Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have any techniques in landing the jab on a southpaw? Other than the obvious perry/paw and fire, I have trouble landing the damn thing and the right hand as a jab is quiet tough for me to work off of.

I pretty much work behind my jab and like to throw it below the vision field, in a typhoon fashion, but it doesn't work well with southpaws.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Hey does anyone have any techniques in landing the jab on a southpaw? Other than the obvious perry/paw and fire, I have trouble landing the damn thing and the right hand as a jab is quiet tough for me to work off of.

I pretty much work behind my jab and like to throw it below the vision field, in a typhoon fashion, but it doesn't work well with southpaws.
Lead with the right lol. You can still jab to the body but you're gonna be exposed to right hands.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
The only asset that would improve the chances of landing jabs on a southpaw is greesy lighting speed, I mean your jab has to be faster than the blink of an eye, plain and simple it has to land before the opponent can react, they way I trow my jab is I think of it as a whip nice and loose and I whip it out there, loose than you tighten at the last microsecond, like ANDRE BERTO or use a distraction step on his foot, shake your other hand like JEFF CHANDLER, keep your jab hand a little extended so it doesn't have to travel far, look at his eyes if he so much as glances in another direction .....POW

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jabbing to the body and lead rights work, but don't lead to much else. Actually, the best luck I have had to landing combinations is a right hook, which is totally against every rule in the book. I guess it's my "good" punch cuz that thing connects on everyone. I just want to be able to land more than one pitter-pat at a time, you know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts