I'm orthodox) I jammed my right wrist on the punching bag and every time I used it, it would hurt or not feel right. I asked a friend of mine (who was a National Golden Gloves Champ) if I should still train, he said yes and that, that same thing happened to him and he trained through it, getting better with his other hand. The other hand will catch up when it heals, it's not like your lifting weights with one hand and not the other you wont have one arm noticeably bigger than the other.

Work through it, no pain no gain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts