Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

My first post here. I'm looking to install an adjustable speed bag mount in my home gym, and basically wondering about a couple of models. The ones I'm looking at are

Title TITLE Heavy-Duty Professional Speed Bag Platform from Title Boxing

Everlast Deluxe Adjustable Speed Bag Platform

http://www.primefighter.com/cgi-bin/PowerShopper.cgi/Site/Item-3.html?X+Dispatcher+1163956531+ItemID=5+1222903959

Now some of those are obviously nicer, but I don't want fancy, I just want good (and adjustable). The Title one is the cheapest, but will it vibrate a lot? Or will it be just fine. Or is there any real reason to spend more money on either of the others?

Also, I'd love a recommendation for a good swivel if the one on there isn't great.

I'm not a boxer, but I do have to train heavily for both armed and unarmed fighting, and I like speed bag training as part of that. (Just like fighting, it ain't that easy to hold a 9 pound rifle or 3 pound handgun on target for long periods, and I've found speed bag helps a lot in my training cycles). Within those conditions, that's what I'm looking for. Not trying to be a pro-boxer here, just add to other training cycles. So good enough is well...good enough.

So is the Title OK for me or should I blow out the money for the expensive stuff? What are the downsides to it?

Thanks for any help.

N

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have the title one in your link. It's the best cheapest platform I've ever seen or used. No vibration, very sturdy as long as you mount it properly. No need to even look at the other one's, mainly because the prices are rediculus and haven't dropped a cent in the last 5 years. As for the swivel, I swear by this one, it's the best swivel your gonna be able to find. It will isolate the direction your hitting it in allowing you to improve on form as well as speed and efficiency. Any other swivel is garbage imo, and I've had them all:). Good luck.

Everlast Top Professional Swivel from Title Boxing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Training is formal training, handgun and carbine operator kind of stuff. The rifle is a Colt LE-6920 with Daniel Defense freefloat up front, Magpul stock and grip, LaRue vertical foregrip, Surefire light, Troy rear site, Aimpoint CompM4S non-parallax optic in Larue mount for co-witness. Handgun is an Ed Brown 1911.

Thanks for all the help on this stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts