Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that all four heavyweights have agreed to participate in the IBF's tournament to determine a mandatory challenger for their champion, Wladimir Klitschko.

According to Dan Rafael, Calvin Brock (31-1, 23 KOs) will face Eddie Chambers (29-0, 16 KOs) in the main event of a ShoBox card on November 2. In the other bracket, Chris Byrd (40-3-1, 21 KOs) is close to a deal to face Olympic gold medalist Alexander Povetkin (13-0, 10 KOs) on October 27 in Germany.

The two winners will collide in the early part of 2008. Klitschko is taking the rest of the year off to allow his injured left hand to heal.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Im glad to see Povetkin is in the picture, hes a good prospect from what iv seen. I hope he wins that, but i dont have much interest in any of the fights there.

I heard another reason Klitschko couldnt fight again this year was because HBO blew there budget on all these other big fights.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You heard most of the story. HBO spends/spent so much money on Klitschko and nobody watches. I want to see a tournament more like the ever-talked about...Klitschko, Peter, Chagaev, and the other guy I always forget.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
ibragimov lol i'd put them all in the ring and let them duke it out, hell i care so little about the hw division put them in a f'in octagon and let them do anything just to unify the belts so the next best thing can beat the living daylights out of that person so maybe we get a breath of freakin fresh air.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
I actually am excited to see the Brock/Chambers fight, but this tournament is kinda stupid. Klitschko already pancaked Byrd and Brock, so why bother ?
exactly what im thinking captain, surely the IBF cant kleep recycling the same old fighters all the time, although i thought brock put up an "ok" showing against wlad, byrd has been comprehensivly beaten twice,

vladimir virches should really be next in line for a shot if theres gonna be no unification fights, but still we see brewster, brock and byrd as the top 3 ranked guys they have. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you all know, and what I want so very badly is a Samuel Peter vs. Wladamir Klitschko fight. This is an easy way for Wlad to excuse himself from any talk of Sam Peter.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
As you all know, and what I want so very badly is a Samuel Peter vs. Wladamir Klitschko fight. This is an easy way for Wlad to excuse himself from any talk of Sam Peter.
i think apart from the 3 knockdowns wlad gave peter a bit of a boxing lesson the last time they fought, both guys have improved though, peter skill wise and wlad "D" wise.

i would give peter a punchers chance against wlad but he gets outboxed again me thinks. :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I think Klit would win, but I want to see that fight more than any other heavyweight fight. Give me Peter or Chagaev, who I think is going to get much, much better.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Oh I think Klit would win, but I want to see that fight more than any other heavyweight fight. Give me Peter or Chagaev, who I think is going to get much, much better.
i hope for the sake of the division wlad or vitali lose very soon, thats not out of hate though, but if these 2 guys are winning we wont ever see a unification fight.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I may have egg on my face in a few weeks time but im tipping Povietkin from what ive seen, he looks a good prospect!

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
Keep fingers crossed and hope Vitaly has enough left to clean up the detritus in the division. As long has Wlad and the rest of these pretenders hold title belts the Heavyweight division will be a bit of a joke.

Poet

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hopefully there will be some guy that is about 18 right now who we haven't seen that will come through and Tysonize the heavyweight divison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts