Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YouTube - STEVE FORBES TRAINING FOR OSCAR DE LA HOYA

Check out former super featherweight champion Steve Forbes work the mitts with trainer Roger Mayweather as he begins training for his upcoming clash with six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

No disrespect to Forbes but I think he's gonna get owned.

PS : It looks like he's training in jeans...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It's funny how he's being used by both the Mayweather camp as well as Oscar at the same time.

Does anyone know the exact weight they are fighting in? Also, how much is he getting paid for this? This would crush my dignity.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well i think DLH is gonna give Forbes a beating :p Much better in every aspect of the game, DLH tko rd 4

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Why is he even training? I wouldnt even waist my time if I know I was going to get my aced kicked no matter how hard I trained. I'd just take that check and retire a former featherweight champ.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Why is he even training? I wouldnt even waist my time if I know I was going to get my aced kicked no matter how hard I trained. I'd just take that check and retire a former featherweight champ.
:laugh: no training at all. I'm not quite sure what to think of that. lol

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wether he trains or not he's gonna get that check. He might as well try to look good and give his all in the ring.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I think he's gonna leave it all in training, I mean the man looks terrible, Roger is oviously taken it easy on the man from the looks of that Video

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Cuz he's a fighter and he's getting paid. What you expect him to do? Lay down?

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Oscar is got no dignity, he oviously did not want to take any chances what so ever, at the very least I hope he carries the man a few rounds to help him save face...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
If Forbes wins the DLH fight with floyd will fall apart. Unless floyd is really willing to fight a guy comming from such embarassing loss.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
If Forbes wins the DLH fight with floyd will fall apart. Unless floyd is really willing to fight a guy comming from such embarassing loss.

As long as that money is there he'll still fight him. But it'll look like the money is still there but PPV number would be in the tolet. So he wouldnt make anywhere near the amount he made last fight.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
That would be sad. Floyd gotta have some self-respect and honor not to take the fight, because that would be lame and extremely disappoting

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
That would be sad. Floyd gotta have some self-respect and honor not to take the fight, because that would be lame and extremely disappoting
But he's Money Mayweather. Hes gonna take the biggest paying fight.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Lets really hope he doesnt live up to his alias.. Anyways, this is a very unlikey scenario right, Oscar will prob KO forbes

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Lets really hope he doesnt live up to his alias.. Anyways, this is a very unlikey scenario right, Oscar will prob KO forbes
NOOOOOOOO He is already living up to his name by taking the fight in the first place. And forbes can dance around and fustrate Oscar to a SD or something. Thats not out the question.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts