Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody explain this to me?

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  SugarShane 
#1 ·
I know this is not a welcome subject. But I'm sorry. I have to ask. Why was Violent Demise banned? I mean I'm trying to find a thread where he got out of line or maybe disagreed to much with somebody. But I can't. I know he and goldenbhoy had a disagreement in the Don't Drink and Drive thread. But I don't think it was for that. They seemed to handle it pretty good. I texted him for an answer. He said he didn't know why. He got no warning. No infraction. No nothing. Just a ban.

What is going on in this forum?

#2 ·
5 point infraction for editing over a moderators post. Just leave it at that. His ban will be up in 5 days I think. Shane might reverse it. I think I handled it properly. If we can speak calmly on this I'll leave the thread open. If not, it will be closed.

#3 ·
There was a thread on Topic where Icantbox edited his comment.. I guess it was on the most pleasing fights topic.. not sure though.. Cant remember anything else...

You know I have no idea of whats happenning right now and what happened around here.. But I guess its not my business

#6 ·
Infractions are based on a point system. I can't remember exactly how the system works but the 5 points resulted in a ban. It's jsut a temp ban. He can come back as soon as it's up. We need to keep the talk of how and why to a minimum because it jsut causes crap.

For everyone to understand the infraction he used a covered expletive directed at a certain group. I initially wrote him a PM telling him to not do that and told him I had edited it and he went back and edited over it. If he would have just accepted it and said "OK, I'll try to avoid that next time" all would have been cool. He edited back over it and you CAN"T EDIT OVER A MODERATORS CHANGES. PERIOD. That is why he got a 5 point infraction.

To let you know I am without Bias I have given CJ an infraction, VD an infraction and banned one of Tommy's alts.

End of discussion. I probably made this more public than I should have already.

#14 ·
5 days is way to long for something like that. G is one of those guys who just hates to be told to come down or be quite. Which is why he hates people editing his posts. And personally I think way to many posts are being edited. The editing has gone way, way overboard. Think about it. Your on a boxing forum and your posts are being censored. How ridicules is that?

#15 ·
I think personally I've edited like 5 posts. I'm on another forum (which is not boxing related) and you can say whatever you want. Different places run different ways. As far as censoring goes, I don't think I (or any other mods) have censored a post that was making a legit point about a boxer. We're just weeding out the needless things that don't really need to be said. But that idea of doesn't need to be said is opinion only. Maybe guys think what they are saying has to be out there. I really dunno.

#16 ·
We have spoke to VD about his language lately. Roger has asked of that profane words even spelled different so the censors don't get them, to be edited. This will be a clean site. Gerald was out of line, you can say F UK fighters. Thats hitting a few different warnings. And he wasnt givin an infraction right away, he was verbally warned and he ignored. Editing over staff edit is not allowed. we rarely do edit. So please stop with the whining. We have to be impartial to everyone. As much as we may like or hate VD. Wicked and Rotten, please no more comments on this or we will close the thread, talking about this is what Roger has asked us not to do. So please respect the admins choice. Just let it go, he'll be back in a few days, maybe sooner.

#19 ·
It seems to me that everyone is so worried about WHO got in trouble rather than WHY that person is in trouble. For some reason people think that they arent supposed to follow the rules. The rules just dont aply to them.

#24 · (Edited)
Here's my take.

VD said "Fukk UK fighters." We all already know he doesn't like them. He just said it. If he had said "Fukk the UK" or "Fukk UK's citizens" I could see the problem. I don't like the Eastern European heavies, so "Fukk them."

Here's the deal guys. Yes, we are trying to clean up the site, but we can't just go around editing posts like madmen. If someone is seen using EXCESSIVE amounts of bad language send them a PM and ask them to cut it down. Like Wicked, said this is a boxing forum and cuss words are getting edited. I think we can all cut down on the cuss words a little bit and in time the place will clean itself up. There used to be vary little cussing, and then a little started until it grew and grew. We need to take that process, turn it on its head, and go backwards. Just use good judgement. None of us are babies, so we don't need a list of what you can and can't say. That would be censorship.

I've lifted C.J. Rock's ban. He's been banned for 3 days already of his 5.

About Gerald. ICANTBOX was doing his "job." He saw something that looked offensive and cleaned it up. No problem there. As far as I'm concerned ICB acted correctly. I don't think ICB intended to ban Gerald, he was just giving the proper infraction which caused a ban based on prior infractions. Editing over a moderator's edit will NOT be tolerated! I've told Gerald that doing this will result in a longer ban if it happens again. I've spoken to Gerald and he said he'll cut that out. He's been banned a day, and I he said he knows why now. I'm going to lift his ban with the understanding that he's gotta chill out. The automatic 5 day ban is harsh in some situations. This is one of them. I am in no way saying Gerald was right. This is a judgment call on my part.

C.J. Rock and Violent Demise are both having their bans lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.