Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey for the last 3 months ive been running 2km everyday just to build stamina but yesterday i thought if i run2km everyday im gonna lose weight(and i dont want that)so got any tips to build my stamina without losing weight? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
what i did after i dropped a lot of my weight to build up strenght and endurance was using an elptical machine cranking the resistance up way high, then "sprinting" as hard as you can for 30 secs, then jog for 30 secs then back to the sprint and so on untill you have gone through that 20 times... if oyu do it right youll be on the floor at the end gasping for air and after a couple weeks when you go back to just run your 2k you will think, "This is a joke..."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my problem isnt that i cant do the 2km its because i lose weight.i dont wont to lose weight. thanks anyways :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
#2 do you mean to repeat that cycle 20 times non stop? thats pretty much insane.
btw i'd like to lose some weight but the weight just doesn't go off. we do a lot of cardio during the workout( first we run about 2 kilos, then we get back to the gym and then we do some stretching and then we go into ring and work our abs and then we go to spar or to work the heavy bag, and after that we do some shadowing). i dont eat fast food & stuff, but the weight just doesnt come off, i currently weigh 71kg and my height is 178-180cm(5'9-6'0 i think). before i started boxing i weighed 86kg, but after ~3/4 months my weight became 71 and it just stands there and i feel that i need to lose more, because i can only see my upper abs...i need some tips please..

·
Registered
71 Posts
demon said:
hey for the last 3 months ive been running 2km everyday just to build stamina but yesterday i thought if i run2km everyday im gonna lose weight(and i dont want that)so got any tips to build my stamina without losing weight? thanks
Just, runing wont get you ANYWHERE! You need to simulate the activity of the actual fight. Meaning, fast burst of energy and hopefuly quick recovery. Boxing is 75% anaerobic, and 25% areobic.
Te mantain your weight you need to include some weight lifting into your routine. Once or twice a week.

·
Registered
424 Posts
as far as weight loss all you have to do is eat as many calories as you burn on your run and you wont lose weight. so lets say in a 2mile run you burn an extra 300 calories. just eat 300 more calories that day and you should be fine. you wont lose or gain weight.

as far as lossing more weight, simply cut back on your calories. if you feel you have hit a wall on hot much you can lose (but you still have fat) just diet more. for the most part you wont relaly be able to gain muscle while your dieting, but stay in the gym, and just cut yourself like 500 calories a day and you will continue to lose weight, the reason you stopped losing weight is becuase when you lose weight your body also loses the need for as many calories. So if you you are 180 pounds, lets say your body needs 2500 calories to maintain itself. so you start eating 2000 calories to lose weight. The key thing to remember is that when you lose weight, your calorie needs go down too. so after you lose some weight, lets say down to 165 pounds, your caloric needs lets say go to 2000. so if your still eating the 2000 calories you were when you were dieting at 180 pounds, you know need to lower it again. thats probably why you lost weight and now are staying about even, cuase your eating just as much. hopefully that is clear, if not feel free to ask a question, maybe i can clearify some more.

-melty

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah Meltdown is right if you want to maintain your weight you need to replace the calories you burn with complex carbs and protien meal after you are done running. 3500 calroies is euqal to one pound so if it takes 2500 calories per day to maintain and you eat 3000 per day you will gain 1 pound every week. lifting wont do anything as far as gainning weight goes.. if you arnt increasing your calories you wont gain. Doesnt mean go eat 12 big macs stick with complex carbs/ protien with some sort of vegtables for your day meals then at night right before you go to bed protien/fat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, Dieting is key if you want to lose more weight. A while back my girlfriend and I were on the SOUTHBEACH DIET. It was more for her, so I would only eat the carb/sugar free food around her, but at work, I'd eat normal food. I still shed some inches. I could see my abs quite a bit more. It was a pain, cuz I have a sweet tooth, but after two weeks, I noticed a big difference.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts