Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I'd order the fight if it happened.. but it's a bit disgraceful on Oscar's side. He wants to go out with a win but why an easy one? Why can't he face Margarito or Cotto? Maybe Oscar/Mosley III (....I know lol).

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd order the fight if it happened.. but it's a bit disgraceful on Oscar's side. He wants to go out with a win but why an easy one? Why can't he face Margarito or Cotto? Maybe Oscar/Mosley III (....I know lol).
I love to see Shane and Oscar complete the trilogy, but it won't happen since they are buddies and business partners. What difference does it make if guys are friends? They should still duke it out.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I love to see Shane and Oscar complete the trilogy, but it won't happen since they are buddies and business partners. What difference does it make if guys are friends? They should still duke it out.
I'd love it to. But I guess the majority of people aren't clamoring for one. I don't see what being friends should matter though, I mean boxing is boxing. But I think the friends aspect takes away any chance of an entertaining bout.

Hopkins/RJJ weren't friends but they had a lot of respect for eachother before the fight and then after.. that of course changed post-fight. But I guess being it shows that being friends/respecting your opponent can severely damage the chance of a great match.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love it to. But I guess the majority of people aren't clamoring for one. I don't see what being friends should matter though, I mean boxing is boxing. But I think the friends aspect takes away any chance of an entertaining bout.

Hopkins/RJJ weren't friends but they had a lot of respect for eachother before the fight and then after.. that of course changed post-fight. But I guess being it shows that being friends/respecting your opponent can severely damage the chance of a great match.
I'd still like to see Hopkins and Roy finish their careers against each other. It would still be a great fight IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts