Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vernon Forrest vs. Cory Spinks: Since the undisputed 154lb champion Winky Wright moved up to face Tito Trinidad and Jermain Taylor, the once big money big name Jr. Middleweight division has been in disarray. Now, with IBF champion Cory Spinks and WBC champion Vernon Forrest, the Jr. Middleweight division once again has two big named champions and it would only make sense for them to unify. The winner of this fight would be a major player within 3 divisions. Let’s just hope that Vernon Forrest does not really have a southpaw phobia as some have suggested.

Nicolai Valuev vs. Sergei Liachovich: The two former heavyweight champions both have the potential to be champion again and they both have created excitement in the ring before. Both of Sergei’s performances on Showtime have been memorable to say the least. The Liachovich-Brewster fight was won of the best heavyweight battles seen in years, especially considering there was a heavyweight title on the line. In Liachovich’s next Showtime fight he was beating Shannon Briggs until being knocked out in the last 30 seconds of the fight. Either way you slice it, Sergei is an exciting fighter and deserving challenger. Nicolai Valuev has had some solid wins in the heavyweight division and created a big following with his freakish 7 foot 340lb frame. Having lost his title to an undefeated heavy handed Chagaev is nothing to be ashamed of especially considering the fight was close.

David Diaz vs. Joel Casamayor: Since David Diaz is holding Joel Casamayor’s title but did not defeat the linear lightweight champion, how about having the two lightweights no one wants to fight have at each other. David Diaz has an easy on the eyes boxer puncher style and has proven himself worthy of a big fight with his win over the faded Morales. Although holding no belts, Casamayor is the lightweight champion and although he struggled against Santa Cruz, boxing fans and insiders alike would not expect the same performance a second time out. Let’s have the paper champion take on the real champion and see what these two lightweights are really made of.

Joan Guzman vs. Edwin Valero: The slick exciting undefeated WBO 130lb champion Joan Guzman is willing to fight anyone and he has waited a long time to get to the big stage. Now that he has arrived, there is absolutely no way he would turn down an opportunity such as this. The hard core boxing fans are clamoring to see boxing’s best knockout artist Edwin Valero take on a legitimate champion. Valero has a knockout in every single one of his 22 pro fights and fireworks are guaranteed if these two talented fighters were to ever cross paths. Hardcore fight fans would be foaming at the mouth to see this one.

Ruslan Chagaev vs. Vitali Klitschko: Is it possible for Vitali Klitschko to pull out of 6 fights in a row because of injury? Absolutely! Is it worth taking another shot at one of the best and most popular heavyweights in the world? Of course it is. After Ruslan Chagaev was forced out of his unification bout with Sultan Ibragamov because of an illness, the hard hitting “White Tyson” is dying to fight a prestigious name in a big money fight. Who better than the former WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko? Vitali has made it known that he would like to hold a heavyweight title the same time that his brother does. A fight with Chagaev would be the best opportunity for Vitali to have that chance. Klitschko-Chagaev is a legitimate title fight and a heavyweight bout the fans would love to see. Just have Jameel McCline or Hasim Rahman on stand by to step in if Klitschko gets hurt.

Mikkell Kessler vs. Lucian Bute: Although Mikkell Kessler came up short in his bid to unify the supermiddleweight division against Joe Calzaghe, the Dane put on a hell of a show never backing down. Every time Calzaghe turned up the pressure, Kessler did the same and came firing back. Bute just won the IBF 168lb title by knocking out the hard hitting Alejandro Berrio. Lucian also has a unanimous decision win over the Contender Champion Sakio Bika. With that being said, both fighters have huge followings in their hometowns and an exciting TV friendly style. Bute-Kessler would be a legitimate title fight and clearly illustrate the #2 supermiddlweight in the world.

Paulie Malignaggi vs. Junior Witter: With Ricky Hatton most likely coming back down to defend his linear 140lb championship, the rest of the division seems scattered. IBF Champion Malignaggi is clearly garnering TV interest because of his Italian American following and the way he blows out B level opponents. The Magic Man is in need of a big name win on his resume, specifically a champion. Junior Witter fits that mold perfectly. After destroying former WBA champion Vivian Harris, WBC champion Junior Witter is deserving of an American TV payday against a legitimate American champion. The winner of this fight would also be a major player for big name fights within three divisions.

David Haye vs. O’neil Bell: This fight would undoubtedly end in a knockout. The two hardest punchers in the division happen to be the undisputed cruiserweight champion and the former undisputed cruiserweight champion. David Haye is coming off of a huge knockout win over Jean Marc Mormeck that claimed the undisputed 200lb crown. It just so happens that O’neil Bell did the same thing just two years ago. Bell won the title in a slugfest against Mormeck and went down swinging while losing the title in a slugfest to Mormeck. David Haye and O’neil Bell are the biggest punchers south of the heavyweight division and both fighters create fireworks in the ring. Undisputed champion versus former undisputed champion is always a big fight and with Bell and Haye someone is getting put to sleep.

Chad Dawson vs. Mikkell Kessler: With Showtime having difficulties securing Dawson-Tarver, the heir apparent of the 175lb division needs a big time dance partner. Although Chad Dawson will most likely face Glen Johnson, the former fighter of the year is considered a journeyman by many and not the big win Chad Dawson needs to secure a spot on the P4P list or consistently demand big money paydays. Mikkell Kessler just might be the best fighter in any division that does not have Joe Calzaghe. The Dane poses a serious threat to any Lightheavyweight and would probably give Dawson a tougher fight than Antonio Tarver.

Vernon Forrest vs Joachim Alcine Since the current WBC Jr. Middleweight Champion Vernon Forrest and WBA Jr. Middleweight Champion Joachim Alcine seem to be on the same fight schedule, why not have the two champions unify. Vernon is a big name in boxing and he can’t fight another opponent like the one we saw last week. Vernon Forrest has P4P potential as well as big money big fight potential. If Forrest unified against Alcine, he would be in a position to set up a major fight. Alcine put on an impressive performance against Travis Simms, but Simms had been inactive for sometime and the boxing world might not be sold on the champions’ legitimacy. Who better to prove yourself against than a big name champion in a unification bout? Alcine may have a hand injury but that will only keep him out for about two months or so.

Editors Note: Other fights that have been mentioned by the network and writers are of course Israel Vazquez-Rafeal Marquez III, Chad Dawson-Antonio Tarver, Jeff Lacy-Antonio Tarver, Berto-Judah and Forrest-Mayorga III.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
heck im bored im gonna post my predictions on theese fights :D

Forrest vs Spinks : would problaby be a really boring fight, sometimes Forrest is really good and sometimes he sucks! Forrest would problaby win this fight but hes always a question mark, but my prediction would be Forrest UD.

Valuev vs Liachovic : Is this fight gonna headline a ppv!"!! boring :S Valuev by UD or late tko.

Diaz vs Casamayor : Casamayor sucked in his last fight, and Diaz was good so im going with Diaz by UD.

Guzman vs Valero : Now were talking, this fight would rule!! really fast and a good boxer vs a monster puncher. This fight could go either way depends on Valero connecting with his punches, but i think Guzman would come out on top with a UD.

Chagaev vs Vitali : This fight will not happen and if it will Chagaec by decision.

Kessler vs Bute : Kessler is one of my fav. fighters and he would win Ud.

Malniaggi vs Witter : I dont think Witter wil KO Pauly but the ref will stop it :D Witter by tko.

Haye vs Bell : I thought Haye was going to HW? Anyway this fight would be really good and could go either way, im gonna go with Bell by early KO i just have this feeling :D

Dawson vs Kessler : This fight would be really good!! If Dawson wins Kessler he has proven him to be for real and should be ready to enter the top p4p fighters rankings.

Forrest vs Alcine : Forrest Ud or late tko.

Most of theese fights look good, but some do not :D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dawson vs kessler and kessler vs bute fight really intrigue me, and guzman vs valero really has me excited. But the one Im most pumped for is marquez/vazquez III.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can't wait to see the two Kessler fights myself! Kessler should do well in both too...

Klitcho and Chagaev will be interesting IF it happens hehe I'd say Chagaev will get a decision over Vitali too :D

Should be an interesting year, as there is the prospect of several other top fights being made very soon too :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
both kessler fights sound interesting, a win in either will see him reach top 10 P4P.

vasquez v marquez 3, cant wait for this one!

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
mck_776 said:
Klitcho and Chagaev will be interesting IF it happens hehe I'd say Chagaev will get a decision over Vitali too :D
:D
Have you even seen this guy fight if they fight Vitali will kill him.How will this guy decision Vitali. Vitali will out box him for sure and he has much more power than the White Tyson :laugh: Guys I wish would get serious this guy has two big wins one over Valuev the 7 foot ruiz and ruiz need I say more. Vitali Ko's White Tyson inside 5 and I hope it happens. That way by the end of 2008 the Klitschko's have all 4 belts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've seen Vitali fight, and he's quite impressive!

I'd rather see Chagaev win it, so i'm pulling for him and I think he can get a decision no problem. Valuev is a lot harder hitting that Vitali, and he got a decision over him!

Valuev and Vitali would be interesting...

Would also be pretty cool if the Klitchko's managed to hold all the belts together too...

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
mck_776 said:
I've seen Vitali fight, and he's quite impressive!

I'd rather see Chagaev win it, so i'm pulling for him and I think he can get a decision no problem. Valuev is a lot harder hitting that Vitali, and he got a decision over him!

Valuev and Vitali would be interesting...

Would also be pretty cool if the Klitchko's managed to hold all the belts together too...
Dude have you seen Vitali fight he has awesome power compared to Valuev. Valuev is a freak show who has little power and an OK jab. Vitali has very good power and is a very skilled fighter. Chagaev has to KO Vitali to win and that hasn't been done. Vitali would easily out box The White Tyson. If Vitali can stay healthy which I understand is a big if he will dominate Chagaev and be a three time Champ.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd definately agree Vitali is far more skilled than Valuev! And yeah, if Vitali can make it too the ring hehe

Don't really like Valuev, but his sheer size and force would be phenomenal in the ring, and Chagaev beat him!

It could go either way, but i'm sticking with Ruslan lol

Will certainly be one of the biggest recent heavyweight bouts! Doesn't say much though... :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Vitali Rules said:
Dude have you seen Vitali fight he has awesome power compared to Valuev. Valuev is a freak show who has little power and an OK jab. Vitali has very good power and is a very skilled fighter. Chagaev has to KO Vitali to win and that hasn't been done. Vitali would easily out box The White Tyson. If Vitali can stay healthy which I understand is a big if he will dominate Chagaev and be a three time Champ.
If Vatali comes back, do you think he'll perform, speed ,reflexes,power wise, just aswell as he did in his last couple fights? I can't see that happening but wanted to hear your opinion.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
ItalianBull said:
If Vatali comes back, do you think he'll perform, speed ,reflexes,power wise, just aswell as he did in his last couple fights? I can't see that happening but wanted to hear your opinion.
We will have to see. I'm a big fan and I hope he still has all of his prior abilities. I think he will be rusty but I think he has the ability to still dominate. I think his power will be there I don't know about the speed but I think he has very good boxing skills and has KO power with both hands. I still think without his power he could probably out box all the HW's right now. But just my opinion hopefully we will get to see.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vitali will most likely never fight again, i liked how he fought and i love his fight with lennox, but i just have a feeling he's done.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah hes pulled out of his last 6 fights, and if this fight is made he will pull out no doubt, or he will not pull out, because it will look stupid and stuff, and come into the ring with a bad back and all that and also the fact he has only fought on good fighter his whole life that was Lennox Lewis wich he lost, and the second best boxer hes faced was Chris Byrd and what do you know? he lost that one too, so whyh do people think hes that good? Cause he gave Lennox a fight? Beating Danny Williams and Corrie Sanders in 16 rounds combined just is not impressive in my book.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Damn Showtime is lame. Of all of those fights the only ones that really interest me are the Kessler fights and Dawson. Vasquez-Marquez is PPV anyways.

·
Registered
808 Posts
all those fights sound good but i want to see the David Haye vs. O’neil Bell fight. And Dawson vs. Tarver , so Dawson can destroy Tarver.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
jroc81 said:
all those fights sound good but i want to see the David Haye vs. O’neil Bell fight. And Dawson vs. Tarver , so Dawson can destroy Tarver.
i can pretty much guarentee you that bell v haye wont be made, haye will be fighting at HW from now on because he's putting himself through hell to make cruiser.

im not sure bell would step up and fight him with nothing at stake either. :)

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
Brutus said:
Yeah hes pulled out of his last 6 fights, and if this fight is made he will pull out no doubt, or he will not pull out, because it will look stupid and stuff, and come into the ring with a bad back and all that and also the fact he has only fought on good fighter his whole life that was Lennox Lewis wich he lost, and the second best boxer hes faced was Chris Byrd and what do you know? he lost that one too, so whyh do people think hes that good? Cause he gave Lennox a fight? Beating Danny Williams and Corrie Sanders in 16 rounds combined just is not impressive in my book.
He was beating Lewis and Byrd on the cards but was stopped by cuts and a severe shoulder injury he fought 6 rds. with. The reason people think he is a good fighter he destroys people in the ring not just beats them. He is 6'8 240lbs with very good boxing ability power in both hands and a iron chin. put that all together what do you have a very good fighter. Hey brutus who did you want him to fight and are you sure he didn't want to fight them but they didn't want to fight him. Klitschko wanted Lewis, Lewis didn't want Vitali. Vitali begged for a rematch but Lennox retired instead of having a 25 million dollar day that tells me that Vitali is special. I know Vitali has been unlucky lately with injuries but if he does come back I know he owns two belts inside 18 months. By the middle of 2009 all belts will be held by Klitschkos.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Vitali Rules said:
He was beating Lewis and Byrd on the cards but was stopped by cuts and a severe shoulder injury he fought 6 rds. with. The reason people think he is a good fighter he destroys people in the ring not just beats them. He is 6'8 240lbs with very good boxing ability power in both hands and a iron chin. put that all together what do you have a very good fighter. Hey brutus who did you want him to fight and are you sure he didn't want to fight them but they didn't want to fight him. Klitschko wanted Lewis, Lewis didn't want Vitali. Vitali begged for a rematch but Lennox retired instead of having a 25 million dollar day that tells me that Vitali is special. I know Vitali has been unlucky lately with injuries but if he does come back I know he owns two belts inside 18 months. By the middle of 2009 all belts will be held by Klitschkos.
lewis was ko'ing him in the very next round the way that fight was going though dude and the scores were pretty close.

lewis smashed vitali to peices, great fight though.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah but my main points was that hes never beat anyone good? And when he fights somone good he gets injured and loses.

His brother has lost against some worse fighters but since then he has beaten Samuel Peter and Chris Byrd who are both better than anyone that Vitali has ever fought. And pretty much made the last guy to beat him look like a fool.

So imo Wlad>Vitali, and i doubt that Vitali will ever fight again, and if his first fight in all those years is against Chagaev he will lose.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts