Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know any good supplements that benefit boxers. I take 25 grams of whey protein everyday after training but thats just to help recover faster. I'm also thinking about trying the GNC Triflex Sport to help with joint support because I've been having some shoulder pain lately. Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I suggest none at all. Go natural man..Everyone wants to do nothing and work with supplements. I say work natural. So you can say wow i did this on my own by eating Natural things. Supplements yeah you'll be happy but you never know what you put into your body plus you didn't do it on your own you needed supplements.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Does anybody know any good supplements that benefit boxers. I take 25 grams of whey protein everyday after training but thats just to help recover faster. I'm also thinking about trying the GNC Triflex Sport to help with joint support because I've been having some shoulder pain lately. Anyone have any tips?
Triflex sport works well if your having joint pain, thats probably the best your gonna get in terms of it having all in one(MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin). The only supplement I would recommend is a multivitamin, GNC's mega men sport is the best imo. It is nothing but natural and provides all of your daily electrolytes and minerals the body needs. They say your supposed to take half your body weight in grams of supplemental protein a day. I really don't think it matters and there are alternatives like eating meat and etc. If you are going to take protein, I recommend muscle milk instead of whey which is also pretty much all natural.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suggest none at all. Go natural man..Everyone wants to do nothing and work with supplements. I say work natural. So you can say wow i did this on my own by eating Natural things. Supplements yeah you'll be happy but you never know what you put into your body plus you didn't do it on your own you needed supplements.
well its not like im taking steroids or anything. The only reason i take whey protein is because i dont wanna eat meat every single day, thats just gonna make me gain weight. I said i was thinking of taking the GNC Triflex because im having shoulder pain from training everyday, i dont think theres any natural way to help that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Triflex sport works well if your having joint pain, thats probably the best your gonna get in terms of it having all in one(MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin). The only supplement I would recommend is a multivitamin, GNC's mega men sport is the best imo. It is nothing but natural and provides all of your daily electrolytes and minerals the body needs. They say your supposed to take half your body weight in grams of supplemental protein a day. I really don't think it matters and there are alternatives like eating meat and etc. If you are going to take protein, I recommend muscle milk instead of whey which is also pretty much all natural.
yeah i was looking at that GNC multivitamin online today, looks pretty good. I would use muscle milk but i heard that thing is packed with calories and im watching my weight. The protein i use only has a 120 calories for every 21 grams of protein so its not bad.

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just got back from GNC. I got the Triflex sport and i got the GNC Maximum Greens, its like a natural powder form multi vitamin that comes from vegetables. Im not gonna take the recommended 4 triflex pills a day, that just seems like too much. Im just gonna stick to taking two a day and see if it helps.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I just got back from GNC. I got the Triflex sport and i got the GNC Maximum Greens, its like a natural powder form multi vitamin that comes from vegetables. Im not gonna take the recommended 4 triflex pills a day, that just seems like too much. Im just gonna stick to taking two a day and see if it helps.
If it was recommended why would it be too much :dunno:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was recommended why would it be too much :dunno:
wasnt really recommended actually thats just what it said on the directions. since my shoulder pain isnt that bad i think i only need half that dose. also a lot of these kinds of supplements are mega dosed and can be too much for some people

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
has anyone tried nitric oxide products, like the UFC supplemtn exyience or like bsn;s no-exlope?
i havent heard of the other one's but i know what the n.o explode is. You dont need any of that stuff man, thats more for weight lifters who need extra energy and are too lazy to do it naturally. If you wanna take any supplements, take Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein after you train. And if you want, try this all natural vitamin ive been taking, its just a powder you mix with water and its very good for you. Its called GNC Maximum Greens Complete. If you get it, make sure you get the berry flavor because ive heard the original one tastes horrible.

·
Registered
87 Posts
what I do

Hey, noob here. My background involves much weightlifting and I'm relatively new to working boxing into my routine. The gym rat sect is really into supplements. But, most are really a waste of money. Some are not. Every morning I take a B-complex, C, and policosinol (a natural way to combat cholesterol - I'm 41). In the evenings I take whey protein and, after a really hard workout I'll take creatine. But, if I were a full-time boxer I'd keep a close eye on my weight and see if creatine has any adverse affects. You really do want to drink plenty of water with creatine. You want to drink plenty of water anyway, but with creatine there's increased risk of cramps (at least in my experience).

I've heard some say that creatine makes you slower but I sure haven't noticed that. But...I'm alrady slow.:eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
listen man if ur trying to be a boxer and not a weight lifter, then dont take creatine. Boxers arent even supposed to lift weights so why would you take creatine? whey protein and vitamins are okay, but anything more then that isnt necessary. you should keep it as natural as possible.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
listen man if ur trying to be a boxer and not a weight lifter, then dont take creatine. Boxers arent even supposed to lift weights so why would you take creatine? whey protein and vitamins are okay, but anything more then that isnt necessary. you should keep it as natural as possible.
:thumbsup: And i don't really know where that is i haven't looked it up but its bad for your kidneys thats all i know. And i'm pretty sure it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ya i know..but i got this about 2 weeks ago, it worked good for making my muscles look bigger and muscular, but i feel like my endurance has gone done hill or sumthing, becuase im gaseing out earlyer then normal..could this be the effect of the creatine, thnik im going to stop taking it starting today.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts