Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a welcome subject. But I'm sorry. I have to ask. Why was Violent Demise banned? I mean I'm trying to find a thread where he got out of line or maybe disagreed to much with somebody. But I can't. I know he and goldenbhoy had a disagreement in the Don't Drink and Drive thread. But I don't think it was for that. They seemed to handle it pretty good. I texted him for an answer. He said he didn't know why. He got no warning. No infraction. No nothing. Just a ban.

What is going on in this forum?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
5 point infraction for editing over a moderators post. Just leave it at that. His ban will be up in 5 days I think. Shane might reverse it. I think I handled it properly. If we can speak calmly on this I'll leave the thread open. If not, it will be closed.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
There was a thread on Topic where Icantbox edited his comment.. I guess it was on the most pleasing fights topic.. not sure though.. Cant remember anything else...

You know I have no idea of whats happenning right now and what happened around here.. But I guess its not my business

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a thread on Topic where Icantbox edited his comment.. I guess it was on the most pleasing fights topic.. not sure though.. Cant remember anything else...

You know I have no idea of whats happenning right now and what happened around here.. But I guess its not my business
What happened to warnings? Infractions?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
What happened to warnings? Infractions?
Infractions are based on a point system. I can't remember exactly how the system works but the 5 points resulted in a ban. It's jsut a temp ban. He can come back as soon as it's up. We need to keep the talk of how and why to a minimum because it jsut causes crap.

For everyone to understand the infraction he used a covered expletive directed at a certain group. I initially wrote him a PM telling him to not do that and told him I had edited it and he went back and edited over it. If he would have just accepted it and said "OK, I'll try to avoid that next time" all would have been cool. He edited back over it and you CAN"T EDIT OVER A MODERATORS CHANGES. PERIOD. That is why he got a 5 point infraction.

To let you know I am without Bias I have given CJ an infraction, VD an infraction and banned one of Tommy's alts.

End of discussion. I probably made this more public than I should have already.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Infractions are based on a point system. I can't remember exactly how the system works but the 5 points resulted in a ban. It's jsut a temp ban. He can come back as soon as it's up. We need to keep the talk of how and why to a minimum because it jsut causes crap.

For everyone to understand the infraction he used a covered expletive directed at a certain group. I initially wrote him a PM telling him to not do that and told him I had edited it and he went back and edited over it. If he would have just accepted it and said "OK, I'll try to avoid that next time" all would have been cool. He edited back over it and you CAN"T EDIT OVER A MODERATORS CHANGES. PERIOD. That is why he got a 5 point infraction.

To let you know I am without Bias I have given CJ an infraction, VD an infraction and banned one of Tommy's alts.

End of discussion. I probably made this more public than I should have already.
The comment was not that bad at all. Why was it even edited? It's something he's said several times before. Why make an issue of it now?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The comment was not that bad at all. Why was it even edited? It's something he's said several times before. Why make an issue of it now?
It's seems like everything is getting edited now. What's up with that? I find it funny that some one who prides himself on being a smart ass would be like that.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
It's been asked of us to clean up the forum. It's gotten out of hand and is starting to fall back into place. This was nothing against VD, Gerald is a cool cat as far as I'm concerned, but he did break a key forum rule. I promise that if one of the Brits says something along those lines I will approach it the same way. I'll PM them first and tell them I've edited and if they edit over it I'll give the same infraction. This is not a Hatton bias or anything else. Just doing what was asked of me.

And for all we know it could be reveresed tomorrow. I have no issue talking about this with ya'll as long as it stays civil. You want to cuss me out, PM me and I'll jsut take it on the chin. Just keep it off the public board.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
It's seems like everything is getting edited now. What's up with that? I find it funny that some one who prides himself on being a smart ass would be like that.
YOu have to put your smartassery in the right places and make sure it's nothing that can be deemed offensive or could start a word battle that goes off topic. Haven't you guys noticed how everything gets off topic?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's been asked of us to clean up the forum. It's gotten out of hand and is starting to fall back into place. This was nothing against VD, Gerald is a cool cat as far as I'm concerned, but he did break a key forum rule. I promise that if one of the Brits says something along those lines I will approach it the same way. I'll PM them first and tell them I've edited and if they edit over it I'll give the same infraction. This is not a Hatton bias or anything else. Just doing what was asked of me.

And for all we know it could be reveresed tomorrow. I have no issue talking about this with ya'll as long as it stays civil. You want to cuss me out, PM me and I'll jsut take it on the chin. Just keep it off the public board.
I can respect that. And I respect your position. But Gerald is our friend. We know him personally. You guys know that. So we tend to back each other up. When I saw he was banned I wanted to know why. He wasn't sure. So I started this thread to find out. You gave me an answer. Do I agree with it? No. But it's done. If it gets reversed than good. If not he can do his 5 days and come back.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I can respect that. And I respect your position. But Gerald is our friend. We know him personally. You guys know that. So we tend to back each other up. When I saw he was banned I wanted to know why. He wasn't sure. So I started this thread to find out. You gave me an answer. Do I agree with it? No. But it's done. If it gets reversed than good. If not he can do his 5 days and come back.
Cool man. I can understand all points of that. And if the rest of the staff says I approached it wrong I'll straight up apologize to Gerald. I realize ya'll are boys and I enjoy the different edge ya'll give the forum. We just have to try to keep it so we can discuss and disagree but avoid the off topic bashing and such. I jsut want this forum to be accesible from people ages 8-80.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
5 days is way to long for something like that. G is one of those guys who just hates to be told to come down or be quite. Which is why he hates people editing his posts. And personally I think way to many posts are being edited. The editing has gone way, way overboard. Think about it. Your on a boxing forum and your posts are being censored. How ridicules is that?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
5 days is way to long for something like that. G is one of those guys who just hates to be told to come down or be quite. Which is why he hates people editing his posts. And personally I think way to many posts are being edited. The editing has gone way, way overboard. Think about it. Your on a boxing forum and your posts are being censored. How ridicules is that?
I think personally I've edited like 5 posts. I'm on another forum (which is not boxing related) and you can say whatever you want. Different places run different ways. As far as censoring goes, I don't think I (or any other mods) have censored a post that was making a legit point about a boxer. We're just weeding out the needless things that don't really need to be said. But that idea of doesn't need to be said is opinion only. Maybe guys think what they are saying has to be out there. I really dunno.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
We have spoke to VD about his language lately. Roger has asked of that profane words even spelled different so the censors don't get them, to be edited. This will be a clean site. Gerald was out of line, you can say F UK fighters. Thats hitting a few different warnings. And he wasnt givin an infraction right away, he was verbally warned and he ignored. Editing over staff edit is not allowed. we rarely do edit. So please stop with the whining. We have to be impartial to everyone. As much as we may like or hate VD. Wicked and Rotten, please no more comments on this or we will close the thread, talking about this is what Roger has asked us not to do. So please respect the admins choice. Just let it go, he'll be back in a few days, maybe sooner.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
We have spoke to VD about his language lately. Roger has asked of that profane words even spelled different so the censors don't get them, to be edited. This will be a clean site. Gerald was out of line, you can say F UK fighters. Thats hitting a few different warnings. And he wasnt givin an infraction right away, he was verbally warned and he ignored. Editing over staff edit is not allowed. we rarely do edit. So please stop with the whining. We have to be impartial to everyone. As much as we may like or hate VD. Wicked and Rotten, please no more comments on this or we will close the thread, talking about this is what Roger has asked us not to do. So please respect the admins choice. Just let it go, he'll be back in a few days, maybe sooner.
I agree 1000% with you Lance but doesnt it seem like its a lose lose subject now?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Yes it does Ron. I just wish we could get through to the members.
It seems to me that everyone is so worried about WHO got in trouble rather than WHY that person is in trouble. For some reason people think that they arent supposed to follow the rules. The rules just dont aply to them.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It seems to me that everyone is so worried about WHO got in trouble rather than WHY that person is in trouble. For some reason people think that they arent supposed to follow the rules. The rules just dont aply to them.
Thats exactly how it is man. To many members here are here for the drama and gossip action. If you guys want drama get married. We are here to talk boxing, let the staff do our job and leave it alone. We don't ban people for no reason. We give them every possible oppurtunity and reasonable doubt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.