Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw someting yesterday that got me thinking about this. First off...yeah I know - don't do them.

But, I was watching an interview of Tommy Morrison where he just openly mentioned that he used to do steroids (who knows, maybe he still does). And, it got me thinking. At the amateur level, and pro level back then, do they test for steroids? They are getting more and more prevalent in all things lately - high school football, JC baseball, etc. Based on what you guys know, are 'roids very common in boxing? Any other big names who've admitted using them?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I saw someting yesterday that got me thinking about this. First off...yeah I know - don't do them.

But, I was watching an interview of Tommy Morrison where he just openly mentioned that he used to do steroids (who knows, maybe he still does). And, it got me thinking. At the amateur level, and pro level back then, do they test for steroids? They are getting more and more prevalent in all things lately - high school football, JC baseball, etc. Based on what you guys know, are 'roids very common in boxing? Any other big names who've admitted using them?
I remember reading something about how some of the big name heavyweights took them back in the 80's and 90's but can't recall which ones.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Not really..you're a slow wide puncher who doesn't punch a lot from what i seen in your 3rd fight. You wouldn't last in the ring with me :thumbsdown: I'm lighter than you i'm faster and you have no power in your punches and wide. You would hardly touch me since i'm a counter puncher also.

·
Registered
212 Posts

are you saying ur thinking about taking steroids? im pretty sure they check for steroids regularly in every sport. Sean Sherk from the UFC got suspended and got his belt taken away because he tested positive for steroids.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not really..you're a slow wide puncher who doesn't punch a lot from what i seen in your 3rd fight. You wouldn't last in the ring with me :thumbsdown: I'm lighter than you i'm faster and you have no power in your punches and wide. You would hardly touch me since i'm a counter puncher also.
1. Im not slow at all....
2. This fight I didnt get to throw many punches cuz all the kid do was run, plus the round were 1:30
3. Wrong
4. My first fight I fought at 124, I am bigger because I chose to be bigger....
5. The people I spar with, whom are like 17 and weigh 170, say I punch harder than most people they fought.
6. You saw what happens when people try to counter punch me... :dunno:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Nobody saw what happens when they counter punch you cause everyone you fought sucked. The guy didn't run he was ******* you up and he lost the fight. You said a sparring match is no where near a competition fight so you're most likely lying about the 170 guy so good job idiot :thumbsup:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
1. Im not slow at all....
2. This fight I didnt get to throw many punches cuz all the kid do was run, plus the round were 1:30
3. Wrong
4. My first fight I fought at 124, I am bigger because I chose to be bigger....
5. The people I spar with, whom are like 17 and weigh 170, say I punch harder than most people they fought.
6. You saw what happens when people try to counter punch me... :dunno:
1. You're very slow
2. You were too slow to catch him then weren't you :laugh:
3. Correct
4. Because the competition was too strong.
5. You're sparring partners have probably only shadow boxed before :laugh:
6. When a skillful guy with proper skills does it you'll be out of it like Cotto.

·
Registered
221 Posts
1. You're very slow
2. You were too slow to catch him then weren't you :laugh:
3. Correct
4. Because the competition was too strong.
5. You're sparring partners have probably only shadow boxed before :laugh:
6. When a skillful guy with proper skills does it you'll be out of it like Cotto.
1. My power makes up for it....
2. Only reason he was running was because he didnt wanna be in the ring anymore...
3. Wrong
4. Because comepetition was too easy... And I hate being that skinny...
5. Actually they have had more fights than i have...
6. Except for the fact that cotto was the counter puncher in that fight... My style is more of a Margarito

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
1. My power makes up for it....
2. Only reason he was running was because he didnt wanna be in the ring anymore...
3. Wrong
4. Because competition was too easy... And I hate being that skinny...
5. Actually they have had more fights than i have...
6. Except for the fact that cotto was the counter puncher in that fight... My style is more of a Margarito
1. Not when you can't catch him
2. It was hardly running
3. You're wrong actually
4. LOL 4 fights and you decided it was too easy...you're a joke.
5. Yeah I bet :rolleyes:
6. You're still getting KTFO :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no

are you saying ur thinking about taking steroids? im pretty sure they check for steroids regularly in every sport. Sean Sherk from the UFC got suspended and got his belt taken away because he tested positive for steroids.
No...asking about steroids in the sport. Not thinking about taking them. Ever. I've never even considered it. My build is unusual enough as it is.

I've been surprised by how common roid use has become amongst the common folk. Most of our local JC baseball team takes them. Many of the guys I've worked out with have/do take them. Even highschool kids. Funny thing - many of these guys don't even have a good diet, let alone workout ethic.

I was a little shocked at Morrison's honesty on it. Man, that guy had a left hook.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
No...asking about steroids in the sport. Not thinking about taking them. Ever. I've never even considered it. My build is unusual enough as it is.

I've been surprised by how common roid use has become amongst the common folk. Most of our local JC baseball team takes them. Many of the guys I've worked out with have/do take them. Even highschool kids. Funny thing - many of these guys don't even have a good diet, let alone workout ethic.

I was a little shocked at Morrison's honesty on it. Man, that guy had a left hook.
Good that you ain't taking them :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts

oh okay... doesnt seem too common to me, i dont know anyone whos ever tried it

·
Registered
212 Posts
ay Brooklyn, R myers, and NFFC, can you guys seriously just shut up with all this argueing? ur turning every thread into an arguement. This has been going on for like a week already. If this guy is that annoying then just tell the mods to ban him because this is seriously getting old

1 - 20 of 30 Posts