Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I'm trying to rapidly drop some weight - my peak fight weight is about 245-250 and I'm about 280 right now (took a little too much time off) and am curious if you guys support starvation running (running AM before breakfast) to fast weight drop or is it considered unhealthy.

-thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
starving yourself to drop weight is very unhealthy. You need to monitor your diet and limit carbs and fats.

I personally can't stand running or training on an empty stomach.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starvation running is not "starving yourself" what it is supposed to do is force your body to break down fat under aeorbic load, you still take in your 3000 or so cals/day, but because you are getting that initial shock it circumvents normal catatonic "starvation mode" or so the theroy goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't rely on nutrition but in a matter of fact I use a few things.
I do a lot of sparing during work-out and after that I feel realy tired.So this is what I do.I'm a tell you my secret.An hour befor traing I make myself creatine drink where I put also vitamins and minerals.I go work-out and when I return at home I eat stuff full of calories and proteins and else.For example egs with meat.Before every meal I eat fruits.I train monday toesday and friday and in the spare time I go jogging ,jumpropein',lifting light weights at home ,lever-pumpin' and stuff.After I come back I drink some Amino acids.
Before sleepin' I drin a soya protein.
All the stuff I use are in moderate quantity.So I don't gain weight.
Hope you understand my english.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't rely on nutrition but in a matter of fact I use a few things.
I do a lot of sparing during work-out and after that I feel realy tired.So this is what I do.I'm a tell you my secret.An hour befor traing I make myself creatine drink where I put also vitamins and minerals.I go work-out and when I return at home I eat stuff full of calories and proteins and else.For example egs with meat.Before every meal I eat fruits.I train monday toesday and friday and in the spare time I go jogging ,jumpropein',lifting light weights at home ,lever-pumpin' and stuff.After I come back I drink some Amino acids.
Before sleepin' I drin a soya protein.
All the stuff I use are in moderate quantity.So I don't gain weight.
Hope you understand my english.
Does that guy knows what he's talkin' about.Look at the title sucker!

·
Registered
48 Posts
i am trying to lose some weight too and so far running after dinner at night hasn't helped much..if anything it is making me restless as my metabolism is way too high during night and i can't sleep well..i am trying to wake up in the morning and do cardio in the morning and weight at night...

i remember back in days running in the morning worked out the best for me...it also makes sense..you get your metabolism started and boost it throughtout the day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts