Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow night on Showtime the following fights take place.

Lucian Bute-Librado Andrade

Ronald Hearns-Paul Clavette

Bergeron-Guinn (This will not be televised)

Who ya got?

I'm taking...
Bute
Hearns
Bergeron

Previously I said I would take Andrade, but the more I think about this fight the more I see Bute out-boxing him.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm Taking

Librado Andrade - should be a good fight could go either way but im leaning toward Andrade.

Ronald Hearns - Not really a fan of Hearns but he should win this fight.

Bergeron - But I will pullin for Guinn since we are both from Arkansas.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I got Hearns & Bergeron too. Andrade-Bute is going to be a close fight, i think Bute has the skill to outbox him but im not sure he can withstand Andrade's constant pressure and power. Should be a great fight.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'm still going with Andrade to find his way inside and do some heavy damage. Hearns should have a walk in the park with his opponent who has been taking off his day job as a security guard to prepare for this fight. He has no power, so I don't see him doing anything to hold off Hearns from stopping him sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I figured Andrade would TRY to get inside and punish Bute to the body, but I had no idea there was such a big disparity in the tale of the tape. Both guys stand 6'2", but Andrade has an eight inch reach advantage. I don't know if it will be a big factor, but I was just surprised to find this out.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I figured Andrade would TRY to get inside and punish Bute to the body, but I had no idea there was such a big disparity in the tale of the tape. Both guys stand 6'2", but Andrade has an eight inch reach advantage. I don't know if it will be a big factor, but I was just surprised to find this out.
yeah Andrade has real long arms.

Although, after watching his fight with Kessler again, I dont think he will win tonight.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like Andrade to win this one, but I wouldn't bet anything on it. I like his Body attack to slow Bute down as the fight wears on. I think having been in with Kessler was a great experience, and Bute's no Kessler.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I feel like Andrade has improved since the Kessler fight. Also, I'm not sure that Bute is on the same level as Kessler. Tonight should tell us for sure. If Bute is able to perform comparably to the Dane against their mutual opponent, I'd love to see those guys go up against each other.

G

·
I feel like Andrade has improved since the Kessler fight. Also, I'm not sure that Bute is on the same level as Kessler. Tonight should tell us for sure. If Bute is able to perform comparably to the Dane against their mutual opponent, I'd love to see those guys go up against each other.
I think Bute has got this but this is big reason I hope he wins. I think Kessler-Bute is the best fight to be made in the division.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts