Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coyote Duran: As far as Big Shane is concerned, you mentioned discussions as to what his next fight would be. Any names coming up?

Jin Mosley: You know, Shane wants this Floyd Mayweather fight and there’s a lot of misinformed things out there as far as the last November thing, you know. Things get so misconstrued in boxing and this is what pisses me off. Everybody says Shane turned down a third fight with De La Hoya for 12 million. It was never 12 million! No matter how many times I say this, it’ll go right back on saying it was 12 million. It was never 12 million. If it was 12 million, he would’ve did the fight. With Floyd Mayweather, he says that Shane turned down fights back in the day. That’s a lie. Shane can pull video of when he’s saying he’ll fight Floyd. Then the whole November thing. The only reason that didn’t happen was because Shane said, and this is exactly what happened, is that once Shane found out Mayweather was being offered eight million to fight (WBO welterweight titlist Antonio) Margarito, he said, “Well, shoot, for eight million, I’ll fight him (Mayweather).” And they were saying, “No, it’s not eight million. It’s four million.” And Shane was like, “Look, I just did two back-to-back fights with (Fernando) Vargas. I’ve been away from home for six months of the whole 2006 and either I do this fight in February for whatever the money or I’ll get myself up for it in November if you guarantee me eight million. If you don’t give me eight million, we’ll do it in February for six million, five million, whatever it is.” And Mayweather claims he’s the draw and he’s this and he’s that and didn’t wanna take it. That’s when the Oscar-Mayweather fight got made. And that’s the true story so now getting to his next fight, Shane has made it clear that he wants to fight Mayweather. But he doesn’t need to fight him. If he doesn’t he’ll fight (WBA welterweight titlist Miguel) Cotto, Zab (Judah), I mean, whatever. Floyd thinks he’s huge. Everybody in boxing is not selling press to Floyd. That’s the funny thing. He’s got a lot of the fan base hyped up with his trash talking but in the inner circle, he just hasn’t reached the real competition. De La Hoya, in many peoples’ eyes and in many professional peoples’ eyes, won that fight.

And now Mayweather’s claiming to retire, but then in the same breath, he’s saying he’ll give Oscar a rematch, which we know why: Because of the money which is great, smart, blah, blah, blah, but really, in all honesty, from a warrior’s spirit, if you really knew you won that fight, when does the winner beg for a rematch? I mean, it just that stupid! That’s the difference between Shane and him. Shane is not motivated by money. He’s motivated by the fight and Floyd is motivated by money which is the great business, smart sense move, but it depends on how you look at it. A lot of these true old school fighters are more about the fight than they about the money. Shane told him, “You keep your belt. I don’t wanna fight for the belt. You just fight me for pound-four-pound status. Whoever wins is the pound-for-pound best.

Coyote Duran: Well, to be frank with you, the 154 pound (WBC) belt that Floyd’s got now is crap anyhow.

Jin Mosley: Oh, yeah.

Coyote Duran: The one that’s more important right now is his welterweight belt, The Ring Magazine belt.

Jin Mosley: Yeah. Yeah, that’s what Shane said. But right now, he’s not holding his breath to fight him. Shane’s confident that he beats him so…now it’s all about him and if he doesn’t take the fight, fine. Shane fights somebody else. But Shane’s made it clear and you can ask him this: He’ll be retiring after his next fight.

Coyote Duran: Really? After his next fight?

Jin Mosley: Well, he wants to have his next fight this year, at the end of this year and next year, he has a lot of business opportunities and a lot of things that he’s been putting off like with our boxing gym. He wants to be able to dedicate a lot of time with this long stretch off. He’s realized that he loves training his son and he wants to be able to get his son ready for the Olympics and he doesn’t like this waiting game.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
They all fight for money. This proves/means nothing. I am not going to argue with what Jin Mosley said in an interview because Jin Mosley is not here to argue back with me. Shane and Floyd are my two favorite boxers right now, and I really want this fight. Oh one thing I will say...That WBC belt wasn't "Crap" when Goldenboy had it was it? No. And of course they say Oscar won...Ummm Helloooooo. Goldenboy again.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
They all fight for money. This proves/means nothing. I am not going to argue with what Jin Mosley said in an interview because Jin Mosley is not here to argue back with me. Shane and Floyd are my two favorite boxers right now, and I really want this fight. Oh one thing I will say...That WBC belt wasn't "Crap" when Goldenboy had it was it? No. And of course they say Oscar won...Ummm Helloooooo. Goldenboy again.
I feel you on that because those were 2 things that was based off her opinion and not a fact or something that can be proven as a fact.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i have a good feeling mosley and mayweather will wait for 2008 to come before they make a decision to fight. Just building the anticipation of it. I have a stron gfeeling oscar doesnt want to fight/train anymore. He has a beautiful wife and a kid on the way again, i wish oscar the best in life and thank you from everyone on this board. lol no more obstaining oscar.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Rumours suggest Oscar has shoulder problems again, i think hes probably done now. Hes got a hella hot wife and GBP going so i think he should concentrating on using his influence in GBP to make the big fights, which as a fighter he always looked for.

On this topic, he said.. she said.. its the **** surrouding potential big fights. Mosley never got the chance to fight guys like Trinidad and Tszyu earlier in his career, id hate the same to happen with Mayweather.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Damn. 6 months of waiting for a fight to be announced, then another 6 before it happens. I want to run boxing myself.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tysonjones said:
i have a good feeling mosley and mayweather will wait for 2008 to come before they make a decision to fight. Just building the anticipation of it. I have a stron gfeeling oscar doesnt want to fight/train anymore. He has a beautiful wife and a kid on the way again, i wish oscar the best in life and thank you from everyone on this board. lol no more obstaining oscar.
I agree 100% I think it'll happen in 2008 after Mosely fights another big fight sometime this year. I just wonder who that fight will be against.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeedsLad said:
Rumours suggest Oscar has shoulder problems again, i think hes probably done now. Hes got a hella hot wife and GBP going so i think he should concentrating on using his influence in GBP to make the big fights, which as a fighter he always looked for.

On this topic, he said.. she said.. its the **** surrouding potential big fights. Mosley never got the chance to fight guys like Trinidad and Tszyu earlier in his career, id hate the same to happen with Mayweather.
Its already happening to Mayweather. Thats the main problem I have with him.

·
Registered
205 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Coyote Duran: As far as Big Shane is concerned, you mentioned discussions as to what his next fight would be. Any names coming up?

Jin Mosley: You know, Shane wants this Floyd Mayweather fight and there’s a lot of misinformed things out there as far as the last November thing, you know. Things get so misconstrued in boxing and this is what pisses me off. Everybody says Shane turned down a third fight with De La Hoya for 12 million. It was never 12 million! No matter how many times I say this, it’ll go right back on saying it was 12 million. It was never 12 million. If it was 12 million, he would’ve did the fight. With Floyd Mayweather, he says that Shane turned down fights back in the day. That’s a lie. Shane can pull video of when he’s saying he’ll fight Floyd. Then the whole November thing. The only reason that didn’t happen was because Shane said, and this is exactly what happened, is that once Shane found out Mayweather was being offered eight million to fight (WBO welterweight titlist Antonio) Margarito, he said, “Well, shoot, for eight million, I’ll fight him (Mayweather).” And they were saying, “No, it’s not eight million. It’s four million.” And Shane was like, “Look, I just did two back-to-back fights with (Fernando) Vargas. I’ve been away from home for six months of the whole 2006 and either I do this fight in February for whatever the money or I’ll get myself up for it in November if you guarantee me eight million. If you don’t give me eight million, we’ll do it in February for six million, five million, whatever it is.” And Mayweather claims he’s the draw and he’s this and he’s that and didn’t wanna take it. That’s when the Oscar-Mayweather fight got made. And that’s the true story so now getting to his next fight, Shane has made it clear that he wants to fight Mayweather. But he doesn’t need to fight him. If he doesn’t he’ll fight (WBA welterweight titlist Miguel) Cotto, Zab (Judah), I mean, whatever. Floyd thinks he’s huge. Everybody in boxing is not selling press to Floyd. That’s the funny thing. He’s got a lot of the fan base hyped up with his trash talking but in the inner circle, he just hasn’t reached the real competition. De La Hoya, in many peoples’ eyes and in many professional peoples’ eyes, won that fight.

And now Mayweather’s claiming to retire, but then in the same breath, he’s saying he’ll give Oscar a rematch, which we know why: Because of the money which is great, smart, blah, blah, blah, but really, in all honesty, from a warrior’s spirit, if you really knew you won that fight, when does the winner beg for a rematch? I mean, it just that stupid! That’s the difference between Shane and him. Shane is not motivated by money. He’s motivated by the fight and Floyd is motivated by money which is the great business, smart sense move, but it depends on how you look at it. A lot of these true old school fighters are more about the fight than they about the money. Shane told him, “You keep your belt. I don’t wanna fight for the belt. You just fight me for pound-four-pound status. Whoever wins is the pound-for-pound best.

Coyote Duran: Well, to be frank with you, the 154 pound (WBC) belt that Floyd’s got now is crap anyhow.

Jin Mosley: Oh, yeah.

Coyote Duran: The one that’s more important right now is his welterweight belt, The Ring Magazine belt.

Jin Mosley: Yeah. Yeah, that’s what Shane said. But right now, he’s not holding his breath to fight him. Shane’s confident that he beats him so…now it’s all about him and if he doesn’t take the fight, fine. Shane fights somebody else. But Shane’s made it clear and you can ask him this: He’ll be retiring after his next fight.

Coyote Duran: Really? After his next fight?

Jin Mosley: Well, he wants to have his next fight this year, at the end of this year and next year, he has a lot of business opportunities and a lot of things that he’s been putting off like with our boxing gym. He wants to be able to dedicate a lot of time with this long stretch off. He’s realized that he loves training his son and he wants to be able to get his son ready for the Olympics and he doesn’t like this waiting game.
FRom a business point of view, floyd is doing the correct thing. He's being smart about his career. But can anybody here tell me thats the reason they love boxing?? To see a fighter manage his business career in a smart fashion? Or to see them take on all comers and prove to everyone he's the best? Just my opinion....

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
sum1 said:
FRom a business point of view, floyd is doing the correct thing. He's being smart about his career. But can anybody here tell me thats the reason they love boxing?? To see a fighter manage his business career in a smart fashion? Or to see them take on all comers and prove to everyone he's the best? Just my opinion....
Good post and I agree 100%. I could give a rat's a__ about how much money these guys make. My friends and myself pay our hard earned money to see a good fight and them fight the best.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
you dont care how much money they make but to most of them, thats all they care about. If you faught 39 fights in a row and won all of them and were regarding as p4p the best, i guarentee you you wouldnt fight just anyone for a little check. It would be a waist of time, especially with all the hard work that came behidn it for floyd to make it to that point. If you want entertainment, watch pre 140 pound floyd. If you want amazing boxing skill, watch pro 140 pound floyd. Its that simple

·
Registered
205 Posts
tysonjones said:
you dont care how much money they make but to most of them, thats all they care about. If you faught 39 fights in a row and won all of them and were regarding as p4p the best, i guarentee you you wouldnt fight just anyone for a little check. It would be a waist of time, especially with all the hard work that came behidn it for floyd to make it to that point. If you want entertainment, watch pre 140 pound floyd. If you want amazing boxing skill, watch pro 140 pound floyd. Its that simple
Somehow, I'm not surprised by this answer......

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tysonjones said:
Floyd hasnt been getting little checks for a while now and he wont start now. If you been getting 5 mill for fights then you get the chance for fight another elite fighter and make a mega fight witch will bring you 15 to 20 mill. why not take the fight??? A fight with SSM will get him at least 15 to 20 mill. he may not get 20 or 25 that he got with Oscar but thats OSCAR that got him that much money. If Oscar got me 25 and I know hes not fighting again. Why not take 20 from SSM??? As for being enertaining that fight has no choice but to be entertaining because either he's really gonna get his butt whipped or he is going to seriously have to whip some butt in order to beat SSM.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree but teh thing is you to busy argueing about floyd not fight all these guys but in reality we all knwo he will fight mosley next, but we cant expect it to happen right away, the man wants a little time off to himself. come on now, mosley/maywather will happen, the question is, when.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think Floyd is handling everything correctly. Put yourself in his situation if you can, and think about it. That is all I have to say about that.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tysonjones said:
i agree but teh thing is you to busy argueing about floyd not fight all these guys but in reality we all knwo he will fight mosley next, but we cant expect it to happen right away, the man wants a little time off to himself. come on now, mosley/maywather will happen, the question is, when.
Oh theres no question that he needs and deserves time off. But I dont know if this fight is really gonna happen.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Mosley talking about ending his career by this year i think was said to tempt Floyd in a bit. Maybe make a "SSM-PBF- Mosley's last pro fight" type of thing. Along with SMW unification and Pac-JMM II, this is the fight i want to see.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That all sounds great, but Pacquaio is more than likely squaring off against Guzman. Mosley/Mayweather is a must.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
That all sounds great, but Pacquaio is more than likely squaring off against Guzman. Mosley/Mayweather is a must.
Pac is fighting Soto early October i think its official now. And your right, with Kessler-Calzaghe pretty much made, Mosley-Mayweather is now the must. I hope its at 147 though, i think there both most comfortable there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts