Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Ive just started boxing at my local amateur boxing club and would like someone with more experience to clarify something.

I am 182 cm (72 inches) in height, but I have a reach of 190 cm (75 inches). Is this considered a good reach or just average? I'm wondering cos I like to fight on the outside, and wanted to know how much use my jab will be to me.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Hi
Ive just started boxing at my local amateur boxing club and would like someone with more experience to clarify something.

I am 182 cm (72 inches) in height, but I have a reach of 190 cm (75 inches). Is this considered a good reach or just average? I'm wondering cos I like to fight on the outside, and wanted to know how much use my jab will be to me.
You actually have a pretty good reach, you will be able to use your jab to your jab to your advantage :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Thats good to hear :)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Hi

is it possibly to have 75 inch arms? you said you're 72 inches tall how do you have longer arms than you're body :confused:

·
Registered
841 Posts
So your 6 feet tall with 6'2" long arms.....do they drag when you walk?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
:laugh: Maybe he's not used to inches and had to convert something into inches online to get his answer..or maybe he miscalculated cause he has the longest arm reach in history

·
Registered
841 Posts
:laugh: Maybe he's not used to inches and had to convert something into inches online to get his answer..or maybe he miscalculated cause he has the longest arm reach in history
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Hopefully, otherwise he isn't human.

Nice boots by the way.

·
Registered
841 Posts
:Laugh: he's trying to catch the next plane all he needs to do is grab onto the wing.Thanks by the way i just read on the last page you said nice boots by the way :D
:laugh:

Yeah I can see a big difference from those other pics you put up a while back, looks like a good weight for you keep up the good work, u get taller too?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NFFC is right guys, Reach is measured from the tip of one arm to the tip of the other (kinda like wingspan), it's not the length of one arm.

But kudos on the humour haha, made me laugh.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
NFFC is right guys, Reach is measured from the tip of one arm to the tip of the other (kinda like wingspan), it's not the length of one arm.

But kudos on the humour haha, made me laugh.
He's always right :D:D.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts