Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was exposed about him? Huh? please tell me.

First, we knew his defense was suspect. If anything in his last fight he showed great heart, and showed us an exciting fight. Please, watch the fight. The STOPPAGE WAS HORRIBLE. of the last 5 punches thrown.. 4 were thrown by Lee, and all 4 of his shots landed. Yes lee was hurt, but he was fighting back, effectively, he obviously wanted to continue, and he was winning the fight big time. So how was he exposed? what did we learn that we didn't know. The entire fight except for the last round showed great skill by Lee, and showed that he was a good prospect. He was showing great heart and determination throughout the fight, and showing that when he gets hurt he doesn't give up.

What the **** did the ref expect the fighter to do, that Lee wasnt doing? He was Hurt, but still effective. He was holding on, and he was still throwing and landing. His feet were a bit wobbly yes, but he was still using them decently enough. I just dont understand how anybody could agree with that stoppage. Unless Lee made some sort of jester or Vocal signal that he didnt want to go on (that somehow i and everybody else missed) I dont see how he stopped that fight.

****... ****, ASS, ****

That is one of those fights where it makes me sick knowing that his career just got set back by a year or so because of a bullshit stoppage.

(P.s. I just watched the fight and I'm furious.)
-Melty

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and his feet weren't that wobbly... the only really bad stumble was because of there feet got tied up when lee was trying to back out, cause him to minorly stumble.. and actually the fact that he stumbled so little even after he tripped on Vera foot shows that his balance wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
This guy is not what steward hyped him up to be,saying he will be a hall of fame fighter
and even went as far to say he thinks lee could beat pavlik and alot of the other top
middle weights.lee did not impress me at any time during this fight.So yes imo he is
a bum.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
and his feet weren't that wobbly... the only really bad stumble was because of there feet got tied up when lee was trying to back out, cause him to minorly stumble.. and actually the fact that he stumbled so little even after he tripped on Vera foot shows that his balance wasn't that bad.
lol :laugh:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well he was exposed to be a mediocre fighter imo, Steward was saying he would be a hall of fame fighter and what not and when it all comes down to it hes nothing more than a decent fighter not a great one. And yeah the stoppage was bad but he was def hurt and wobbly.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dunno, i think everyone gets overhyped nowadays so inevitably a lot of them are gonna lose and therefore be "exposed". But i don't see what's wrong with a loss on your ledger. David Haye had a pretty similar thing happen to him against Carl Thompson and look what he's done afterwards.

I think it's too early to judge Andy Lee, either as a good fighter or a bad one, he's only had 16 fights! What we know is that he's not the finished article yet, but that he has natural punching power and so with a little bit more work could very well be a world champ one day, as long as he works hard. I think everyone places too much emphasis on being undefeated and perfect, sometimes a loss is what a prospect needs.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I dunno, i think everyone gets overhyped nowadays so inevitably a lot of them are gonna lose and therefore be "exposed". But i don't see what's wrong with a loss on your ledger. David Haye had a pretty similar thing happen to him against Carl Thompson and look what he's done afterwards.

I think it's too early to judge Andy Lee, either as a good fighter or a bad one, he's only had 16 fights! What we know is that he's not the finished article yet, but that he has natural punching power and so with a little bit more work could very well be a world champ one day, as long as he works hard. I think everyone places too much emphasis on being undefeated and perfect, sometimes a loss is what a prospect needs.
That is a great comparison you've made there ninja between Haye and Lee because i remember basck then Haye was being wrote off the same way.

Andy is young and has flaws but he has undoubtedly got some big guns too.....I wont be surprised to see him win titles in the future, i think he's a good fighter.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I thought it was stopped too soon also, I wanted to see the KO, and it was coming..:laugh: I remember there was no complaints from him or the corner either.

But let the guy recoup from the loss, he may come back stronger. Not likely, but....

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Everybody that replied so far has a different opinion and I agree with all of them. :laugh: Everybody has a valid point.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

it's been done before and will always take place one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Well he was exposed to be a mediocre fighter imo, Steward was saying he would be a hall of fame fighter and what not and when it all comes down to it hes nothing more than a decent fighter not a great one. And yeah the stoppage was bad but he was def hurt and wobbly.
As much as I support my Irish boxers I think your right. Steward got way ahead of himself saying he's a HOF material. Like I said in another thread Lee should be praying for a rematch and if that happens he's gonna need to make quick work of the guy to gain what credibility he had back.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
As much as I support my Irish boxers I think your right. Steward got way ahead of himself saying he's a HOF material. Like I said in another thread Lee should be praying for a rematch and if that happens he's gonna need to make quick work of the guy to gain what credibility he had back.
Yea Vera cant make it past 3

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seems like Manny Steward is way ahead of you on this one as he's come out saying its a FOTY candidate and that the rematch should happen immediately. At least he's not giving the usual BS about the stoppage being wrong, but then he never does.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all of your are saying he was over hyped, because of what Manny Steward said. Many other people did not feel the same way as Manny. I mean, Shannon Briggs says he's the best fighter in the world, does that mean he is over hyped?

And really what else did you guys expect in the fight. The only thing that i saw that surprised me was Vera's chin. re-watch the fight and watch how many Clean powerful left hands he eats. For a prospect there is only so many times you can punch a guy in the face before he hits you back. if his chin didnt stand up so well, he would have been knockout, and all of you would be praising him for knocking out Vera. Instead his chin does hold up, Lee keeps fighting and brutal, heart-filled fight, and gets a WAY to early stoppage and you all are saying he is trash and sucks.

And im tired of people on this forum trashing fighters. Let me tell you, ANY fighter that has any pro career, whether its a journey man or Migel Cotto, Deserves your respect. WEll at least if your a real fight fan. And man that has the guts to step in that ring is anything but trash. you can say one is better then the other, but how can you sit at your desk in your nice comfy (and probably parents) home and say disrespectful things about fighter. ANY pro fighter can kick your ass, so stop acting like you know better then him, or you know how to fix his style to make him good. Stop saying your smarter, or know how to fight, more then him. Cuase if you did, you would be in there, not him. Guys like Carlos bauldimir are amazing men, Calling him a bum shows that you dont really care about the sport.

-melty

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
What was exposed about him? Huh? please tell me.

First, we knew his defense was suspect. If anything in his last fight he showed great heart, and showed us an exciting fight. Please, watch the fight. The STOPPAGE WAS HORRIBLE. of the last 5 punches thrown.. 4 were thrown by Lee, and all 4 of his shots landed. Yes lee was hurt, but he was fighting back, effectively, he obviously wanted to continue, and he was winning the fight big time. So how was he exposed? what did we learn that we didn't know. The entire fight except for the last round showed great skill by Lee, and showed that he was a good prospect. He was showing great heart and determination throughout the fight, and showing that when he gets hurt he doesn't give up.

What the **** did the ref expect the fighter to do, that Lee wasnt doing? He was Hurt, but still effective. He was holding on, and he was still throwing and landing. His feet were a bit wobbly yes, but he was still using them decently enough. I just dont understand how anybody could agree with that stoppage. Unless Lee made some sort of jester or Vocal signal that he didnt want to go on (that somehow i and everybody else missed) I dont see how he stopped that fight.

****... ****, ASS, ****

That is one of those fights where it makes me sick knowing that his career just got set back by a year or so because of a bullshit stoppage.

(P.s. I just watched the fight and I'm furious.)
-Melty
He got exposed as the overrated bum that he is. Yes WE knew his defense was garbage, but the overall public didn't know. Last Friday on national TV he got EXPOSED. The ref should have stopped it before he did. At the time that he stopped it it looked bad, but earlier he should have stepped in.

The bottom line is this...

VERA! He lost to VERA!:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
808 Posts
He got exposed as the overrated bum that he is. Yes WE knew his defense was garbage, but the overall public didn't know. Last Friday on national TV he got EXPOSED. The ref should have stopped it before he did. At the time that he stopped it it looked bad, but earlier he should have stepped in.

The bottom line is this...

VERA! He lost to VERA!:thumbsdown:
I agree 100% :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
all of your are saying he was over hyped, because of what Manny Steward said. Many other people did not feel the same way as Manny. I mean, Shannon Briggs says he's the best fighter in the world, does that mean he is over hyped?

And really what else did you guys expect in the fight. The only thing that i saw that surprised me was Vera's chin. re-watch the fight and watch how many Clean powerful left hands he eats. For a prospect there is only so many times you can punch a guy in the face before he hits you back. if his chin didnt stand up so well, he would have been knockout, and all of you would be praising him for knocking out Vera. Instead his chin does hold up, Lee keeps fighting and brutal, heart-filled fight, and gets a WAY to early stoppage and you all are saying he is trash and sucks.

And im tired of people on this forum trashing fighters. Let me tell you, ANY fighter that has any pro career, whether its a journey man or Migel Cotto, Deserves your respect. WEll at least if your a real fight fan. And man that has the guts to step in that ring is anything but trash. you can say one is better then the other, but how can you sit at your desk in your nice comfy (and probably parents) home and say disrespectful things about fighter. ANY pro fighter can kick your ass, so stop acting like you know better then him, or you know how to fix his style to make him good. Stop saying your smarter, or know how to fight, more then him. Cuase if you did, you would be in there, not him. Guys like Carlos bauldimir are amazing men, Calling him a bum shows that you dont really care about the sport.

-melty
:laugh:A little bitter there huh Melty??? Look at a time Briggs was overhyped. And people are putting Lee down because he was in there with a fighter who he should have beaten easily. But he didnt. He wouldnt have got any praises for koing Vera. It was what he was supposed to do. And you know your last paragraph was all a heated opinion. People are entitled to like and dislike whoever they want. You dont know who can beat who. Or who is or was a fighter or if someone even ever persued a pro boxing career. And calling someone a bum isnt a blow to there caracter, or a blow to how much a man they are. Calling someone a bum just says that you dont think that guy is that good in that sport. You think people only call boxers bums???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts