Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Undefeated IBF middleweight champion King Arthur Abraham is hopeful that Felix Sturm will finally get in the ring with him after Team Sauerland earlier this week submitted a written offer of 2.5 million euros. Abraham would not be distracted by Sturm´s latest remarks in which he called the offer a PR gag. “The offer is on the table,” King Arthur said. “It was officially submitted in writing by our managing director. This is as serious as it gets.” Two weeks ago, King Arthur stopped mandatory challenger Raul Marquez in the seventh round to retain his IBF belt. Before starting a well-deserved vacation, he will make a couple of media appearances, including visits to a TV charity show, the Chess Olympiad and the Laureus World Sports Awards. “I am already looking forward to relaxing a little,” King Arthur said. “I will return to practice in December to prepare for my next fight which will hopefully be the unification against Sturm – if he dares to get in the same ring with me.”
-fightnews.com

If Abraham goes from Miranda to Marquez to Sturm to Pavlik, that would really be some accomplishment. Nobody could say he hasn't fought the best any longer. Very ambitious.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Yeah he seems to be getting in the road right now. Aiming Sturm now and Pavlik later.

He didnt mention Winky Wright but its ok

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
AA is enjoying the recognition he got by beating Miranda and it looks like he's hungry for more. I think he beats both.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
For those that dont know. 2.5 mill in euro's translates to about 3.1 million us dollars. I'd love to see this fight.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
For those that dont know. 2.5 mill in euro's translates to about 3.1 million us dollars. I'd love to see this fight.
Two fighters with two completely different styles. Both are very good fighters, they are from the same country and neither one seems to like the other. What's not to love?

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Looks like Universum and Sturm got some confidence after the Sylvester fight. They need to make this, but if they don't there's always Winky on HBO in the Spring and Pavlik close to Summer.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Two fighters with two completely different styles. Both are very good fighters, they are from the same country and neither one seems to like the other. What's not to love?
I agree 100 percent, I hope showtime picks this up

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Abraham, easily.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
This fight is a fight I must watch. Abraham has all the respect from me after what he did to Miranda, and I think he can do some damage in the MW-SMW divisions; Abraham is a fighter I actually beleive that could give Pav a run for his money.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
This fight is a fight I must watch. Abraham has all the respect for me after what he did to Miranda, and I think he can do soome damage in the MW-SMW divisions; Abraham is a fighter I actually beleive that could give Pav a run for his money.
Yep I have Abraham in this one...I definitely want to see him fight Pav...hopefully they can get that off next year.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
Hope Sturm ( I am a Sturm fan :)but i think Abraham will make it.He is physically superior.sooner or later he hurts everbody with a punch

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
2.5 mill euros :O thats alot of money :O And people wonder why some european fighters never leave europe :p Hehe this will be a good fight and altho i think AA will win Sturm might pull out a decision.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
2.5 mill euros :O thats alot of money :O And people wonder why some european fighters never leave europe :p Hehe this will be a good fight and altho i think AA will win Sturm might pull out a decision.
I agree. This fight is anything but a sure thing. While Abraham clearly has the size and strength advantage, AA hasn't fought a guy as slick as Sturm. Sturm is a very good fighter who is often underrated by people who havn't seen him fight. Having said that, I'm not sure that Sturm will be able to deal with AA's flurrys of power. Nobody has been able to yet...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts