Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm buying a used punching bag from a local tomorrow morning. I would like to buy a speed bag setup (bag with the platform) along with some gloves for both bags. Can I use the same size gloves for the punching bag and speed bag?

I was looking around and found a kit. The everlast 6 piece speed bag set.

What are your thoughts on this? It's $50.

Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm buying a used punching bag from a local tomorrow morning. I would like to buy a speed bag setup (bag with the platform) along with some gloves for both bags. Can I use the same size gloves for the punching bag and speed bag?

I was looking around and found a kit. The everlast 6 piece speed bag set.

What are your thoughts on this? It's $50.

Thanks
???The only thing you would wear with the speed bag is your wraps or the weighted gloves your package comes with. You don't use boxing gloves on the speed bag. The platform your buying is going to be the cheapest you can get, but it won't last you long at all, especially when you start hitting the speed bag right. I also recommend you upgrade to a better swivel, because that one is trash and will limit the movement of the bag.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I picked up my bag and the guy gave me his gloves so I might not need them. I may have wraps around somewhere as well. Do you have any recommendations for a good speed bag with the good swivel and platform for a decent price? No point of wasting cash on what I linked if its going to fall apart on me.

Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts