Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In case some of you are not seing the fight and wish to know the outcome, and for those who want to talk about the outcome and the fight in general

fight is over...

judge 1 ...118-109
judge 2 ...117-110
judge 3 ...117-110

All for Dawson.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Watched the entire fight...tarver just got clowned and this only proves my theory even more; Tarver doesn't throw big punches in fact...he doesn't really punch at all in the middle of the ring. He draws you to the ropes where he does most of his big punching. That was the key to the fight. Dawson landed at will in the middle of the ring and there nothing that Tarver could do...NOTHING. Dawson is definitely the best the LHW division has to offer, and it definitely helps that he's the youngest of the elite in the division. I still think Glen beat him when they fought and I hope to see a rematch between the two. Glen would give anyone a hard time and I want to see Dawson cleanly defeat Glen.

:thumbsup: Bigups to Dawson...he won this fight by a landslide. :thumbsup:

Hopefully Tarver will be humbled by this fight and not run his big lips like he did in the past

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
My boy Chad won the fight. I only gave Tarver 2 rounds, and one he got knocked down in making the round still in Chad's favor. A case could be made he won one more round than this, but that's as far as it goes. I been tellin yall Chad is the best. LH division has been hold hostage by old men, young boy adds one more name to his list.

Knocked off so far:

1) Glen Johnson
2) Antonio Tarver

Next on the list:

Roy Jones Jr.
Bernard Hopkins
Joe Calzaghe

And when he's ready to step up, Kelly Pavlik.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
My boy Chad won the fight. I only gave Tarver 2 rounds, and one he got knocked down in making the round still in Chad's favor. A case could be made he won one more round than this, but that's as far as it goes. I been tellin yall Chad is the best. LH division has been hold hostage by old men, young boy adds one more name to his list.

Knocked off so far:

1) Glen Johnson
2) Antonio Tarver

Next on the list:

Roy Jones Jr.
Bernard Hopkins
Joe Calzaghe

And when he's ready to step up, Kelly Pavlik.
I think the majority had Dawson winning this fight. But I agree, he is the future of this division. Dawson won't due justice in beating RJ or B-Hop now...there are just simply not as good as they once were. He'd get stomped by both in their prime. I always thought Dawson would beat Calzaghe just because he can match Cal in every physical category. And it doesn't help Cal that Dawson has more power and is taller and also being a counterpuncher...Dawson=duckme in Cal's eyes. Dawson would just outclass Cal. I think Dawson would beat RJ but B-Hop would be a different story...where RJ used to lean on his athletic talents and mobility...B-Hop relied on tactics and strategy. Dawson can easily be outclassed and I think B-Hop would be the perfect guy to do it. Dawson wouldn't hurt B-Hop but B-Hop could hurt Dawson (if he lands something flush). I hope after B-Hop fights Pav...he fights Dawson. I need to see RJ in the Cal fight to see if he can beat Dawson or not though...as of now...I'm going to say no...but we'll see

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I'm hoping B-Hop and Roy both win. I'm however not as confident as I was with predicting the outcome of this fight.

If Hopkins beats Pavlik then Dawson will have problems with him, but will still win and in more convincing of a fashion than Jermain Taylor or Calzaghe.

If Roy beats Calzaghe then we're in for a hell of a flashy fight between him and Chad. It's definitely a PPV buy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Bad Chad is the F'ing man!!

Very impressed with his performane and as an RJ fan. Thank you Chad for showing what a prime jones would of done to Tarver.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Tarver is the best light heavyweight in the world today. I've not seen anything from any other fighter that would lead me to conclude otherwise.

I thought it was pretty cool that Floyd Jr. was talking Dawson up during the fight and had given him a pep talk prior to the opening bell.
You mean Dawson right?

I thought it was pretty cool as well.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Dawson is the best light heavyweight in the world today. I've not seen anything from any other fighter that would lead me to conclude otherwise.

I thought it was pretty cool that Floyd Jr. was talking Dawson up during the fight and had given him a pep talk prior to the opening bell.
He said he was the best lb for lb in the world too. :thumbsup:

Talent recognizes talent.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts

Very impressed with his performane and as an RJ fan. Thank you Chad for showing what a prime jones would of done to Tarver.
LOL You are dead on with that :thumbsup:

In fact, we can easily say that RJ had more power in his punches so a stoppage or a couple of knockdowns wouldn't be out of the question. Tarver simply can't deal with large volume of punches in the middle of the ring...he has no answers for it.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts

That's a real bold statement but I really have no problem with it...even though I always believed Tarver was a one dimensional counter puncher. Even though Glen gave Dawson problems...Glen would give most LHWs problems as well so its all relative. Dawson has the ability to be the best fighter in the world but like everyone else, he has to go out and prove it by beating the best. He's definitely the best LHW in the divison...but I want to see him CLEAN OUT the division like a B-Hop, RJ, and Calzaghe did (even though the SMW division was the weakest division in boxing history other than the current state of the HW division). I'm proud of dawson tonight though...he let his gloves do the talking and that's what a true warrior goes about his ways.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

I'd say Dawson is pound for pound the most gifted current boxer right now.

In fact, we can easily say that RJ had more power in his punches so a stoppage or a couple of knockdowns wouldn't be out of the question. Tarver simply can't deal with large volume of punches in the middle of the ring...he has no answers for it.
Prime RJ would of knocked Tarver out. Agreed. That said, Dawson looked terrific against a decent but over the hill tarver.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

It may not be fair to compare a younger than prime Dawson performance over an old Tarver to a prime Jones performance against a prime Tarver.

Keep in mind Tarver knew Jones from the amateurs...he had the text book on the guy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It may not be fair to compare a younger than prime Dawson performance over an old Tarver to a prime Jones performance against a prime Tarver.

Keep in mind Tarver knew Jones from the amateurs...he had the text book on the guy.
Dawson still beat a very game Tarver. And looked great doing so. Not many have done that. He beat him worse than anyone has.

I know all about Tarver and Jones. Just saying, Jones was no where near what he used to be when he faught tarver on any of the three occassions. And as much as I like Chad, He doesn't even touch prime RJ. Prime Jones clowns ANY version of Tarver. Fukk the book.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Dawson still beat a very game Tarver. And looked great doing so. Not many have done that. He beat him worse than anyone has.

I know all about Tarver and Jones. Just saying, Jones was no where near what he used to be when he faught tarver on any of the three occassions. And as much as I like Chad, He doesn't even touch prime RJ. Prime Jones clowns ANY version of Tarver. Fukk the book.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.