Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you like to see Mayorga fight next?

And who do you think he realistically WILL fight next?

He said he wants Coto but personally I dont want to see that, mismatch.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud, bit late but i havent seen ya around much:thumbsup:

I think Mayorga talking about Cotto, Mayweather etc is just that, talk. Those fights are realisically never going to happen, and our mismatches in which Mayorga would be dismantled. I think the fight he will probably get is Forrest III, if Forrest defends successfully next month. Its a decent payday, a fight Mayorga will feel he can win and for a title, so there's no reason why not.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Elite said:
Who would you like to see Mayorga fight next?

And who do you think he realistically WILL fight next?

He said he wants Coto but personally I dont want to see that, mismatch.
mayorga is a match for anyone at 147 and would have a great chance against anyone there including floyd,hatton,cotto.

he's been fighting above his weight class against the best fighters in the world like tito and oscar thats why his record is patchy.

anyone who beats vernon forrest is a class act, mayorga done that twice.

i personaly think we'll see cotto v mayorga around next april at MSG. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TommyGunn said:
mayorga is a match for anyone at 147 and would have a great chance against anyone there including floyd,hatton,cotto.

he's been fighting above his weight class against the best fighters in the world like tito and oscar thats why his record is patchy.

I hope your right. It would be a war.
Defo have my money on cotto though. Hes too much for mayorga

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

Mayorga is def. my fav boxer... Just so intriguing and entertaining.. I think Forrest is going to be the next fight but it has to be for a belt because he really has nothing to prove against Vernon.

a Mayorga Trinidad rematch would be intriguing... but another hard win for Ricardo.

What about Mosley?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Im not sure if Mayorga can still make 147, i really doubt he can. If he can, then he could be a real headache for anyone down there, but i imagine 154 will be his division from now on. I think he'll fight Forrest, he has nothing to prove but he can win a WBC belt and could be the best in that division, its not very stacked.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
TommyGunn said:

Everyone was making sense while you were gone Tommy. Its good to have our craziest member back, lol. MAYORGA SUCKS! Did you watch the fight against the fatass Vargas? Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Mayweather, Oscar, Cintron, Judah, Berto and about ten more guys would walk right through Mayorga. He is flat out terrible.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Everyone was making sense while you were gone Tommy. Its good to have our craziest member back, lol. MAYORGA SUCKS! Did you watch the fight against the fatass Vargas? Cotto, Williams, Margarito, Mayweather, Oscar, Cintron, Judah, Berto and about ten more guys would walk right through Mayorga. He is flat out terrible.
shane, mayorga aint pretty to watch but he's busy, he's fast and he hits hard. as i said beating forrest is no fluke.

saying that, if a fighter doesn't have the skill of sugar ray leonard there garbage in your book. ;)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
No, Mayorga is garbage in my book. Vargas was TERRIBLE and Mayorga couldn't get rid of him or even win a UD.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
he is as a person and as a boxer ,he couldn't put away the shell of vargas just cause he beat forrest twice ,at this stage I dont see it happening 3 times

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I love watching mayorga fight. Its great imo. I think he may fight forrest the third time and then mosley will come out of retirement and want a piece of mayorga at 154 just like everyone seems to do.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
you guys are talking like vargas is chinny? just because he was stopped by the 3 best fighters of his time dont mean he had a bad chin. oscar,mosley,tito are all explosive punchers. vargas gave all 3 all they could handle.

once mayorga goes down to 147 its gonna get interesting, you just know if he ever fights floyd he's gonna call him all the **** **** under the sun telling him he dont have the balls to stand and fight with a real man.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
TysonJones said:
I love watching mayorga fight. Its great imo. I think he may fight forrest the third time and then mosley will come out of retirement and want a piece of mayorga at 154 just like everyone seems to do.
Fighting Forrest is pointless. He already kicked his azz twice.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
Fighting Forrest is pointless. He already kicked his azz twice.
vernon imo is ouzzing class, sometimes a guys just got your number though knuckle.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TommyGunn said:
you guys are talking like vargas is chinny? just because he was stopped by the 3 best fighters of his time dont mean he had a bad chin. oscar,mosley,tito are all explosive punchers. vargas gave all 3 all they could handle.

once mayorga goes down to 147 its gonna get interesting, you just know if he ever fights floyd he's gonna call him all the **** **** under the sun telling him he dont have the balls to stand and fight with a real man.
Mayorga would be floyd in 4 rounds :cool: lol
Possible

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I would like to see Mayorga vs Mayweather for one reason only! The press confrence!! can you imagine that haha.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I had mayorga vs forrest II 8 rounds to 4 for forrest at most. Floyd would stop mayorga. I love mayorga more than anyone but the truth is, good boxers like tito and oscar beat mayorga. Floyd is the wrong style for mayorga totally. It would be entertaining though. Very entertaining. From the press conference to the end of the fight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts