Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a good laugh sat night while out with some friends at a local club. I guess I talked to the wrong female and her jealous ex boyfriend. " she said ex, I duno" caught some serious beef with me. it was after the club let out he waited to try me out in the parking lot. I tried my damndest to walk, but he threw a few shots. He was fat and had no skill. I didnt want to hurt the guy Which is why I think I faught him the way I did. It was all jabs and move. Im talkin like three quick jabs and pivot three more. I'd back him off without even throwing my right and not even thinking bout my hooks and uppercuts. He just kept rushing. But he threw one right w/bad intentions I guess youd say and I decided to end it. It was too easy my fav combo posted in a thread last week slipped the right, double hook to the body folded him. dropped the right, sent him to la la land and cleaned up with a masive hook guy laid flat out. Just wanted to share a funny moment It came to mind to post after realizing I used my fav combo as posted in another thread.
I feel bad to an extent. I'll admit when I started to box it was to be the baddest man aroiund and before I hear it from Punch Drunk or somebody I realize that is not the point of this sport. I was just wondering who had been in a similiar incident? and especially faught so out of character. Im a brawler all hooks and uppercuts set up by straight punches I jump on apponents and stay in there face. the jab and move thing I havnt worked on in for ever. glad I can still do it.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Did the guy hit you at all? It sounds like you smoked him. I haven't been in a street fight before but Ive seen them. My friend got into one and beat the guy up. He got hit once and that was it. He nailed the guy right in the nose and blood started puring out of the guys nose and he was crying! Then my buddy ran up and shoved him. I laughed until blood almost got on me, and my stuff.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i used to fight all the time till i started boxing i stay in rough place and fights would usualy start fuelled by the drink not always by me may i add.

now i just dont see the damn point off beating on some bum in the street when you can do it legaly in the squared circle.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I never get in any real fights, even though im in heated competition in other sports all the time. Guys will usually just back down, or cool off, but I know one of these days im gonna have to step up when I get that one bonehead that cant let it go. And thats when Ill let go of that 1-2-3. But I certainly try to avoid fighting at all cost, its just not worth it in most cases.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never actually been in a streetfight per se. I mean, when I was younger I had an uncle who boxed in the army and he taught me how to defend myself(sort of, I was pretty young). Playing soccer a lot I guess helped me to have decent agility. But once some skinheads started **** with a group of me and my friends. Started with the whole "******" and "****** lovers" to my white friends in the group. I tried to get everyone to let it go, but they wouldn't let up. Then they got in our faces. One thing leads to another, words are exchanged(I consider myself very patient and all, but I could feel myself about to snap) and one takes a swing at me. I'd never even really had boxing training, just sort of learnt how to slip and set myself up from watching videos and stuff. Slipped it and remembered my uncle's words "whenever fighting someone, hit the nose first, because it'll not only crack or break, but it'll daze their vision then you're good as gold" so I hit him square in the nose with a sweet shot. He was on the way down when I caught him with a sweet left to the right jaw. Went down like a sack of potatoes. Funnily enough, all his friends bailed on him. I don't advocate fighting normally, but I'm glad I decked him.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Greatest_D said:
I've never actually been in a streetfight per se. I mean, when I was younger I had an uncle who boxed in the army and he taught me how to defend myself(sort of, I was pretty young). Playing soccer a lot I guess helped me to have decent agility. But once some skinheads started **** with a group of me and my friends. Started with the whole "******" and "****** lovers" to my white friends in the group. I tried to get everyone to let it go, but they wouldn't let up. Then they got in our faces. One thing leads to another, words are exchanged(I consider myself very patient and all, but I could feel myself about to snap) and one takes a swing at me. I'd never even really had boxing training, just sort of learnt how to slip and set myself up from watching videos and stuff. Slipped it and remembered my uncle's words "whenever fighting someone, hit the nose first, because it'll not only crack or break, but it'll daze their vision then you're good as gold" so I hit him square in the nose with a sweet shot. He was on the way down when I caught him with a sweet left to the right jaw. Went down like a sack of potatoes. Funnily enough, all his friends bailed on him. I don't advocate fighting normally, but I'm glad I decked him.
My dad always taught me to aim at the nose first, and he has won his share of street fights too.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i snapped a guys collar bone about 3 years ago with a big right, this guy was one of those up himself doorman (you know the type). anyway it was a freinds birthday and we decided to to go to a club in town. we had been out boozing most of the day and to say the least one of my buds was absolutley hammered. i remember my bud and his cuz were shooting pool when my bud went to the bar still holding the cue in his hand. thats when the uphimself doorman came over to my bud who was the worse for ware and told him in the most arogant way where he was going to stick the cue. my bud aint what you'd call the quiet type of guy so he told this doorman egsactly what he thought of him. thats when the doorman cracked my bud and layed him out. the rest off the guys i were with were in the pool area at that time (prob with there head burried in womens boobies) so they had no idea this was going on. i had decided to go to the bar just behind my bud to buy this cutie a drink and spotted what was going on though. infact i knew this doorman had a reputation for being a hard bastard and a bit off a bully boy at the sametime. so when my mate hit the ground i thought to myself this ****er needs put in his place, that was a pure liberty he took against my drunk mate. i shouted as any scottsman would in there accent "haw bawbag" and the doorman turned to face me with a i smell **** look on his face, i said " aye am talkin tae you yeh f.uckin arsehole" and the doorman being the hardnut he thought he was aproached in a meanacing way. as he reached me i coiled then sprung with a fast, sharp, strong, overhand right which landed on his shoulder area, i heard the fud of the punch landing, and the crack off the bone snapping (it was a beauty of a punch). to say the least he was beaten and on the deck with my bud taking the liberty with laying in a couple of kicks when he was down. i myself was a doorman when i was a few years younger so i knew 1 of the others who were on the door that night and obviously told him what had happened, this guy knows me well and knows looking for trouble isnt my game but if it looks for me ill meet it head on, so me and my mates walked away from the club without as much as a word from the police and continued our evening on the piss elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
i snapped a guys collar bone about 3 years ago with a big right, this guy was one of those up himself doorman (you know the type). anyway it was a freinds birthday and we decided to to go to a club in town. we had been out boozing most of the day and to say the least one of my buds were absolutley hammered. i remember my bud and his cuz were shooting pool when my bud went to the bar still holding the cue in his hand. thats when the uphimself doorman came over to my mate who was the worse for ware and told him in the most arogant way where he was going to stick the cue. my bud aint what you'd call the quiet type of guy so he told this doorman egsactly what he fought of him. thats when the doorman cracked my bud and layed him out. the rest off the guys i were with were in the pool area at that time (prob with there head burried in womens boobies) so they had no idea this was going on. i had decided to go to the bar though just behind my bud to buy this cutie a drink though and spotted what was going on. infact i knew this doorman had a reputation for being a hard bastard and a bit off a bully boy at the sametime. so when my mate hit the ground i thought to myself this ****er needs put in his place that was a pure liberty he took there. i shouted as any scottsman would in there accent "haw bawbag" and the doorman turned to face me with a i smell **** look on his face, i said " aye am talkin tae you yeh feckin manky bam" and the doorman being the hardnut he thought he was aproached in a meanacing way. as he reached me i coiled then sprung with a fast sharp strong overhand right which landed on his shoulder area, i heard the fud of the punch landing, and the crack off the bone snapping. to say the least he was beaten and on the deck with my bud taking the liberty with laying in a couple of fly kicks when he was down. i myself was a doorman when i was a few years younger so i knew 1 of the others who were on the door that night and obviously told him what had happened, this guy knows me well and knows looking for trouble isnt my game but if it looks for me ill meet it head on, so me and my mates walked away from the club without as much as a word from the police and continued our evening on the piss elsewhere.
I had a british teacher, and when she got really pissed and was yelling a lot, her true british accent came out and we had no clue what she was saying lol. We just knew that 1: she was really pissed, 2: we were being yelled at, and 3: we better not do anything else to piss her off even more. So, what exactly does "aye am talkin tae you yeh feckin manky bam" mean?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
it means yes im talking to you, you fuc.king dirty anoying person. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
it means yes im talking to you, you fuc.king dirty anoying person. :laugh:
Oh, ok. You guys over in the UK have a way with words :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
scotland and wales actualy have there own languages, scottish is similar to english but very difficult to understand. i speak in a very broad scottish accent, thats why my english grammer is so bad. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
scotland and wales actualy have there own languages, scottish is similar to english but very difficult to understand. i speak in a very broad scottish accent, thats why my english grammer is so bad. :laugh:
Well you guys have a way with words. :laugh:

·
Registered
45 Posts
tommygunn said:
Have you ever read Trainspotting? Irvine Welsh wrote it in Scottish dialect!

I’ve only taken up boxing recently for fitness, and have never gotten into a street fight. I always try not to involve myself in altercations, but I’ve had more than my fair share of insults bandied at me due to my race & religion. I don’t know how I’d react to a barefisted (or even gloved!) punch to my big fat nose!​

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
White Tyson said:
Is Street Figthing a very sensible way of life? Yes Or No? I think not!
Nope, but if someone shoves or hits me, they are getting socked in the nose.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Kodanshi said:
Have you ever read Trainspotting? Irvine Welsh wrote it in Scottish dialect!

I’ve only taken up boxing recently for fitness, and have never gotten into a street fight. I always try not to involve myself in altercations, but I’ve had more than my fair share of insults bandied at me due to my race & religion. I don’t know how I’d react to a barefisted (or even gloved!) punch to my big fat nose!​
ive read trainspoting and po rno there both great books, im getting another of irvine welsh books called acid house. :)

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
bill1234 said:
Nope, but if someone shoves or hits me, they are getting socked in the nose.
Well... yeah... I'd do that as well... but I don't want to make it a living... roaming the streets with those ferals gangs and being like thugs!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts