Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a good friend on this forum were talking about how he has strategies to fight an outboxer and he's an inboxer himself. Of course i, the outboxer, had to debate with him and say i wouldn't let him trap me in the corners and i'd just stick and move. Question is which do you guys prefer? Which do you guys think has the advantage and which do you think will most likely win. Thought i'd make an interesting thread like this. I'm sure most of you who box or even huge boxing fanatics will join in.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inside fighting can be exciting when you have the right guys. Thats for basically brawlers. outside fighting is basically to outbox them

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See it was like the Cotto-Margarito fight. Infighter against outboxer. But Margarito was relentless. It can take its toll on a fighter if they don't know how to use it to their advantage. Staminas a bitch in outfighting. They all have their differences. But i just love outboxing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Outboxing seems to take the most stamina, talent, and ring intelligence. That being said, I've seen alot of talented fighters with a large degree of ring intelligence get chopped down by an infighter.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
You gotta be able to do both IMO but noone has the advantage. Depends on the fighter.
Good points Bal, the logic is that the inside benefits the smaller stronger fighter while the out side would be controlled by a tall rangier fighter who sticks and moves....

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Me and a good friend on this forum were talking about how he has strategies to fight an outboxer and he's an inboxer himself. Of course i, the outboxer, had to debate with him and say i wouldn't let him trap me in the corners and i'd just stick and move. Question is which do you guys prefer? Which do you guys think has the advantage and which do you think will most likely win. Thought i'd make an interesting thread like this. I'm sure most of you who box or even huge boxing fanatics will join in.
I've always been a huge fan of boxers who fight at distance, and that was always my preference when boxing. My favorite kind of boxers are educated guys who know exactly how to execute from the outside but also can succeed on the inside. To me it is all about knowledge/experience. For the point of this thread I pick outside fighting any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Good points Bal, the logic is that the inside benefits the smaller stronger fighter while the out side would be controlled by a tall rangier fighter who sticks and moves....
Yeah but the infighter needs to have a good stiff jab or a good right hand so he can hold his own on the outside and he needs good head movement to work his way in. The outboxer needs to sit down on his shots every now and then.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah but the infighter needs to have a good stiff jab or a good right hand so he can hold his own on the outside and he needs good head movement to work his way in. The outboxer needs to sit down on his shots every now and then.
Great post and very true. Malignaggi is a PERFECT example of your point. He's a fantastic out-fighter, but he can't gain the respect of his opponents with those pampers-extra-soft-punches.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol and i agree. The guy has feather dusters for fists. I love outboxing cause they have style to them. They bring the excitement. The movement making their opponent run after them getting frustrated while they pepper their opponent with a jab and then flurry come out and skate away.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Lol and i agree. The guy has feather dusters for fists. I love outboxing cause they have style to them. They bring the excitement. The movement making their opponent run after them getting frustrated while they pepper their opponent with a jab and then flurry come out and skate away.
Its hard to believe you had Trinidad beating De La Hoya:laugh:

I don't really have any preference. I enjoy watching two fighters brawl on the inside just as much as i like watching two tacticians box from the outside. I think the best fights are fights between the two, an aggressive fighter who prefers in-fighting against a solid boxer who prefers to box from the outside.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts