Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to move to london and am thinking of starting boxing, im 20 and have played rugby all my life so am fairly fit. can anyone tell me is it possible to get to a decent level if im starting this late on?

·
Registered
841 Posts
i am about to move to london and am thinking of starting boxing, im 20 and have played rugby all my life so am fairly fit. can anyone tell me is it possible to get to a decent level if im starting this late on?
You can go as far as you want to go, a lot of people start around your age and make it far, it all really just boils down to how hard you try and how much you want it...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well if you are fairly fit, you should be able to run one mile, run one mile a day 3x a week, by the second week try to go up to 2 miles, by the third or 4th move on to 3-5 miles 3-5 times a week. Run atleast this much, if 3-5 miles is no problem or you, keep running this 3-5 times a week. Do lots of squats, lots of pushups, lots of ab and back excersises, if you have some fat around you, you'll eventually trim it from the cardio. Get some handwraps 180 inch, not those sport store 108 inch ones, learn how to put them on right, there are tons of ways, but the best ones you can find are from online instructions. Look for a gym, most gyms will have everything set for you from gloves, to bags, just get wraps and a mouthpiece. This should all prepare you fine. And Gyms also usually run for about 80-150 dollars a month, so look into it. Also try to check your weight, and determine which weight class you wanna be in. When I started I was 158 lbs about a year ago, and I decided to be a welterweight about a month after starting, so I went down to 147 to be in it withing 2 months.Though now the loss makes my weight fluctuate around 147-151 because I went a little too crazy with excercising in the sauna. Also remember to weigh yourself after you sleep, while stripped, no food or water before. 2 glasses of water and some food can probably add 3 lbs already. But, do drink and eat afterwards, weighing yourself should only take a few seconds, and you'll lose that off of wasting and perspiring later in the day.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
You can still box at a decent level so long as you have the dedication.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts