Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shane Mosley is set to take on Ricardo Mayorga on September 7th. If Mosley can defeat Mayorga, he wants to face the best in his next bout and that would be a fight with Antonio Margarito. Quoted recently in the media, Mosley discussed how he wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Mosley explained why he wants Margarito, using Mayweather Jr's name in his explanation, stating: "When Mayweather was on top before he retired, I wanted Mayweather. Margarito is the best welterweight out there right now, so I want Margarito."

Mosley went on to say how much he loves a challenge and it's the reason he is chasing after Margarito. "So if he's the best fighter, I'm going after him," stated Mosley.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
ODLH does'nt seem to want the fight or the money so it's a smart move by SS to begin issuing the challenge, he's showing what a real fighter is all about, I hope he get's his wish, imagine if he were to trash Mayorga and then go on to win a unanimous deceition against Margarito, he would go out the way a champion is supposed to, as an all time great... ODLH is gonna let that one pass him by because he lacks what Shane Mosley and Bernard Hopkins have a " SPINE"......:laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ODLH does'nt seem to want the fight or the money so it's a smart move by SS to begin issuing the challenge, he's showing what a real fighter is all about, I hope he get's his wish, imagine if he were to trash Mayorga and then go on to win a unanimous deceition against Margarito, he would go out the way a champion is supposed to, as an all time great... ODLH is gonna let that one pass him by because he lacks what Shane Mosley and Bernard Hopkins have a " SPINE"......:laugh:
I agree, DLH is just fighting a name in Paquiao since I think Pacman is moving into a weight class too high. Marg would be more of a challenge for him, but I think DLH knows that he does't really have a chance against Marg.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Do you know if it's official yet or what ? What a spineless coward I swear...he ought to be ashamed....

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know if it's official yet or what ? What a spineless coward I swear...he ought to be ashamed....
You mean the DLH-Pacman bout? I heard that they're at a stand still, but I found an article about it:

So what's the latest on a possible showdown between Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao? According to Golden Boy's CEO Richard Schaefer, who was quoted on MaxBoxing, chances are at about 70% the fight will happen on December 6th.

Schaefer tells MaxBoxing in regards to a meeting he had with Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum on Wednesday: "We had a two hour meeting, which went well. There are some open issues which need to be resolved, such as the weight. Remember, Oscar hasn't made 147 pounds in almost ten years and it's not so easy. You think, 'Well, it's easy losing an extra couple pounds or so,' but when you are a top-notch athlete, to lose those last few pounds can become very difficult. So that's one of the points."

Schaefer goes on to tell MaxBoxing that another stumbling block is the gloves used in the fight. "The other one is the size of the gloves, Manny obviously fights in 8-ounce gloves, Oscar fights in 10-ounce gloves, the Nevada regulation is 147-pounds and above its 10-ounce gloves. Unless both parties agree - Oscar doesn't agree to 8-ounce gloves. He wants to fight in 10-ounce gloves," stated Schaefer.

And the final stumbling block, money. At issue is the purse split. Schaefer stated: "And then you have the third point, which is the financial split."

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
wow this would be an outstanding match-up and fight. as long as Mosley can still perform as Shane Mosley, I'm all for this one happening. I actually still give Mosley a fairly good chance at winning this one right now.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
You mean the DLH-Pacman bout? I heard that they're at a stand still, but I found an article about it:

So what's the latest on a possible showdown between Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao? According to Golden Boy's CEO Richard Schaefer, who was quoted on MaxBoxing, chances are at about 70% the fight will happen on December 6th.

Schaefer tells MaxBoxing in regards to a meeting he had with Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum on Wednesday: "We had a two hour meeting, which went well. There are some open issues which need to be resolved, such as the weight. Remember, Oscar hasn't made 147 pounds in almost ten years and it's not so easy. You think, 'Well, it's easy losing an extra couple pounds or so,' but when you are a top-notch athlete, to lose those last few pounds can become very difficult. So that's one of the points."

Schaefer goes on to tell MaxBoxing that another stumbling block is the gloves used in the fight. "The other one is the size of the gloves, Manny obviously fights in 8-ounce gloves, Oscar fights in 10-ounce gloves, the Nevada regulation is 147-pounds and above its 10-ounce gloves. Unless both parties agree - Oscar doesn't agree to 8-ounce gloves. He wants to fight in 10-ounce gloves," stated Schaefer.

And the final stumbling block, money. At issue is the purse split. Schaefer stated: "And then you have the third point, which is the financial split."
Do you see what I mean about this chiken DLH now he wants bigger gloves, more money and he's waiting to see if he can make 147 otherwise he's gonna try to force Paquiao to go to 157, you watch this guy's got no shame at all, I would love to see Paquiao knock the daylights out of him for being such a sissy..

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
10 years?! more like 7 years since he last made 147. De La Hoya is such a pussy. If this fight goes through, it's a shame for boxing.

De La Hoya should focus on getting a match with Shane, Winky, Margarito, Cotto, Trinidad (most unlikely one) etc. Not focusing on a lightweight (who's made the 135 limit once..).

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
10 years?! more like 7 years since he last made 147. De La Hoya is such a pussy. If this fight goes through, it's a shame for boxing.

De La Hoya should focus on getting a match with Shane, Winky, Margarito, Cotto, Trinidad (most unlikely one) etc. Not focusing on a lightweight (who's made the 135 limit once..).
I got a feeling his plan to fight Paquiao is gonna back fire on him if the Paquiao people hold their ground and refuse to fight at anything higher than 147, Paquiao should be stronger at 147 while the drop in weight may very well weaken DLH the one key the paquiao camp should demand is that the weight in be held the same morning of the fight otherwise DLH will outweight him by 10 or 15 pounds come fight time...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Respect to Mosley for still chasing the top fighters. This would be a close fight IMO, although Mosley has all the skills and physical talents to outbox Margarito, he comes to fight rather than box. Thats why i might lean towards Margarito taking a close one.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd love to see Margarito/Mosley and it's a tough one to call. An effective measuring stick will be to see how well Mosley deals with "Mr. Cannon Fodder" himself Ricardo Mayorga. Mosley should dispatch of him with relative ease, but if he's declined at all since last November's fight with Cotto, Mayorga has more than a puncher's chance. I picked Margarito over Cotto from the beginning and I'd probably pick Tony over Mosley as well, but I'd give Shane a good shot as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mosley showing some heart, wanting to fight the best

Just like Floyd LOL

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

How can you say that when you look at how many champions he fought in his career?

Mosley showing some heart, wanting to fight the best

Just like Floyd LOL
Stop bringing Floyd up, it's getting boring now.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree, DLH is forgetting that he's not the current P4P king in this bout. I hope Pacman backs out of this fight due to him not agreeing with DLH's demands, and Mosley would fight Marg for his titles. Leaving DLH with no one really to fight except Cotto LOL. I would like to see how DLH gets out of that situation :laugh:

G

·

He's far from the guy that went up to MW to fight Sturm and Hopkins. What is he thinking when he could make good money against Tito in a fight he'd probably win, and keep the respect that he earned through his career?

I know Millie wouldn't let him fight Puerto Ricans, but where's his balls?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I agree, DLH is forgetting that he's not the current P4P king in this bout. I hope Pacman backs out of this fight due to him not agreeing with DLH's demands, and Mosley would fight Marg for his titles. Leaving DLH with no one really to fight except Cotto LOL. I would like to see how DLH gets out of that situation :laugh:
Oscar nearly always has someone to fight.

He's far from the guy that went up to MW to fight Sturm and Hopkins. What is he thinking when he could make good money against Tito in a fight he'd probably win, and keep the respect that he earned through his career?

I know Millie wouldn't let him fight Puerto Ricans, but where's his balls?
Look at his resume. It's better than any other fighter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts