Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a highly charged König-Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, Germany, WBA middlewieght champion Felix Sturm (31-2-1, 13 KOs) gave the most impressive performance of his career as he punished mandatory challenger "Hurricane" Sebastian Sylvester (29-3, 14 KOs) for twelve rounds on Saturday night. The back and forth action was excellent from the opening bell, but it was Sturm who brought the fight to Sylvester. Sturm slowly gained the advantage as he kept a stiff jab in Sylvester's face and outboxed his countryman. The bout became more one-sided as the bout progressed. In the end, Sturm prevailed 118-110, 118-110, 119-109.

WBO junior middleweight champion Sergiy Dzinziruk (36-0, 22 KOs) remained unbeaten and retained his world title for the fifth time with a unanimous decision over Joel Julio (34-2, 31 KOs). Source: Boxing News 24 hours/day -- the #1 resource in boxing -- following Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray, Oscar De La Hoya and all your boxing favorites

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That fight was tape delayed and is being showed after the main event, so the only people that know the scores were at the arena. Probably coming out around 7

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I knew Julio was gonna get exposed by a decent boxer after he barely beat Ishe Smith. Smith was the better fighter but his dumbass thought it was enough to land 10 punches a round.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew Julio was gonna get exposed by a decent boxer after he barely beat Ishe Smith. Smith was the better fighter but his dumbass thought it was enough to land 10 punches a round.
You seen Ishe's fights before, he makes Tua look like Margarito. I bet (points) on both the underdogs, hoping they could get lucky. Now to recoup losses with Mijares.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
How you figure he was "exposed" if you didnt even see the fight? The scores havent even been posted, for all we know it coulve been a close fight and since its in Germany he lost, or maybe he did get owned but I'll determine the facts after I see the fight.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You seen Ishe's fights before, he makes Tua look like Margarito. I bet (points) on both the underdogs, hoping they could get lucky. Now to recoup losses with Mijares.
:laugh: Damn right. This knucklehead could be an excellent fighter if he started going to work.

How you figure he was "exposed" if you didnt even see the fight? The scores havent even been posted, for all we know it coulve been a close fight and since its in Germany he lost, or maybe he did get owned but I'll determine the facts after I see the fight.
You're right I haven't seen the fight but I knew Julio was gonna lose sooner than later after watching his previous outings. He just ain't that good IMO.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He didnt' get exposed. He lost. That simple.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I picked Sergei to win and he did. It was written all over it that Julio made a poor choice to fight a southpaw in his homecourt Germany.

It wasnt even controversial, Julio lost the bout. Like I said before, hes not that good.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Julio made a very poor choice in taking that fight against a potentially tougher opponent, on that fighter's turf, off the major networks, and for less money. That being said, the fight he turned down was the one Alex Bunema ended up taking against the surprising Sergio Martinez. That fight may have been much less competitive, but at least he would have gotten paid a bit more and appeared on HBO.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Julio made a very poor choice in taking that fight against a potentially tougher opponent, on that fighter's turf, off the major networks, and for less money. That being said, the fight he turned down was the one Alex Bunema ended up taking against the surprising Sergio Martinez. That fight may have been much less competitive, but at least he would have gotten paid a bit more and appeared on HBO.
Exactly. At least he could've tried to put on a good show losing to Martinez.

Right now, the road is tough for him. Maybe he should consider fighting Sechew Powell in a battle of desperate losers

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think he's overrated. Ishe Smith should be fighting on HBO especially after that fight against Wolak.
Ishe is very good but they dont know whether hes gonna perform well like he did with Wolak or throw 10 punches a round like he did against wither Powell or Julio

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I think he's overrated. Ishe Smith should be fighting on HBO especially after that fight against Wolak.
Julio was overrated. I don't know that he is any longer, though. Dan Rafael led that charge back in '05 by naming him prospect of the year and building him up to be more than he was. Ishe Smith is "avert your eyes" TV. At least Julio can bang and is entertaining.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Ishe is very good but they dont know whether hes gonna perform well like he did with Wolak or throw 10 punches a round like he did against wither Powell or Julio
Good point. You never know which Ishe will show up.

Julio was overrated. I don't know that he is any longer, though. Dan Rafael led that charge back in '05 by naming him prospect of the year and building him up to be more than he was. Ishe Smith is "avert your eyes" TV. At least Julio can bang and is entertaining.
Julio can bang against low level opposition but he looked far from entertaining against Ishe and that was his most credible opponent at the time (besides Quintana). He's not elite so I don't think he deserves those relatively big fights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts