Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Spend Abazi vs. Robert Guerrero Fight Discussion

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kodanshi 
#1 ·
Spend Abazi vs. Robert Guerrero
(IBF Featherweight Championship)

Friday, February 23 2007
Falconer Center, Copenhagen, Denmark

The Spend Abazi, 25-1, vs Robert "the Ghost" Guerrero, 19-2-1, fight for the vacant IBF title has now been announced for February 23 and will take place at the Falconercenter in Copenhagen. For Abazi it´s the biggest fight of his career. He has previously held the EBU title at bantamweight and beat the likes of Alexandre Yagupov, Dmitry Kirilov and Lehlongo Ledwaba.

#5 ·
Not televised

Hey everyone, Im really excited about this fight coming up. I'm from Gilroy, Ca, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero's home town. I found out in the newspaper that they won't be broadcasting the fight in the US but hopefully there will be some alternative to this.

#8 ·
Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (20-2-1, 13 KOs) regained the IBF featherweight title with a ninth round TKO of Spend Abazi (35-2, 10 KOs) on Friday night at the Falconer Center in Copenhagen, Denmark. Abazi was floored by Guerrero in rounds three and five and the bout was stopped by the ring doctor at the beginning of round nine due to a cut and bleeding from Abazi's mouth. Scores were 77-73, 79-71, 78-72 at the time of the stoppage

from fightnews

#9 ·
BOXINGNEWS had a lengthier article in its previous issue with a review of that fight, including 3 pictures: 2 during the match, and one post fight. One of them a particularly neat action shot.

I would liked to have seen this. I wonder if anyone has upped this to youtube…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.