Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sports Nut

Katsidis wins war with Amonsot

In an all-out war, WBO interim lightweight champion Michael Katsidis (23-0, 20 KOs) kept his crown with a gruelling 12-round unanimous decision over Czar Amonsot (18-3-1, 10 KOs)
Both men showed enormous heart, Amonsot climbing from the canvas twice and ``Rocky'' Katsidis brawling through a sea of blood as his face balooned from dep cuts and bruises

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
larios got beat down mate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am a new Kastidis fan! Man that guy has the heart of a lion. He was cut on his eye from two different places, not to mention the other cut under the eye on his cheek, and still managed to drop amonsot twice. This guy is a better version of gatti, wow. This was a very good card over all, but a little disappointed about the main event.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
K.O. Power said:
I am a new Kastidis fan! Man that guy has the heart of a lion. He was cut on his eye from two different places, not to mention the other cut under the eye on his cheek, and still managed to drop amonsot twice. This guy is a better version of gatti, wow. This was a very good card over all, but a little disappointed about the main event.
its looking like juan diaz next for katsidis, i think juan takes him to bits though.

but hell yeah!!!! the new gatti has arived. :thumbsup:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
K.O. Power said:
I was thinking the same thing tonight. Katsidis is very exciting and has alot of heart. This was a terrific fight! He has a little ways to go before I agree with you about the Gatti statement, but he is special, for sure.

·
Registered
96 Posts
tommygunn said:
its looking like juan diaz next for katsidis, i think juan takes him to bits though.

but hell yeah!!!! the new gatti has arived. :thumbsup:
Juan baby bull diaz is a good fighter, but I can assure you that his power is very limited. He tries to throw punches with authority but they dont have much effect. Or the guys who he fights all have iron chins. Which is highly unlikely. Kastidis will take him I think. But it would be a fight of the year candidate.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I wasnt impressed with Katsidis at all. Yes, he showed good heart but as far as boxing ability goes he showed nothing. A good boxer at 135 outboxes him all night IMO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
I wasnt impressed with Katsidis at all. Yes, he showed good heart but as far as boxing ability goes he showed nothing. A good boxer at 135 outboxes him all night IMO.
i totaly agree LL, he does have the power and heart to make those fights wars though.

great value for money. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tommygunn said:
i totaly agree LL, he does have the power and heart to make those fights wars though.

great value for money. :thumbsup:
Yeh he'll be entertaining, and if he can turn all his fights into wars he has a great chance. But i see a high quality boxer showing him up. Luckily for him, i dont see many at 135 with the ability to do that to him.

Id also be a little worried on the cuts front, he seemed to cut up pretty easily. I imagine a few fights could have been stopped with cuts like that.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Yeh he'll be entertaining, and if he can turn all his fights into wars he has a great chance. But i see a high quality boxer showing him up. Luckily for him, i dont see many at 135 with the ability to do that to him.

Id also be a little worried on the cuts front, he seemed to cut up pretty easily. I imagine a few fights could have been stopped with cuts like that.
id pick both casamayor and juan diaz to beat him, guzman is another i think will handle him after the move up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hmmm , So many Katsidis critics ....
I think you will be suprised at how far this little warrior will go .
I havent seen the last fight , but I can assure you I have seen many of Katsidis's fights and he doesnt cut up easy . He musnt have fought well if you were saying he hasnt got the boxing ability to beat Guzman , Diaz and co . This guy will test any boxers chin , for starters . Maybe the cut eyes put him off a bit , but in his previous fight with Earl his accuracy , speed and workrate was incredible. Amonsot is no slouch either so I think you guys are not giving him enough credit.
Anyway enough said, lets just wait and see what the future brings for Michael . I am banking on him going along way and defeating everyone in his path for at least the next 2 years . It will be interesting .
cheers

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
Hmmm , So many Katsidis critics ....
I think you will be suprised at how far this little warrior will go .
I havent seen the last fight , but I can assure you I have seen many of Katsidis's fights and he doesnt cut up easy . He musnt have fought well if you were saying he hasnt got the boxing ability to beat Guzman , Diaz and co . This guy will test any boxers chin , for starters . Maybe the cut eyes put him off a bit , but in his previous fight with Earl his accuracy , speed and workrate was incredible. Amonsot is no slouch either so I think you guys are not giving him enough credit.
Anyway enough said, lets just wait and see what the future brings for Michael . I am banking on him going along way and defeating everyone in his path for at least the next 2 years . It will be interesting .
cheers
No doubt hes a little warrior, with a very good heart/chin and awesome power. But i do question how he would handle the very best, i mean Amonsot was good but not top 10 in the division, and he made Katsidis look abit wild at times. I think he would be beat at the top level.

·
Registered
142 Posts
OK ..we will see , hopefully Guzman will be the next victim , it is a pity he pulled out before . All we can do is wait and see ... The only thing that I can see that is a problem with Katsidis is his actual amount of rounds fought as a pro . The amount of KO's he has produced has cut down his rounds quite considerably . Alot of them were in early rounds so ... we will see ...
If you are wondering where his power comes from , check out his training schedule on his web-site ...pretty impressive workout ... www.katsidis.com
Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
If kastidis wasnt cut that bad, he knocks out amonsot. The cuts were really bad and he had to play it a little safe to not get the fight stopped, but still managed to make it a war. By the way...is it just me or does kastidis look like brad pitt? Maybe thats why he came in dressed as a soldier from troy!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol dont know, i thought he came dressed as that cause hes Michael 'The Great' Katsidis, like alexander the great or whatever, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
142 Posts
K.O. Power said:
If kastidis wasnt cut that bad, he knocks out amonsot. The cuts were really bad and he had to play it a little safe to not get the fight stopped, but still managed to make it a war. By the way...is it just me or does kastidis look like brad pitt? Maybe thats why he came in dressed as a soldier from troy!
Hahaha ...I think he looks a Bit like Brad Pitt after a few floggings in Fightclub ...he he he
The reason he wears the Spartan headgear is his father is Greek and he actually comes from the same village as Achilles. So that maybe where the true warrior in him comes from . Then again where he is from in Queensland , Australia is a pretty tough place ... you need to be a warrior to just go to the pub ... pretty harsh area . Not a place for the weak or faint hearted . Born very tough around there . In that area just going Pig hunting doesnt involve a rifle .. you take a couple of dogs and a Bayonet or large knife that would make Crocodile Dundee cringe and when the dogs get hold of them pounce on them driving the knife through the shoulder blades through the heart or under the ribcage into the heart . We are talkig pigs of 150kgs ( 330pounds) to 250kgs (550 pounds) with razor sharp tusks that can cut through bone very easily.
That is just a little insight into what you do for fun there .
Anyway got off track , but Achilles village thats why the head gear .
Great family history for a fighter !
cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
Hahaha ...I think he looks a Bit like Brad Pitt after a few floggings in Fightclub ...he he he
The reason he wears the Spartan headgear is his father is Greek and he actually comes from the same village as Achilles. So that maybe where the true warrior in him comes from . Then again where he is from in Queensland , Australia is a pretty tough place ... you need to be a warrior to just go to the pub ... pretty harsh area . Not a place for the weak or faint hearted . Born very tough around there . In that area just going Pig hunting doesnt involve a rifle .. you take a couple of dogs and a Bayonet or large knife that would make Crocodile Dundee cringe and when the dogs get hold of them pounce on them driving the knife through the shoulder blades through the heart or under the ribcage into the heart . We are talkig pigs of 150kgs ( 330pounds) to 250kgs (550 pounds) with razor sharp tusks that can cut through bone very easily.
That is just a little insight into what you do for fun there .
Anyway got off track , but Achilles village thats why the head gear .
Great family history for a fighter !
cheers
Ya I herd the announcers talk about that. That is kind of ironic though. The fact that he is from the same town as achilles and looks like brad pit(who played the role in troy) I wonder who will be his hector? Oh BTW...I just read in that other thread amonsot had bleading to the brain and will not box again...pretty sad.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He might box again, but most likely not. Its sad, he had such a good chin to take those punches i kinda wish hed have just gone down now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
K.O. Power said:
Ya I herd the announcers talk about that. That is kind of ironic though. The fact that he is from the same town as achilles and looks like brad pit(who played the role in troy) I wonder who will be his hector? Oh BTW...I just read in that other thread amonsot had bleading to the brain and will not box again...pretty sad.
Amonsot never to box again ! ,bleeding of the brain ! wow that is very sad , that is the worst possible way for a Boxer to finish up his career . Hopefully it just stops him boxing and nothing else .I have known two very good up and coming Muay Thai fighters that had to give up Kickboxing from the same injury , very sad they were both young and very very good with huge futures.
I hope this does not affect Katsidis too much , things like that can have some real strong affects mentally on the opposition aswell .
Oh well it is a risk with boxing , and I am sure Amonsot realized that is a possibility as all boxers should .All the best to him and his future , whatever that may hold now .... damn that is sad !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts