Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be careful what you wish for. Wlad might have an "iffy" chin, but heavyweights don't exactly throw powderpuff punches anyway. Wlad is a very mechanical and almost robotic fighter, has a history of not taking big punches well, and has a lack of stamina stigma attached to him. However, Wlad has a wealth of experience, a great trainer and program, and if he does hit you full force the chances of you getting off the canvas are small. Haye could be up for a wake-up call.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I dont think Haye should try to box with Wlad, i think he should try to fight very unorthadox and try to punch from wierd angles to get trough Wlads defense and catch him. If they start trading jabs and this becomes a mechanical typical heavyweight fight Wlad should win decision or a late tko.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Haye should go in with exactly the same tactics he used against Bonin. There was shades of prime Tyson about the way he went after him.

That would be perfect against Wlad who looks scared to get hit or engage.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think the biggest mistake Haye would do in this fight is to try and establish a jab since that will play right into Wlads plan and he would ofc outjab him. Haye needs to jump in and be agressive.

Haye needs to think that hes either gonna get knocked out or be knocked out since i dont think he can outbox and win a decision over Wlad.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I think the biggest mistake Haye would do in this fight is to try and establish a jab since that will play right into Wlads plan and he would ofc outjab him. Haye needs to jump in and be agressive.

Haye needs to think that hes either gonna get knocked out or be knocked out since i dont think he can outbox and win a decision over Wlad.

Im not to sure Brutus, i think Haye could out-box him because of his movement but i do agree that it would be the wrong tactics. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I dont think Haye should try to box with Wlad, i think he should try to fight very unorthadox and try to punch from wierd angles to get trough Wlads defense and catch him. If they start trading jabs and this becomes a mechanical typical heavyweight fight Wlad should win decision or a late tko.
I agree 100%. Haye needs to give him speed and angles and take advantage of Wlad's robotic style. Make him miss and make him pay.

G

·
One thing we can be sure of is Wlad will not enjoy fighting Haye one bit. It's going to be a rare exciting fight win or lose for Wlad.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Haye should go in with exactly the same tactics he used against Bonin. There was shades of prime Tyson about the way he went after him.

That would be perfect against Wlad who looks scared to get hit or engage.
come on tommy, i know you like to back a british fighter, but to say that haye looked like prime tyson is rediculous, yeah i agree he brought the fight to bonin but in no way was it anything like how tyson would've brought it to bonin.

bonin was finished before the fight started.

anyway, i think haye can win this if he applies the pressure early at the same time keeping his defense tight because it only takes one right hand from klitschko and its game over.

i would like to see haye take it, it would do a world of good for the heavyweight division, it would make heavyweight title fights, that much more exciting, but i see haye trying to break through wlad's tight and robotic defence with fast powerful punches but getting caught on the way in. hopefully his chin can hold up but i'm not so sure.

i'll be rooting for haye without a doubt. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
haye should try and copy prince naseem and dance around and get that big ass ukrainian out of his shield then he could throw 1 punch to the chin and knock him out. :p that would be how i want it anyway hehe

it will be either a close fight, a boring one or a ko. i'm not sure really lol

haye needs 2 fights but 1 before wlad is not lookign that great for haye. if he loses a close fight then let him have 2 or 3 and rematchhhhhh.

G

·
I can't see this one going the distance. Haye said he's going to be in his face from the very start, exactly the kind of fight Wlad hates.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I can't see this one going the distance. Haye said he's going to be in his face from the very start, exactly the kind of fight Wlad hates.
agree. klitschko is a horrible fighter to watch. one of the worst heavyweight champs i can remember. i'd love to see haye beat him. klitschko is frightened to death of being hit and i certainly think haye will try and hit him.

having said all that i was very pleased to see klitschko beat tony thompson in his last fight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I want fresh blood in the Heavyweight division as much as the next guy, but jumping in the ring with Wlad requires more than a big mouth. Haye needs to test himself against a lower level heavyweight first, see how it fits, and then worry about Wlad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts