Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hector, I had it 6-4 Montiel. I hear there will be a 40 minute break before Solis.
If Montiel was better conditioned, he'd knocked him out, showed some good boxing skills too and he does a ton with that left. Topo had a great chin though, those punches knock out most at 115 and dude never even looked hurt. I didn't score the fight, but it wouldn't have been 6-4, 8-2 at the least. He didn't look that good tonight, but I'd bet on him against Mijares and Darchinyan, Donaire and him is a toss up right now.

Solis looked ok, dude complains too much for me though. He has a great jab that sets up everything, but he needs to use it more, he could have ended it if he used it more, especially after the knockdowns. As of right ow, I'm not convinced he beats Calderon.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
If Montiel has the balls to fight Darchinyan, he gets beat and Vic completely unifies the divison. Montiel has been too inconsistent fighting up or down to the level of his competition. He might have survived the war with Melendez and tough bouts with Rosas and Posuwan, but he want be able to take the heat Vic would apply to him. He isn't anything like the faded versions of Martin Castillo or Luis Maldonado that Montiel looked so impressive in dominating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts