Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone didn't show up tonight... This guy was a lb for lb top guy?

Addition: He just got KTFOed....that's the last time I listen you guys hype a fighter I never followed and bet on him as a sure thing -_-

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He looked terrible tonight. I don't think he took Vic seriously, and he didn't react well to getting pummelled. I only had Mijares winning 2 rounds. Darchinyan still sucks to me. I'm off to watching Donaire now.

G

·
This is a spoiler thread. The title should say so..... Since theres no going back now, I'll answer. I don't think Mijares was exposed. i think he came in cocky and he underestimtaed Vic's power. Great fight.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
He couldn't take Darchinyan's punches. He's a great boxer but when he he felt that devastating power he just froze. Props to Darchinyan but now Donaire is the man below 118. They need to have a rematch ASAP.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He couldn't take Darchinyan's punches. He's a great boxer but when he he felt that devastating power he just froze. Props to Darchinyan but now Donaire is the man below 118. They need to have a rematch ASAP.
Donaire is a much smoother boxer than Mijares, I see him beating Vic again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mijares was exposed. A top pound-for-pound guy doesn't get the kind of ass-kicking that he received from somebody who is supposed to be an underdog. I don't know how people were giving Mijares two rounds...the best I could do was score the seventh round even. Mijares started off that round well and Darchinyan looked tired, but by the end of the round Darchinyan was raking Mijares with lefts, as he was all night long.

But, give Darchinyan credit. He fought a great fight.

G

·
What the fukk happened to Mijares? He looked a shell of his usual self but he still showed alot of heart because it looked like he was going to get blown out early. He clearly couldn't deal with Vic's power. That was a beating.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Honestly, and you can ask Shane for confirmation but I had Vic winning this fight from the get go. Vbookie proves this as well. This is why.

1. Mijares got so much hype imo after beating arce. Well who the fukk is arce? Nothing but another over hyped brawler. Sure he's exciting, but he's not that good.

2. Vic has mastered his awkward style. He's mastered it. Even the best skilled boxers have trouble with guys who have mastered an awkward style.

3. Mijares chin has looked suspect ( to me ) lately. Vic is a devastating puncher. It seriously changes a fight in no time.

4. Vic was so dehydrated against donaire. It was also just one of those devastating shots. Donaire on top of that, imo, is better than mijares. Vic is also very underrated by most. Very hated on as well. This tends to blind people. Don't let it. Much like Prince naseem hamed. Although, mijares is no Marco Antonio Barrera.

5. Defense! Defense! Defense! Yes, Vic has one, and it's superb. Very hard to hit him clean now. Plus Mijares has no power. Trying to beat Vic with no power is going to be extremely tough.

Now you ask, do I think Mijares was exposed? No, he was just beaten by a better fighter tonight. Whatever the reason may be, took him lightly, wasn't focused, weight drained, no matter what it may be. He got knocked out by a real force at 115-118 pounds. You can hate on vic all you want guys, but he shut most of your mouths tonight.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Honestly, and you can ask Shane for confirmation but I had Vic winning this fight from the get go. Vbookie proves this as well. This is why.

1. Mijares got so much hype imo after beating arce. Well who the fukk is arce? Nothing but another over hyped brawler. Sure he's exciting, but he's not that good.

2. Vic has mastered his awkward style. He's mastered it. Even the best skilled boxers have trouble with guys who have mastered an awkward style.

3. Mijares chin has looked suspect ( to me ) lately. Vic is a devastating puncher. It seriously changes a fight in no time.

4. Vic was so dehydrated against donaire. It was also just one of those devastating shots. Donaire on top of that, imo, is better than mijares. Vic is also very underrated by most. Very hated on as well. This tends to blind people. Don't let it. Much like Prince naseem hamed. Although, mijares is no Marco Antonio Barrera.

5. Defense! Defense! Defense! Yes, Vic has one, and it's superb. Very hard to hit him clean now. Plus Mijares has no power. Trying to beat Vic with no power is going to be extremely tough.

Now you ask, do I think Mijares was exposed? No, he was just beaten by a better fighter tonight. Whatever the reason may be, took him lightly, wasn't focused, weight drained, no matter what it may be. He got knocked out by a real force at 115-118 pounds. You can hate on vic all you want guys, but he shut most of your mouths tonight.
I agree with all this 100 percent.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hadn't seen either of these guys fight before i youtubed them today, I don't really watch boxing below Super Featherweight unless someone is the real deal. I picked it up tonight expecting to see this in Mijares, didn't work out...

I'm going back to sticking to 130+....

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

The question wasn't towards you, it was to Obama and crawjo, since they said Mijares was exposed. Like you said he wasn't exposed he was just beaten by a better stronger fighter and a couple of other reasons that I wanted to see if they could point out what he was exposed of since they throw the word around.

Good prediction though, ish was a surprise to me. Vic was relentless.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
The question wasn't towards you, it was to Obama and crawjo, since they said Mijares was exposed. Like you said he wasn't exposed he was just beaten by a better stronger fighter and a couple of other reasons that I wanted to see if they could point out what he was exposed of since they throw the word around.
To be honest, I dont care WHO the question was too. It was a question. It was answered. They can still answer. But thanks lol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts